- Toddler Toddler Masturbation Happens! 5 Signs When You Need To Worry
- Baby Newborn Checklist: What to Prepare for Your Baby's First Three Months
- Your Kid’s Health Don't Give Fruit Juice to Kids 1 Year Old and Below, Pedias Say
- Home Mom Filled This Bedroom With Furniture That Will Encourage Her Toddler To Be Independent
Worst Places in the World to be a MomA recent study ranks the world’s countries by how suitable their health, economic and educational conditions are for raising a child.
In which country would it be worst for you to become a mom and raise a child? A recent report says that Afghanistan tops the list. Other countries that landed the bottom were Niger, Yemen, Eritrea, Sudan and other sub-Saharan African countries.
Save the Children, an independent non-profit organization that provides responsive action to calamity-stricken areas around the world, released a Mothers’ Index that ranked countries around the world based on their suitability for raising a child.
The worst countries all had several factors in common:
• “access to clean water”
• “only four girls for every five boys are enrolled in primary school”
The best country in the list, on the other hand, was Norway, followed by Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, among others. Factors that make these countries some of the best to raise a child in are their outstanding educational, health and economic conditions.
Two out of every five children in Afghanistan are malnourished in Afghanistan. One in every four of these five children actually die before they turn five years old. Says the report, "At this rate, every mother in Afghanistan is likely to suffer the loss of a child."
• May 3, 2011. “Afghanistan worst place to be a mother: report” AFP Relax
• May 3, 2011. “Save the Children’s State of the World’s Mothers Report Ranks Best and Worst Places to be a Mom” NBC12.com
Photo from flickr.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network