- Real Parenting Princess Tent Kapalit Ng 2 Kilong Manok! The Best Items Moms Got From Bartering
- Toddler Is It Okay To Discipline Someone Else's Child? When People Need To Mind Their Own Business
- News New Trend Shows Whole Families Are Getting COVID-19. How It Happens
- Your Health For Another Layer Of Protection! Where To Buy Face Shields In Manila
Trending #YesAllWomen Tweets: Women Speak Up on being Victims of SexismWomen from around the world stand up for their rights online
Recently, three men were found stabbed to death in a Santa Barbara, California apartment, and another three fatally shot. Police reports identified the murderer as Elliot Rodger, who committed suicide after the killings.
The motive, it seems is revenge. Prior to the incident, Rodger managed to upload a YouTube video where he promised to exact revenge on the women who he says made him live “an existence of loneliness, rejection and unfulfilled desires.
“You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It’s an injustice, a crime, because… I know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman,” said Rodger in the video, according to time.com.
Netizens reacted passionately on Twitter as a response to Rodger and society’s sexist notion that men are entitled to women, with little regard for their welfare or safety. Many voiced out that they felt Rodger was the product of a culture that embraces the ideology of women not being in control of their own bodies and their sexual choices.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
The hashtag #YesAllWomen quickly became a trending topic, with women airing out their own experiences of being sexually assaulted. Here are some of them:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Read more eye-opening tweets at https://twitter.com/hashtag/YesAllWomen.
• May 25, 2014. Nolan Feeney. “The Most Powerful #YesAllWomen Tweets” time.com
• May 27, 2014. Emanuella Grinberg. “Why #YesAllWomen took off on Twitter” edition.cnn.com
• May 28, 2014. Jessica Valenti. “#YesAllWomen reveals the constant barrage of sexism that women face” theguardian.com
Trending in Summit Network