- Your Kid’s Health Narito Ang Sintomas Ng COVID-19 Sa Bata At Ang Mga Dapat Alalahanin
- Inspiration Howie Severino Is PH2828: 'I Am One Of The Lucky Ones Who Lived To Tell The Tale'
- Your Health Social Amelioration Card: Paano Mag-Apply Ng Cash Aid Mula Sa Gobyerno
- Your Health Experts Say Wearing Gloves Inside Grocery Stores Gives 'False Sense Of Security'
Top of the Morning: Hospital Sends Home Newborn Babies in Christmas StockingsThe hospital brings good cheer to those spending the holidays there, plus a new way of predicting baby's gender
1. Babies in Christmas stockings!
At Magee-Women's Hospital at the University of Pittsburg Medical Center, babies are being placed in special keepsake Christmas stockings for parents spending the holiday in the hospital. The baby-sized stockings came with special holiday bonnets, too, as part of the hospital's annual tradition. (mashable.com)
2. New way of predicting baby's gender?
According to a study published in the journal Psychology and Behavior, if you're pregnant and are disgusted by formerly favorite food, you're most probably carrying a boy. Polish researchers at the University of Wroclaw, Poland, explain the feeling of disgust is tied to an expectant mom's immune functions: It's a way to protect growing male embryos, which are more vulnerable than female ones. (today.com)
3. Pinoy lolo named one of Canada's "favorite crossing guards"
Peter Atienza, 65, was named one of Canada's favorite crossing guards in a nationwide contest, Toronto Star reports. He used to be a sugar farmer in the Philippines and now travels two hours to and from his 45-minute shifts in Oriole Public School, the school that has employed him for 16 years now. He was nominated in the contest by parents of children whom he has saved from speeding vehicles. (gmanetwork.com)
4. Gift-giving's new benefits
All the more reason to shop for the holidays (if you haven't started or haven't finished ticking off your list): new research shows that gift-giving is a huge plus to boost physical health. Researchers say generosity and gratitude gives you a boost of energy and robustness. That's on top of already known emotional benefits: making a person happier, more optimistic, and it lowers the risk of depression and anxiety. (huffingtonpost.com)
5. Vina Morales ready to date again
Singer-actress Vina Morales is ready to give relationships another chance next year. Vina, who has a daughter, Ceana, 5, with businessman Cedric Lee, hasn't been in a relationship for six years already. She says she was scared to open her heart and get hurt again, but she says she'll start trusting more, especially guys with good intentions. (abs-cbnnews.com)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network