- Real Parenting How To Make Your Christmas Tree And Decorations Toddler-Proof? DIY With Felt!
- Family Fun Take A Tour Of Manila And Cavite: These Two Ferry Services Are Free Until January 2020!
- Real Parenting Bawas Screen Time Techniques: DIY Puno, Ball Banderitas At Iba Pa
- Travel These 3 Newly-Opened Malls Are Your Bagong Pasyalan!
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Top of the Morning: Free College Education Starts Schoolyear 2017-2018Plus, Pinoy recipe for chicken relleno wins in U.K. TV show, Georgina Wilson posts first photo of baby, and more!by Lei Dimarucut-Sison .
1. Free college education to start next year; to prioritize poor students
President Duterte wants to prioritize the "poor but bright students" to be the beneficiaries of the P8-billion Higher Education Support Fund program which grants free education at state universities and colleges starting schoolyear 2017-2018. "The 'free tuition' for the 14 state universities and colleges will be subject to guidelines to be jointly prepared by the DBM and CHED," said Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno. (gmanetwork.com)
2. Look: Georgina posts first photo of babyADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Model and It Girls co-host Georgina Wilson has indeed given birth, following reports that came out a week ago. On Christmas Day, she posted a photo on Instagram of her husband Arthur Burnand cuddling their baby boy by the Christmas tree, and captioned it "Our Christmas miracle. Welcome to the world, my son." This is the first child for the couple, who got married in April at Hampshire, England. (abs-cbnnews.com)
3. Nick and Vanessa Lachey welcome third child on Christmas eveADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Hollywood couple Nick and Vanessa Lachey got a very precious Christmas present this year: their third child, a baby boy they named Phoenix Robert, born on December 24. Vanessa made the announcement of the birth through a photo on Instagram, captioned "It's a very Merry Christmas indeed!" Nick and Vanessa are also parents to Camden John, 4, and Brooklyn Elisabeth, who is almost 2. (people.com)
4. Pinay's chicken relleno recipe wins in U.K. cooking show
Filipina cook Roni Bandong is championing Pinoy cuisine in the United Kingdom after her chicken relleno recipe was hailed "Best Alternative Christmas Dish" in Kristie's Handmade Christmas 4, a popular UK primetime TV show. Her chicken relleno, or baked chicken stuffed with chorizo, black olives, and ground pork, bested recipes by three other cooks, and the judges even referred to it as "a knockout". Congratulations! (inquirer.net)
5. Boom Labrusca, Desiree del Valle get engaged for the second time
Actor Boom Labrusca once again proposed marriage to his fiance Desiree del Valle in the presence of their mothers just before Christmas. "Darling, okay lang ba sa yo maging Mrs. Labrusca?" he reportedly said. The couple was vacationing in San Francisco, USA when the second proposal happened, which also serves as Boom's pamamanhikan. The first proposal happened in 2015, but they have yet to announce a wedding date. (pep.ph)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWhttps://www.instagram.com/p/BOe7zmmg6Yh/