- News Pedias Advice Parents: 'Vaccination Is Not Recommended for Dengue Outbreak'
- Your Kid’s Health Lapitin ba ng Lamok Ang Iyong Anak? 5 Rason Kaya Siya Kinakagat
- Toddler The Home Is Your Child's First Classroom: 7 Montessori Principles You Can Use
- Kids with Special Needs Alamin ang Inyong Karapatan: Listahan ng Mga Benepisyo ng PWD sa Pilipinas
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Register to Vote If You Want A Say in the Next Roster of Government OfficialsNew voters, lapsed voters, and transferring voters have from July 2 to September 29.
Exercising your right to vote is as important as ever, because the best way to make a difference and make your voice heard is to elect politicians who will enact the change you want to see in this country.
If you haven’t registered to vote yet, now’s your chance: the application period for voters’ registration runs from July 2, 2018, to September 29, 2018. All you have to do is proceed to your city, district, or municipality’s Office of the Election Officer (OEO) with a photocopy of a valid ID. The OEOs will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Saturday, including holidays.
Those who register to vote must be Filipino citizens who will be at least 18 years old on or before the elections on May 13, 2019. You should also be a Philippine resident for at least one year, and have resided in the place where you intend to vote for at least six months before May 13, 2019.
COMELEC will also be accepting applications for:
- transfer/transfer with reactivation
- change/correction of entries
- inclusion/reinstatement of records
Not sure where your OEO is? Check out COMELEC’s directory of field offices:
City/Municipal Offices within NCR
City/Municipal Offices outside NCRADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Here’s a guide to the COMELEC registration process:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This story originally appeared on Esquiremag.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.