1. Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera's Baby Zia to be Baptized in January
According to the couple’s spiritual adviser and friend, Fr. Tito Caluag, Baby Zia will be baptized in January. He revealed that he had been asked to perform the religious rite in the same church where the couple tied the knot. He added that they originally intended to have the child baptized on Dec. 30, during their first wedding anniversary but moved it next year because of the holiday rush. Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera welcomed Baby Zia into the world last November 23. (inquirer.net)
2. Mark Zuckerberg shares family photo with pregnant wife
"Priscilla and I have a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving and holiday season, and family is at the top of our list. This is a big year for our little family, and we're so filled with hope for all that's ahead," he said on his Facebook post with a photo of his family: his wife Priscilla, his parents, and his sister. "I'm looking forward to many more moments with family to come," he added. The soon-to-be dad, who have announced his two-month paternity leave when his daughter is born, is definitely excited for the new chapter in his life. (huffingtonpost.com)
3. Captain America: Civil War trailer is here!
The not-so-much-awaited clash of the two Avengers is looking to be an exciting film to watch. The new action-packed trailer for Captain America: Civil War pits the American hero against Iron Man. The film kicks off Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and a lot of superheroes show up for the ultimate showdown that will certainly shake things up. The movie premiere in May 2016. (wired.com)
4. Toys R Us U.K. online store removes gender filter for toys
The U.K. site of the toy store giant has joined the push for gender equality, starting with removing the "boys" and "girls" categories from its online store. Customers can now filter their search by age, brand or genre--but not anymore by gender. This is part of its partnership with Lets Toys be Toys, a campaign group striving for more inclusivity in toys for kids, that started in 2013. Toys R Us have also changed its in-store signage and images in their catalogue. The store is now organizing toys more logically, for example, Lego Friends with other Lego toys instead of under 'girls'. (independent.co.uk)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. Having a dog help reduce anxiety in kids The man's best friend is on a roll. A new study published in the journal Preventing Chronic Diseases found that pet dogs could reduce anxiety in kids. Researchers from the Bassett Medical Center analyzed 643 children and found that kids with pet dog are less likely to develop childhood anxiety, particularly social and separation anxiety. Pet dogs can help stimulate conversation for children that could break the ice when talking to peers or adults. Previous studies also suggest that having pet dogs contribute to happiness and benefit child's health. (huffingtonpost.com)
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.