1. Kris Aquino happy to make time for family her priority
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
“We have 1 week left before heading home, my sisters told me that these are priceless moments given to me as a mom, and when Bimb's a teenager w/ his own life & activities, I'll look back at this time w/ so much gratitude for all the memories we're making," Kris Aquino wrote in an Instagram post accompanying a montage of photos showing her and her sons. She also used the hashtags #HappyPlace, #Love, and #MyWellnessJourney. The Queen of All Media has been on a break from showbiz after a she suffered a health scare and has spent the time vacationing with her sons in Hawaii. It looks like no matter how much she misses work, she's content and happy spending quality time with the two boys of her life. (pep.ph)
2. Cherry Pie Picache's son wins tennis tourney is Vietnam
Thirteen-year-old Antonio Picache Tria, also known to his family and friends as Nio, along with Michael Francis Eala III, won the top prize in the boys doubles category at the International Tennis Federation (ITF) 14 & Under Development Championships, Division 1 Hung Thinh Cup 2016 held in Ho Chi Mihn City, Vietnam last March 25. Nio, who has been competing in international tennis tournaments since he was 10, also finished 12th among the 33 players who competed in the singles category. Mom Cherry Pie shared the big win on her Facebook: "Great job, boys! You make us proud and we are blessed." Congratulations!
3. The Mind Museum launches new educational museum app
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Mind Museum in Bonifacio High Street in Taguig has just launched a mobile app--the first educational museum app for the Philippines--to make science come alive for more families. The multimedia experience of The Mind Museum's new app for mobile and tablet provides museum guests, educators, and anyone who is curious, access to scientific learning inside and outside the museum. Now, parents can spark curiosity and make science come alive at home with their kids! It’s like having a virtual museum right at your fingertips. Available for Android and iOS platforms.
4. New trailer for Steven Spielberg’s The BFG!
Disney and Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of Ronald Dahl's The BFG gives us a look at the big friendly giant (BFG)--yes, friendly. We also see more interaction between the BFG and Sophie, whom he plucked from an orphanage and brought to the giant country to be her companion because he "hears [her] lonely heart." Together, they have to fight and defeat a gang of evil and even bigger giants. The movie feature voices by Academy Award-winner Mark Rylance as the BFG, Ruby Barnhill as Sophie, and funnymen Bill Hader and Jemaine Clement as the evil giants. The BFG will hit theaters this July. (theverge.com)
5. Speedy Gonzales to be a film? Warner Bros. are reportedly working on an animated movie about the famours Looney Toons character. Speedy Gonzales, touted as "The Fastest Mouse in Mexico," will be voiced by actor Eugenio Derbez. "In Mexico, we grew up watching Speedy Gonzales. He was like a superhero to us, or maybe more like revolutionario, like Simon Bolivar or Pacho Villa," the actor told Deadline. Producer Dylan Sellers says the movie will be an origin story. Many are hoping that the new proposed film will break the character away from the offensive Mexicon stereotype. Would you watch an animated movie about the fastes mouse in Mexico? (mashable.com)