- Preschooler Pinoy Parents React to No-Homework Policy: 'Zero Homework Breeds Lazy Childhood'
- Preschooler Create a Routine for Your Child and 5 Other Tips to Prevent Tantrums
- Home Child-Sized Tables, Beds, and Personal Ball Pits! 7 Stores to Shop for Kids' Furniture
- Health & Nutrition Breathing In Polluted Air May Affect Developing Babies in the Womb, Says New Study
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Top of the Morning: Alfred Vargas Pulls Off Surprise Wedding ProposalPlus, Piolo Pascual's response to controversial photo with son, and a sneak peek of Gal Gadot in Wonder Womanby Lei Dimarucut-Sison .
1. Alfred Vargas pulls off surprise wedding proposalADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Actor / Congressman Alfred Vargas of the fifth district of Quezon City surprised his wife of 6 years, Yasmine Espiritu-Vargas, with a church wedding proposal last Saturday, July 23, at Lemuria restaurant in Quezon City. The 34-year-old public servant asked to meet his unsuspecting wife for a business meeting at the restaurant. When she arrived, Yasmine was overwhelmed with emotions when a violinist started playing romantic love songs as a prelude to the proposal. The wedding is set on July 23, 2017. The couple, who got married on civil rites in 2010, are parents to two daughters, Alexandra, 5, and Aryana, 4. (pep.ph)
2. TV and radio noise could hamper a toddler's learning, study finds
A new study published in the journal Child Development suggests that learning may be impeded among toddlers when there's background noise while they're being taught. Children aged 22 months to 30 months were involved in the lab experiment, and findings show that noisy distractions, including TV, radio, and people talking in the background, are a big factor in learning new words. "It appears that while toddlers can contend with moderate levels of background speech in word learning, higher intensities of background speech hinder learning," the researchers said. (livescience.com)
3. Baby Israel almost confuses mom Jinkee Pacquiao with her twin sister
In an Instagram video, Manny Pacquiao's better half Jinkee and her identical twin sister Janet Jamora-Jumalon playfully pranked the former's youngest son. Two-year-old Israel was asked to go to mommy but was obviously confused for a short while and could not distinguish the two women. He ended up going to Jinkee, to the delight of the twins. (pep.ph)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Piolo Pascual shrugs off controversy on viral photo with son
Netizens are abuzz over the Instagram photo of Piolo with his son Inigo in an affectionate embrace while the younger Pascual was fast asleep. Many have found the snapshot endearing, but a few have managed to put a malicious spin to it. The award-winning actor, who explained that his son missed him so because he had been away for two months, says it's best to ignore the bashers. (pep.ph)
5. Gal Gadot shines in the first trailer of Wonder Woman
Fans at the San Diego Comic-Con got a sneak peek of the upcoming movie Wonder Woman last July 23. The trailer, which runs for a little under three minutes, shows Gal Gadot's character Diana Prince in top fighting form. Wonder Woman stars Gadot as the heroine from Themyscira, alongside Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Robin Wright, Connie Nielsen, and more. The movie hits theaters in June 2017. (rappler.com) Watch the trailer below:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW