- Getting Pregnant 24 Embarrassing and Hurtful Comments Pregnant Moms Have Received: 'Ang Pangit Mo Magbuntis'
- Toddler Parents Face a Crisis: Kids Are Growing Up Lacking These Skills for Future Success
- Fitness & Nutrition 20 Lbs Ang Nabawas Sa Timbang Ni Mommy Dahil Sa Jumping Rope
- News Infants In Baby Switching Case Returned To Rightful Parents; Rizal Hospital Offers Refund
Best Vacation Stories from Real Parents: Daddy Days (UK)A mom of two shares her story about her last summer vacation with her dad before he passed away.
When was the last time you went away with your family? We’re not talking about trips to the mall where everybody ends up shopping and eating fastfood; we’re talking about leaving your everyday schedule behind and devoting all your energy and attention on each other. Don’t waste anymore time. Pack your bags like this family did, and have a grand time!
In 2007, I had my best summer holiday ever. It was the first time that our family became complete again—my sister Cynthia had settled in the United Kingdom while I started a family of my own.
My father, who was diagnosed with stage four liver cancer, wanted to travel to Europe with all of us. He and my mom went ahead; I followed soon enough with my husband and kids, thinking it would be my last days with Daddy. Indeed, we were able to spend over two months together with my sister and her husband, Mike, taking us around, every single moment they were off from work.
We had so many beautiful memories in England. We visited London and saw Big Ben and the Buckingham Palace. But even our quiet days at my sister’s house, just being with Mommy and Daddy were priceless. Daddy was only so happy to be with his two daughters and four grandchildren.
That same year, a couple of days before Christmas, my dad passed away. My mom, sister, and I were glad that we were able to spend that one summer as one happy family.
- Rachelle Siena, Quezon City, mom to Shaina 12, and Andrew, 10ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Photo from commons.wikimedia.org
Trending in Summit Network