- Preschooler Crying And Whining? Why Kids Behave Differently At Home And In School
- Your Kid’s Health Measles May Cause 'Immune Amnesia' And Put Kids At Risk Of Catching Other Infections
- Beauty Hairfall Solutions Na Subok Na Ng Mga Nanay
- Real Parenting 'My Baby Won't Remember Some Of The Best Years Of Her Life. But I Will'
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Top of the Morning: Actress Cristine Reyes Reveals Details of Upcoming WeddingPlus, Mark Zuckerberg and Baby Max’s intimate photo, another tech company beefs up its leave-with-pay benefits, and more!
1. Cristine Reyes and Ali Khatibi to Wed in Balesin in January
The Kapamilya actress revealed via her Instagram account that she and fiancé, mixed martial arts fighter Ali Khatibi are going to tie the knot in January 27, 2016 at Balesin Island in Quezon. Cristine explains that they chose the date because it was around that time back in 2013 that they knew they liked each other. Originally, Balesin was the venue for their prenup shoot and the wedding would be a backyard wedding at their new home. However, the house is still under construction, so they decided to go do beach wedding instead. The two officially got engaged last September 8, but they are already parents to daughter Amarah who is turning one in February 8. (pep.ph)
2. Mark Zuckerberg shares intimate photo with daughter
Photo from Mark Zuckerberg/FacebookADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Max Facebook's CEO and first-time father Mark Zuckerberg shared on social media an intimate photo of him and his two-week-old daughter. "Full of joy with little Max," he captioned the photo. He and wife Priscilla Chan welcomed their little girl in November and to celebrate her birth, they donated around $45 billion to charity to improve the world she'll live in. "Your mother and I don’t yet have the words to describe the hope you give us for the future. Your new life is full of promise, and we hope you will be happy and healthy so you can explore it fully,” he wrote in an open letter to Max. (people.com)
3. eBay more than doubles its paid leave for its moms
It seems that the tech companies are in a contest as to who gives better benefits for their employees. eBay became the latest tech company to offer more with-pay leave credits, all in the name of work-life balance. Starting January 1 next year, the company provide 12 weeks paid leave for moms, dads, and other employees who need to take care of their sick relatives--a big jump from previously offering no benefits at all. New moms can now enjoy up to 24 weeks of fully paid leave; from a previous 10 weeks at 80-percent pay. "Changes in the workforce and demographics in the U.S. have made it increasingly important to provide workers with the flexibility and support they need to care for children or aging parents," eBay said via a press release. (huffingtonpost.com)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Are you ready for a Dirty Dancing remake? The movie who got everyone singing "I've had the time of my life..." and made the phrase, "No one puts Baby in a corner" a classic is getting a do-over. ABC has just confirmed that it will do a musical remake of the 1987 Patrick Swayze classic romantic drama Dirty Dancing. The three-hour musical version sill star Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) who takes over the role of Baby, "an innocent young woman in the early 1960 who vacations with her affluent parents and siblings in the Catskill Mountains and falls for the resort’s working-class dance instructor." Swayze played the dance instructor who also fell in love with baby, while Jennifer Grey played Baby. (ew.com)
5. Former PBB housemate Wendy Valdez remarries
Former Pinoy Big Brother contestant Wendy Valdez married her non-showbiz boyfriend Normann Garcia in a garden ceremony at Hillcreak Gardens in Tagatay last Tuesday. Friends who attended their wedding shared photos on Instagram. The two got engaged last June; Garcia proposed to during their hiking trip to Pico de Loro in Batangas. "I know my love listens to God, because he was able to orchestrate the perfect proposal,with the perfect ring, and the perfect moment, with the perfect people to help him. They were perfect because he executed them with the guidance of the one thing that is perfect. Our impeccable father. God. It was a joyful occurrence. We were both delighted and laughing, and our hearts are overwhelmed" she wrote. Valdez was formerly married to fellow PBB housemate Bruce Quebral in 2009; their marraige was annulled last 2012. (abs-cbnnews.com)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW