Going on a trip with your family? Plan in advance to make the most out of your vacation. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the things you have to arrange, read on. We’ve gathered tips to help you have a hassle-free family trip.
1. Pick a family-friendly hotel or resort. Searching for the perfect accommodation for your vacation may be challenging. Since you are traveling with the family it is important that you choose a hotel that meets the needs of everyone in the family.Some key aspects to look at are if the hotel offers family rooms, kid-friendly facilities such as a playground or kiddie pool, and attractions such as a themed swimming pool or restaurant.
2. Know the child policy for your airline and hotel. If you are traveling by plane, make sure that you are aware of the airline’s child policy. Some airlines allow children to share seats with paying adults. Take into consideration baggage allowance and fragile cargo such as a push chair. This also applies to booking a room. When getting a family room, you might want to consider a hotel that allows kids to share a bed with adults and also includes breakfast sets in the price.
3. Pack only essentials. To avoid excess baggage charges, pack only the essential items you need on your trip. Some important things you may need are insect repellent lotion, medicine, extra batteries for your cameras, cellphone chargers, and a few valid identification cards.
4. Plan your itinerary. Book ahead of time. Make sure you know where you are traveling to and what tourist spots you intend to visit. Creating an itinerary will help you save time during the actual trip and will also allow you to manage your budget properly.
5. Have fun! Having fun is the key element to having a successful family vacation. Avoid any work-related activities and, as much as possible, limit your use of your phone. Remember that this trip is for bonding with the family.
Book your hotel accommodations on TravelBook.ph! Click here for a complete list of hotels in the Philippines.