1. Maggie Wilson-Consunji slams “Yaya meal” at exclusive resort
Host, model and mom Maggie Wilson-Consunji was outraged at Balesin Island Club when her son Connor’s nanny wasn’t allowed to order anything off the menu and was told that she can only order the “Yaya’s meal.” She wrote on her Facebook page: “I just found out that Connor's nanny was not allowed to order what she wanted to eat. They told her she can only order the "Yaya's meal"! WTF, seriously?! How discriminating! Yayas, Nannies, Drivers, The Help, they are all people too and they should also have a choice with what they want to eat! I was so shocked that the management actually allowed such a rule! I am disappointed, Balesin!” (pep.ph)
2. Get ready for a live-action Winnie The Pooh film As if bringing fairytale princesses such as Cinderella, Belle, and Mulan to life wasn’t enough, Disney is also working on turning Winnie The Pooh into a live-action film. The studio has hired Alex Ross Perry, the writer-director of dance indie movie "Listen Up Philip" to direct the film, which will focus on Christopher Robin going back to the Hundred Acre Yard as an adult and spending time with his good ol’ pals. (deadline.com)
3. Miracle baby born without a nose Baby Eli was born with congenital arhinia, a condition so rare that mom Brandi was told there were only 37 cases reported around the world. Eli has no external nose and nasal cavity and olfactory system, which facilitate our sense of smell. He immediately learned to breathe through his mouth, which made breastfeeding difficult. He underwent a tracheotomy —- which needs cleaning every so often -— to help him nurse without struggling for breath. (usatoday.com)
4. New test for Down syndrome more accurate A new blood test for pregnant women, which can detect disorders in unborn children, promises dramatic advances in medicine, according a new study published in the New England Journal of Medicine. The new test involves a needle taking a sample of the placenta, afetr which the fragments of rogue DNA are studied through a bllod test to determine whether the baby has Down syndrome. The new test was proven to give better results that current tests. (bbc.co.uk)
5. Kendrick Lamar is engaged The Grammy-winning rapper Kendrick Lamar is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Whitney Alford. The two were high school sweethearts. Kendrick, who was one of the headliners at the 7101 International Music Festival, a three-day concert in Clark, Pampanga last 2014, describes Whitney as someone who has been around since Day 1, and that he is honoring that loyalty. (people.com)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.