- News Why a Sleepy Scarlet Snow Belo Still Walked the ABS-CBN Ball Red Carpet With Mom Vicki
- News YouTube Channel Ryan ToysReview Accused of Misleading Kids With Paid Content
- Home Dahil sa Pagsisikap, Anak ng Dating Jeepney Driver Naitayo ang Kanyang Dream Home
- Your Health Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits: It Can Speed Up Weight Loss and Solve Beauty Woes
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Top of the Morning: Tom Hanks's Wife Recovering from Breast CancerThe actor and wife Rita Wilson have been married for 27 years
1. Rita Wilson diagnosed with breast cancer, undergoes surgery
Tom Hanks’s wife, actor and producer Rita Wilson ("Sleepless in Seattle" and "Runaway Bride"), opened up about her condition: she was diagnosed with breast cancer and has had a double mastectomy and reconstruction surgery. The 58-year old mother of two said: “I feel blessed to have a loving, supportive husband, family, friends and doctors and that I am the beneficiary of advances in the field of breast cancer and reconstruction. I am getting better every day and look forward to renewed health.” (people.com)
2. Gestational diabetes linked to autism?
A new study published in the Journal of American Medical Association found a link between diabetes in pregnant women and autism. Researchers found that diabetes that develops early in pregnancy may increase women’s chances of having a child with autism. The reason for the link is still unclear; although it’s possible that exposure to high level of blood sugar may disrupt fetal brain growth. (time.com)
3. School district kicks out non-vaccinated kids
The Spokane district official in Washington, D.C., removed 143 students last Monday, April 13, who couldn’t prove that they had been vaccinated with the legally required shots. That number is expected to rise, as more than 700 students in the state’s second largest district lack complete vaccination documents. Spokane district is believed to be the first to take such drastic action. (yahoo.com)
4. Billy Joel is going to be a dad again!
The “Piano Man” singer is going to be a dad again at 65 years old. He and his girlfriend, Alexis Roderick, are expecting their first child together. The baby, confirmed to be a girl, is due in July. Billy is thrilled to be a dad again. He is already a dad to Alexa Ray, 29, with supermodel Christie Brinkley. (people.com)
5. Kimora Lee Simmons welcomes son
Model, host and entrepreneur Kimora Lee Simmons and husband, financier Tim Leissner, welcomed their first child together, son Wolfe Lee Leissner. The couple is “filled with joy, adoration, and gratitude.” This is Kimora’s fourth child. She is already a mom to daughters Ming, 15, Aoki, 12, with ex hubby Russell Simmons, and Kenzo, 5, with actor Djimon Hounsou. (people.com)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW