- Your Health Fact Or Myth: Oregano Essential Oil Can Protect Your Family Against Coronavirus
- Your Health DOH: Avoid Shaking Hands, Eating Uncooked Food As Precaution For Novel Coronavirus
- Labor & Childbirth When Should You Take A Bath After Giving Birth?
- Your Health DOH: Still No Confirmed Novel Coronavirus Case In PH; 24 Foreigners Under Investigation
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Top of the Morning: Emma Watson is Belle in "Beauty and the Beast"The actress exclaims, "My six-year-old self is on the ceiling, heart bursting"
1. Emma Watson to play Belle in "Beauty and the Beast"
Disney’s "Beauty and the Beast" will get a live-action reboot, and Emma Watson is set to play Belle, the studio announced Monday, January 26. The "Harry Potter" actress and United Nations Women Goodwill Ambassador took to social media to share that she's very excited to play the part. (people.com)
2. "Laughing gas" safe to use during delivery
Now you can laugh your way to the delivery room. Using nitrous oxide, also known as "laughing gas", is now considered a safe and effective way to help women manage labor pain, according a new study from the researchers at the department of midwifery science at the VU University in the Netherlands. It’s easy to administer, takes effect within a minute, and is safe for both mother and baby. (today.com)
3. Parents who allow their kids too much TV time to be fined
In Taiwan, it’s now illegal to allow kids too much screen time. Lawmakers approved the “Child and Youth Welfare and Protection Act,” which allows the government to slap parents with fines up to $1,595 for giving their children under 18 years old screen time on top of the allowed healthy levels, which is known to cause ill effects physically and mentally. This offense is equivalent to smoking, drinking, using drugs, and chewing betel nuts. (time.com)
4. Marry the right person to be successful
It turns out that your spouse has a great effect on how successful you could be in your business or chosen careers. Researchers at Washington University in St. Louis found that those people with relatively prudent and reliable partners tend to perform better at work, earn more promotions, make more money, and feel more satisfied with their jobs. In other words: A good partner sets a good example and helps you be better. (huffingtonpost.com)
5. DepEd rolls out "kariton klasrums"
Modeled after the pushcart classroom of 2009 CNN Hero of The Year Efren Peñaflorida, Jr, the Department of Education will deploy 106 "kariton klasrums" in Metro Manila, Cavite and Tacloban City for the benefit of street children and other out-of-school youth. After six months, students of the program will be assessed for integration into regular schools. (abs-cbnnews.com)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW