- Real Parenting Wais Mom Bartered Old Items And Got A Play Tent, Slide, And Toy Car In Return!
- Baby Naninilaw Ang Balat Ni Baby? Learn To Detect Jaundice Because It Can Lead To Brain Damage
- Labor & Childbirth Nagkabutas Ang Water Bag Sa Ika-7 Buwan: 'Konting Galaw Lang, May Tumatagas Na Tubig'
- Toddler Nagsisinungaling Na? Paano Itama At Pigilan Ang Ganitong Ugali
Best Vacation Stories from Real Parents: Hometown Haven (Vigan)A mom shares her memorable trip back to her hometown, Vigan, Ilocos Sur.
When was the last time you went away with your family? We’re not talking about trips to the mall where everybody ends up shopping and eating fastfood; we’re talking about leaving your everyday schedule behind and devoting all your energy and attention on each other. Don’t waste anymore time. Pack your bags like this family did, and have a grand time!
Empanada, bagnet, sinanglao, bibingka—these are only some of my best childhood memories. That’s why when we were planning our first family out-of-town trip, I thought of no other place to bring my, then, one-year-old son than Vigan, Ilocos Sur—my home.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
We traveled by plane to Laoag City and spent a few nights at my sister’s place. From there, we headed to Vigan by land. Walking through the cobblestone streets and looking at the ancient Spanish houses brought back memories of my happy days as a little girl. I called up some of my childhood friends and we set up a small get-together to introduce each other’s families. My son Patrick had a grand time meeting new faces and visiting so many exciting places. It meant a lot to me to introduce my family to my childhood, and to see my firstborn in the same “playground” I grew up in. It was truly worth the long trip. The sentimental streak made our vacation more memorable to the three of us.
- Vlelyn Ang, Ozamiz City, mom to Patrick Vinz, 3 years old
Photo from commons.wikimedia.org
Trending in Summit Network