1. Patrick Garcia debuts ultrasound photo of second baby
The “Two Wives” actor posted on Instagram the second ultrasound photo of his and his wife Nikka Martinez's second child. In the caption, he wrote, “Hi Baby Patrice!” The two tied the knot last March. They are already parents to daughter Chelsea, who is two years old. (pep.ph)
2. Can labor be predicted? A new study suggests that a genetic “switch” in the placenta might kick off the production of the hormones that start labor. Researchers found that a protein called NF-kB switches up its activity as pregnancy progresses, and a change in that protein’s activity may help start labor—thus, telling pregnant women and their doctors when they’ll start giving birth or to prevent preemies. The study was published in the journal Science Signaling. (livescience.com)
3. Bianca Gonzalez reveals the name of her future baby
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
On her Instagram account, the TV host posted a photo of what would be greeting Bianca Gonzalez’ husband JC Intal when he arrived from basketball practice. The photo included a Polaroid shot where Bianca wrote, “Go Daddy!” and then a yellow heart beside the name “Lucia,” which is what their baby’s name would be when they welcome her into the world. Incidentally, Bianca's father Chito reportedly passed away yesterday. TV host Boy Abunda broke the news on the talk show "Aquino & Abunda Tonight" last night. (gmanetwork.com,abs-cbnnews.com)
4. New recos for babies who are at high-risk for peanut allergies Infants who are at high risk of peanut allergies should be given foods containing peanuts before they turn age one, says both the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. This new recommendation is in response to a major allergy study that found that exposure to peanuts in infancy may help build tolerance to it. These babies should also take allergy tests between four months and 11 months before being exposed to peanut-containing foods. (huffingtonpost.com)
5. Model mom Kate Moss’ new cover photo It’s her yearbook photo that's on the cover of L'Officiel Spain's debut issue this September. The delightfully retro photo—a throwback to the ‘80s—features the supermodel with her full fringe, soft waves, and earnest grin. It’s clear why she skyrocketed to model stardom, the mom-of-one surely knows how to capture an audience with one photo. (hollywoodreporter.com)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.