- Baby Ayaw Magpababa ni Baby? A Mom Swears There Are Benefits
- News Mermaid Mama! Andi Eigenmann Wows In Underwater Baby Bump Photos
- Love & Relationships A Devoted Husband From Iloilo Shares Why 'One Woman Is Enough'
- News Student With Highest Average In UP Diliman's History Ranks 5th In Physician Licensure Exam
Young Pinoy Whizzes Ace International Math CompetitionLearn more about how Filipino teenage math geniuses brought pride to the country with their recent notable achievement.
12 golds, one silver and two bronze medals – Pinoy mathematicians bagged these models when they won in the recently-concluded 5th International Young Mathematicians’ Convention in Lucknow, India. Placing second was India, with seven golds, 28 silvers and 28 bronzes, while Thailand placed third with four golds, six silvers and one bronze. The competition lasted from December 1 to 4.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
While three of the 12 golds were won during the group competition and the Junior Math Relay contest, the individual gold medals were won by the following:
• Ethan Riley Chan and Shawn Gabrielle Cabanes (Zamboanga Chong Hua High School)
• Jason Carlo Caranceja (Grace Christian College)
• John Aries Ceazar Hingan (San Beda College-Alabang)CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
• Andrea Jessica Jaba from St. Jude Catholic School
• Himig Marcos and Jervis Chua (Philippine Cultural College)
• Lorenzo Magnaye (PSHS-Main Campus)
• Jose Alfonso Mirabueno (Philippine Science High School-Southern Mindanao)
• Raenelle Ean Ngo (Chiang Kai Shek College)
• Gen Mark Tanno (Southville International School)
• Dielle Tio (St. Stephen’s High School)
The individual silver medal was won by Jezariah Garcia from Valenzuela City Science High School. The two bronze medals were won by John Gedric Tudio from Marist School in Marikina City and Claire Klemaine dela Cruz from the Integrated Montessori Center in Taguig City.
The young math geniuses owe their arithmetic skills to their training care of the Mathematics Trainers’ Guild Philippines (MTG). Says MTG president, Dr. Simon Chua, “We are very proud of our contestants. It's truly a very memorable year for our math wizards.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Other countries which participated in the competition were Bhutan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the United Kingdom.
• December 7, 2012. “PHL tops intl math titl with 12 gold medals” gmanetwork.com
• December 5, 2012. Jerry E. Esplanada. “PH team tops int’l youth math competition in India” globalnation.inquirer.net
• December 5, 2012. “PH overall champs in international math contest” ABS-CBNnews.com
Photo by Inkyhack via flickr creative commons
Trending in Summit Network