Top of the Morning: New Gap Ad Has Parents of Special Needs Kids TalkingA new ad promotes inclusion for everyone, + 4 other news making a buzz online today.
1. Gap’s newest print ad got the nod of many parents when it included a special needs child among its models. One commenter named Melinda Mitsouras said: “Love this so much!!!! The girl in the wheel chair is my daughter and love the fact that the Gap promotes inclusion for everyone! She is just a regular girl who loves shopping, dolls and the gap, but has cerebral palsy! Thank you Gap for showing us to celebrate and accept our differences!!!!!!” (Facebook.com/Gap)
2. Korean pop star Lee Min Ho’s movie “Gangnam 1970” has released its official trailer last week, and it features Filipino folk artist Freddie Aguilar’s international hit, "Anak”. Aguilar’s song has been translated into many languages since it debuted in 1977, and holds the record for being the most popular Filipino song released worldwide. (ABS-CBNNews.com)
3. Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds (jokingly?) said he has thought of a name for his baby with wife Blake Lively: Excalibur Anaconda Reynolds. Lively, who is on her second trimester of pregnancy, recently announced the good news on her blog. Ryan and Blake got married in 2012. (People.com)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
4. Actress and mom of three Amy Perez, who is set to marry long-time partner, news reporter Carlo Castillo, received a surprise engagement ring from the latter during a bridal shower this weekend. Carlo and Amy have two sons together. On her Instagram account, Amy posted a video showing Carlo kneeling down on one knee while holding the ring box. (Instagram.com)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. A lawyer who has just given birth was compelled to appear in court to represent her clients after the judge handling the case denied her request to delay the hearing, which fell within her maternity leave. Thus, Stacy Ehrisman-Mickle had to bring along her 4-week old daughter to the hearing, who soon started crying, prompting Immigration Judge J. Dan Pelletier Sr. to scold Ehrisman-Mickle for the “inappropriate behavior”. A complaint has been filed against Pelletier soon after. (Huffingtonpost.com)
Trending in Summit Network