embed embed2
  • Japan Tourist Visa: Here's The List Of Requirements And Accredited Travel Agencies

    Here are the requirements to get a Japan visa and travel agencies to help you get one.
    by Esper Abrajano-Bitare .
Japan Tourist Visa: Here's The List Of Requirements And Accredited Travel Agencies
  • If Japan is on your family's travel bucket list (if not, we suggest you add it), you'll need to get a tourist visa. Its minimum validity is 15 days, although the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines grants visas for up to 90 days and multiple entry up to five years.

    The best part about visa application for Japan is no personal appearance is required. You go through an accredited travel agency. Scroll below to see the one nearest you. But first here are the requirements you will need.  

    What you need to apply for a tourist visa for Japan

    1. Philippine passport: Make sure it's valid for at least six months, and it must have at least two blank pages.

    2. Completely filled visa application form, which should be printed in A4 paper. (Download it here.)

    3. A colored passport photo (4.5cm x 4.5cm) with white background taken in the last six months. The applicant's name and date of birth should be written on the backside of the photo.

    4. First-time applicants need an original copy of his or her birth certificate certified by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). For birth certificates tagged under 'late registration," a baptismal certificate and school's Form 137 (Permanent Record) is required. If the birth certificate is not recorded in the PSA, you'll need a Certificate of Non-Record from PSA with a copy of your birth certificate from the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).

      Recommended Videos
    5. First-time applicants who are married also need to submit an original copy of their PSA-certified marriage certificate. If the marriage certificate is not recorded in PSA, secure a Certificate of Non-Record from PSA along with the marriage certificate from the LCR.

    6. Your tour itinerary in Japan.

    You do not need a birth or marriage certificate if you have an expired Japan visa. You just need to provide your passport with the used Japan visa. 

    What other parents are reading

    For families who do not have a guarantor or sponsor for their visit to Japan, you need to prove that you can pay your trip's expenses. Here's what you'll need to present:

    • Bank certificate issued within the last three months printed in A4 paper
    • A photocopy of Income Tax Return (ITR) or BIR2316.
    • Newly employed or freelancers who cannot provide ITRs may write a letter stating the reason, along with other documents that show proof of income or a Certificate of Employment.
    • New business owners who cannot provide ITRs may also write a letter stating the reason, along with a copy of the business registration issued by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) or Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
    • Unemployed, students, and minors need their guarantor or sponsor's ITR or proof of income and a certificate of enrollment if a student.

    Visitors who have sponsors or guarantors need to furnish the following:

    • A guarantee letter explaining that the guarantor or sponsor will shoulder the tourist's trip expenses. The letter must include the name of your guarantor, relationship with the guarantor, address, and contact number.
    • Proof of relationship with the sponsor or guarantor: If a traveler's guarantor is a family member, documents such as PSA-certified birth certificate and marriage certificate, if applicable, are required. If the sponsor or guarantor is a friend, you need to present photos of the applicant with his guarantor, screenshots of your conversations, and email correspondence.
    • A photocopy of bank certificate and photocopy of ITR of guarantor

    List of accredited travel agencies by the Japan Embassy

    The Embassy of Japan in the Philippines does not allow direct applications unless for special cases. If you plan to visit Japan, applying for a tourist visa should be coursed through a travel agency. The Japan tourist visa is free, but travel agencies charge a fee for processing your tourist visa application whether your applicaiton was denied or granted.

    What other parents are reading

    The Embassy of Japan in the Philippines lists seven accredited travel agencies as of this writing. Choose your preferred travel agency from the list below.


    Main Office: Dusit Thani Manila Hotel, Ayala Center, Makati City.
    (02)8859-3857 to 3860; (02)7618-2359; (0917)634-8280; (0917)530-2998
    Email: japanvisa@universalholidays.com

    Discovery Tour, Inc.

    Main Office: Unit301 GF Sagittarius Building, H.V. Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City.
    (02)8892-2849; (02)8843-5832; (02)8843-5083; (0915)320-0780; (0999)943-5231

    Cebu Branch: Door No.203-A1 2F Northgate Center, Don Manuel Gotianuy Complex, Gov. Cuenco Ave., Banilad City, Cebu (beside UC-Banilad Campus)
    (032)340-1822; (032)340-1824; (0916)958-3489; (0999)420-5556; (0922)769-8369


    Davao Branch: Door 109 GF Court View Inn Bldg. Quimpo Blvd. Cor. Sandawa Road, Davao City (beside Ice Giants)
    (082)285-7188; (082)284-4114; (082)321-1315; (0915)326-0111; (0920)210-4677; (0923)423-2207

    Rajah Travel Corporation

    Makati Branch: 3F 331 Building, 331 Senator Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City
    (02)8894-0886; (0917)529-6774

    Manila Branch: GF GLC Bldg., A. Mabini cor. T.M. Kalaw St. Ermita, Manila
    (02)8523-8801 to 07; (0917)854-3614

    Reli Tours & Travel Agency

    Main Office: 3F Dusit Thani Hotel, Ayala Center, Makati City
    (02)8894-1210; (02)8893-9226; (0906)280-6666

    SM Mall of Asia Branch: South Park 123, SM Mall of Asia, Bay City, Pasay City
    (02)8556-1445 to 1447; (0906)513-6777

    SM Megamall Branch: GF Mega Street Building A, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
    (02)8692-1114; (0906) 513-6555

    SM Southmall Branch: Unit 344 SM Southmall, Imanza Dos, Las Pinas City
    (02)8800-4948 to 50; (0906)513-6222

    Lucky China Town Mall Branch: FS414, 4F Lucky China Town Mall, Calle Felipe 2 Corner Lachambre Street, Brgy 293, Zone 028, Binondo, Manila City
    (02)8242-0640; (0906)492-1000

    SM North EDSA Branch: City Center Building 3F, CC338 SM North Ave., Corner Edsa, Paging Pagasa Quezon City
    (02)8351-7336; (02)8584-5471; (0927)736-4000

    What other parents are reading

    Attic Tours Phils., Inc.

    Main Office: Unit 202 Coko Bldg.1, Patio Madrigal Compound, 2550 Roxas Blvd.,Pasay City 1302
    (02)8556-6301 to 05

    Hotel Jen Branch: GF Hotel Jen Manila, 3001 Roxas Blvd. Pasay City
    (02)8984-0566; (02)8668-9845; (02)8516-0699

    SM City North EDSA Branch: GF The Block, SM City North Edsa Complex, Quezon City
    (02)8372-3254; (02)8373-2594; (0917)898-0905

    SM City Fairview Branch: Upper GF. Annex 3 Bldg. SM City Fairview, Quirino Highway cor. Regalado Ave. Brgy. Greater Lagro, Novaliches, Quezon City
    (02)8829-0761; (0917)189-1228

    SM Southmall Branch: Loc. 343 3F, SM Southmall Almanza Uno, Las Pinas City
    (02)8281-8506; (0917)1866-853

    SM City Clark Branch: Ground Level, Service Lane of SM City Clark, Manuel A. Roxas Hwy, Clark Freeport, Angeles Pampanga
    (045)499-7546; (0917)305-4292

    SM Cebu City Branch: 2F SM City Cebu, North Reclamation Area, Mabolo Cebu City

    Cebu Waterfront Airport Hotel Branch: Lobby, Waterfront Airport Hotel 1, Airport Road, Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan Island, Cebu City
    (032)341-2299; 032-341-2012

    SM City Davao Branch: Level 3, SM City Davao, Quimpo Blvd. Talomo Davao City
    (082)225-8920; (0917)321-1328


    Friendship Tours and Resorts Corporation

    Main Office: 3F, Dusit Thani Manila, Ayala Center, Makati City
    (02)8810-9622; 02-8819-5644; (0917)548-1810

    Cebu Branch: Unit 2-508, 5F OITC 2 Building, Oakbridge Business Park, A.S. Fortune Street, Banilad, Mandaue City, Cebu
    (032)345-3459; (032)344-4825; (0917)724-3373

    Pan Pacific Travel Corporation

    Main Office: 353 E.T. Yuchengco St., Binondo, Manila

    Ermita Branch: Space A, GF and 2F, Pacific Pace Apartelle suite, 539 Arquiza St., Ermita, Manila
    (02)8521-3141 to 3146

    Makati Branch: LG01, Herrera Tower Condo, 98 V.A. Rufino St. (Herrera St.) cor. Valero St., Salcedo Village, Makati City
    (02)8810-8551 to 8556

    Travel agencies usually take seven to 10 business days to process and release visas. You will receive a text message to claim your passport. A white sticker at the back of your passport means that your Japan tourist visa is approved, while a red sticker means it has been denied.

    What other parents are reading

View More Stories About
Trending in Summit Network
View more articles