1. Pope Francis tells priests to pardon women who have had an abortion
Photo from flickr.com
In another bold move by the Pope, he gave all priests discretion to forgive women who have had abortions in light of the extraordinary Holy Year, which will commence on December 8, 2015 until November 26, 2016. The “Jubilee” year will have the theme: mercy. Abortion is a sin so grave that the people who do it or women who have it done are automatically executed. In the letter published on Tuesday by the Vatican, Pope Francis described the “existential and moral ordeal” that these women face, and said that he had “met so many women who bear in their heart the scar of [their] agonizing and painful decision. Pope Francis has been encouraging a more open and inclusive church. (huffingtonpost.com)
2. Bunny Paras asks support and donations for daughter Former actress Bunny Paras is asking for support and donations for her daughter Moira with DJ Mo Twister. Moira is afflicted with Friedreich’s Ataxia disease, a disease that attacks the nervous system which leads to the patient being paralyzed. “All donations go towards curing this terrible disorder, and the more donations Moira gets, the more chances she has in the raffle after the walk for her to win prizes,” Bunny said. Moira will be joining the annual Los Angeles/Orange Country Ataxia Walk for Awareness in Yorba Linda, California. September 26 is National Ataxia Awareness Day. If you wish to donate, click here. (pep.ph)
3. Blake Lively designs baby bag, names it after daughter
The “Age of Adeline” actress recently added “fashion designer” to her resume when she co-designed accessories for her lifestyle website this year. Now, she has taken it a notch higher, collaborating with Sandast for a baby bag named after her baby daughter James. The “James Bag” comes in a sleek cognac shade and is made from premium leather, and costs $860. It’s so sleek that it can be used even after baby. As young as she is, James is sure one lucky girl, because, of course, she will be inheriting her mom’s style essentials in due time. (people.com)
4. Benedict Cumberbatch shares son’s name The Cumberbaby has a name, and it’s Christopher Carlton Cumberbatch. Carlton is a family middle name that the little baby boy shares with his dad. The “Sherlock” actor, who will also play Doctor Strange in the Marcel Cinematic Universe, and wife Sophie Hunter have managed to keep the pregnancy and birth of their now three-month-old son hush-hush until now. The two announced that they were starting a family back in January, two months after he popped the question. They tied the knot on Valentine’s Day, and welcomed their first child Christopher last June 1. What a cute and dapper moniker! (people.com)
5. Ne-Yo is engaged and having a baby The singer confirmed on Monday that he is engaged to his new fiancée Crystal Williams, and that they’re having a baby, too! Ne-Yo announced the good news on Twitter, “Clearing the air... @mscrystalrenay and I are ENGAGED to be married next year. And yes we are expecting #FromTheHorsesMouth.” Rumors of Crystal’s pregnancy started when the singer posted on Instagram a photo of her holding a snapshot of the singer cradling her tummy. Ne-Yo is already a dad to daughter Madilyn Grace, 4, and son Mason Evan, 3, from his previous engagement. Congratulations! (people.com)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.