Parent Chat

• August 18, 2019, 07:54:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Kids say the darnest things :)  (Read 124019 times)

eve

• View Profile
Kids say the darnest things :)
« on: May 29, 2008, 11:11:52 am »

HI MOMMIES

Meron bang special dictionary ang inyong mga babies?  I remember one of my nephews has these set of words:  TUSILA: kutsara, TUSILO: Kutsilyo, DIKDAK: Hearts, POYAKS: Baraha  ;D

c yancy, she used to call me NANI kas di niya masabi yung nanay. ito lang yung nagiisa nyang Baby Word.  What about you mommies?

Read it on Smart Parenting.
26 Photos That Prove a Silent Toddler Means a Big 'OMG' Mess

Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/toddler/photos-kids-make-mess-a00228-20181018-lfrm?ref=parentchat

Get a chance to be invited to exclusive events or grab limited freebies from Smart Parenting and partner brands! Login to reply to this topic or share your tips in this forum. Invites are sent via email to selected forum members so be an active Parent Chatter!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:35:24 pm by Mommy Jazz »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: It came from the mouth of children
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:06:28 am »

Thanks for putting up this topic. Would like to share a compilation of what came out of my daughter's mouth (kid's say the darnest and cutest things talaga). She'll be turning 5 soon.

My daughter got angry at us (Mom and Dad).
"I don't want to live in this house anymore"
"Where will you sleep on the streets?"
"Dada will drive me to another house."
"who will scratch your back when you sleep?"
"I'll scratch my back using a back brush for the bath"
"who will make your baby brother laugh when you're gone?"
"I'll take JC with me"
"but what if he gets hungry?"
"I'll cut off mama's chest and make JC drink."
"But that's ouch!"
"I'll put band aid and after JC drinks, I will stick the chest back with glue."

My 4yo daughter showed me a tiny shell shaped like a capsule.
"Mama, this is a real medicine"
"No Julia, it's a pretend medicine"
"It's real to my dolls.?"

We left our daughter (then 3yo) at the kitchen alone. Soon there was a wiped spill at the floor infront of the ref and egg shells in the trash. We asked her and she addmitted she tried to juggle the eggs but it fell. Because of her honesty, I didn't scold her anymore.

My daughter has the irks for gay people. I don't know why. When she was confined, she mentioned a "man that she don't like". Later a gay nurse came and only then I understood what she said. While I was given instructions by the nurse, she kept pulling my arm wanting to say something. I know she'll embarass the nurse so i tried stopping her from interrupting our conversation. She found a way to butt in while the nurse was talking and said loudly "He's the man I'm saying I don't like!"
Ewan ko kung naintindihan nung nurse yung sinabi niya, umalis nalang bigla after his instruction

"Mama, when I become a grown up, can I go babay all by myself?"
"Yes, but where will you go?"
"To the monkey slide (Kids Republic)."

My 4yo daughter has cough today so absent muna siya sa school. I said "I want to take care of you today so you'll get better." She answered: "I don't want to change Mama".

May lakad ako 1 day and dressed up and put on make up. My daughter liked my face and touched it.
"Mama, you look like a lady!"
"Really? do I look pretty?"
"You look like a lady guard."
Mahilig kasi sa guard yang anak ko. You can never scare her by saying "o ayan, kukunin ka ng guard!" She thinks they're brave and helpful like Higglytown heroes. When asked what she wants to be when she grows up
"a guard and an artist"

1) I took my 4yo duaghter in a shoe store where they display only 1 pc per style. My type was taken so we left the store. My daughter asked "Mama, is the shoe you like taken by a lady with 1 foot?"
2) "Mama, do you like Donuts everyday?" "Not everyday." "Mama, do you like donuts every night?"
3) After watching the ending of Little Mermaid: "Mama, I wanna get married and wear a beautiful white dress." "who will you marry?" "Dada. (Daddy)"

1)Yesterday, Lolo and Lola opted to attend sunday service at our sister church. When my daughter heard of this, she asked "Is the sister church a girl with ribbon on top?"
2)"Mama, when I grow up, I want to be an artist so you will be proud of me."
"I will be proud of you no matter what you become."
"But if I becoame an artist, you will love me more,..more than 10." Then she started counting with skipped numbers but only up to 25.
"...Mama, do you love me more than any numbers?"
"Yes baby"
"...and letters?"

At ito ang latest. It happened last Saturday. She ran out of the bathroom screaming and crying. There's like a paper cut above her upper lip. Having a low tolerance for pain and scared of blood, she was crying out loud.
"What happened?"
"Please don't get angry at me when I say it OK?"
"OK."
"I played with the one..like this...what is it for?" then she acted out a shaving motion.
Instead of getting concerned, tawa ako nang tawa and that's when her Dada entered the room. She stepped back. Scared kasi guilty in playing with her Dada's things. Sabi ko "Go tell Dada, he will not get angry I promise". So she did. Mas malakas pa tawa sa akin ni Hubby, so we were both laughing while she's crying.

Authored SP articles
Login or Register via PC or mobile to join this discussion!

kalix

• because of YOU!
    • View Profile
to be or not to be...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 05:02:23 pm »

before my son told me na he wanted to be a doctor kasi gusto daw nyang pagalingin ang tito niya (who was a polio victim, disable sya). papalitan daw po niya yung paa :) then, hindi na daw doctor kundi astronaut na kasi gusto daw nyang sumakay ng spaceship. nung sumakay naman kani ng bus gusti din nyang magtinda ng mani. ;D nung nagbakasyon kami sa manila at makita ang mga nagtataasang buildings, gusto naman nyang maging engineer. at ng umuwi ang daddy niya para magbakasyon, gusto din daw nyang mag hehe! ilang araw pa lang nakakalipas nagbago na naman isip niya, gusto daw nyang maging carpenter. kasi gusto nyang mag build ng house.

last month ng ipatsek up namin sya tinanong sya ng pedia niya if nagaaral sya, sumagot sya ng hindi at naglitanya pa ng "ayoko na pong mag skul" (di ko po kasi sya pinapasok ngayon para sa thorough check up niya), biniro naman sya doctor niya "pag di ka nag skul magiging farmer ka na lang pag laki mo, gusto mo ba yun?" mabilis syang sumagot ng "OPO!" "ganon? magiging farmer ka na lang?" inulit ng doctor niya. "ay sige magiiskul na lang po ako, para maging fire fighter po hehe! as of now, yun pa rin gusto niya maging fire fighter/fireman. who knows bukas iba na naman? :D

haaay!nakakatuwang isipin na andaming gusto ng anak natin...pero kung ako? parang gusto ko syang maging sikat na manunulat (his a good story teller & making stories ;)) or magaling na abogado (it can be magaling sa reasoning & sa logic ;)). how i wish mommies... ;D yun kasi frustrations ko. pero di naman pwede yun. hubby ko naman deep inside alam kong gusto nyang malinya si yuan sa basketball as sports lang (basketball player kasi hubby ko),pero soccer naman interes ng anak namin. ;D o kaya maging engineer. (who knows number smart naman po si yuan namin)anyway, 4 palang naman sya magbabago pa yan sabi ko na lang sa hubby hehe! tayong mga parents talaga sometimes di natin maiwasan na ipasa sa anak natin mga frustrations natin, pero in the end sila pa rin dapat masunod, guide na lang tayo. minsan nakakaaliw ang mangarap para sa kanila...

kayo mga mommies? ;D

P.S sabi niya pag lumaki na daw sya magpapatyo sya ng building tapos gagawin daw nyang library para sa mga batang di makabili ng books. natuwa naman po ako(super hilig niya kasi ang magbasa ng books)... ;D
"..there is no greater prayer than that of a MOTHER for her children. These are the purest prayers because of their intense desire and, at times, sense of desperation.

yetsky

• ALWAYS BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://maietsky.multiply.com
Re: to be or not to be...
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 05:16:12 pm »

kakatuwa talagang isipin yung future ng ating mga kids... of what they would be when they grow up... my eldest sun is a wide reader, sobrang hilig nyang magbasa, in a month he always request for any kids magazine, lalo na yung kids zone... he likes yung mga trivia dun... lalo na yung mga topic related to science... he wanted to be a scientists, a researcher, maging biologist o zoologist... nalulula nga ako sa gusto nyang maging paglaki niya...  actually he's really good in reasoning...

jayeshael

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:10:34 am »

ako man sobrang proud ako to have sons like yours... bata palang u know they'll be successful when they grow up :D i can see with yeshie though she's 1yr palang (on 9th :D) she's so active in music and arts. when she saw painting/arts sa tv or yung may music timesegment sa disney channel, she's really focused (don't dare to bother kc d k niya lilingunin talaga ;)) gsto ko talaga i-involve ko sha habang bata to music... gsto ko magaling sha na singer, learns to play piano, drums or any musical instrument... then enrol ko sha next yr sa ballet & swimming lessons (kung puwede na) ;D but then habang lumalaki sha mas mdami pa sha maexplore sa sarili niya, i still let her choose naman what she really wants to pursue. (wish ko lang any course inline with medicine ;))

momyJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:27:55 am »

sis ale yung ballet teacher na friend ko told me na as early as one year pwede na maturuan ng ballet.. ;D excited na nga ako to enroll my daughter next year hehe..ako sobrang dami kong plans gusto ko rin magaling sya kumanta frustration ko kasi yun kaya ngayon pa lang naku everyday music talaga and videoke ng children songs sa nakikita ko na appreciate naman ng daughter ko.. :D, gusto ko rin maging swimmer sya, ballet dancer, violinist or pianist at kung ano2 pa.. ;)..basta ako support ko sya whatever ano gusto niya in the future.. ;) sa ngayon me muna magdecide ng mga activities na ggawin hehe.. ;)

HOTMOM777

• View Profile
KIDS SAY THE DARNEST THINGS :)
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 08:47:50 am »

The other night, after dinner, I've requested the yaya to give my daughter CJ (now 4yrs old) for a spongebath since she needs to be in bed in an hour and we still have to go thru her lessons before going to bed, not to mention our usual bedtime stories both in books and my own stories :)

When she was done, she went into the living room without any shirt or top on since I want to be the one to dress her up (it's the least I can do since my movements are limited due to my pregnancy).  Exactly when she arrived I just opened the tv and seeing me do that she suddenly freaked out and said "NO, NO, MOM close it, close it! Close the TV.....because the people would see me"  :D  Lately then we realized that the people she was referring to are the people on tv  :P

How about you fellow parents?  Got any amusing kids' insights to share?  :)

People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine not when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in.  Their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within - ELISABETH KUBLER - ROSS

HOTMOM777

• View Profile
Re: KIDS SAY THE DARNEST THINGS :)
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 10:07:43 am »

The other day, after eating Goldilocks' palabok, i threw up after an hour or so.  CJ upon seeing me went to the bathroom and threw up, she said "Mom...again?" then talking to my bulging tummy "Baby Harmony,  I told you stop eating na Goldilocks, you see na you keep throwing up".....tsk! :p
People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine not when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in.  Their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within - ELISABETH KUBLER - ROSS

HOTMOM777

• View Profile
Re: KIDS SAY THE DARNEST THINGS :)
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 10:11:30 am »

CJ said goodbye to me when her school service arrived.  Before going out  of the door, she has a few words of encouragement to her sister inside me.  Looking at my tummy with matching hands on the hips she said, "Now listen baby Harmony, I'll got to school for now okay? but I'll  be back.  Don't be scared, Mommy is here with  you naman okay?" ....and off our little "ate" went to school :)

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 10:43:17 pm »

"Mama, I'm a rocketship pilot."

"This is my Alien shield so the aliens will not see me."

"Look Ma, I'm a stylish astronaut."
Spacesuit needs style.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:27:35 pm by Mommyjazz »
Authored SP articles

kalix

• because of YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 11:10:14 am »

it's still raining, while eating my son asked me...
yuan: mommy, rainyday ngayon di ba?
mommy: oo, y?
yuan: ayy... kala ko sunday!
 ;D ;D ;D

"..there is no greater prayer than that of a MOTHER for her children. These are the purest prayers because of their intense desire and, at times, sense of desperation.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 10:48:04 pm »

"Mama, now I know why people die when they stay underwater for too long."
"Why?"
"Because they get cold, then they get sick and they die"

(Ah, kala ko sa lunod.)
Authored SP articles

Mommy Iris

• Entrepremom
    • View Profile
    • Project Happiness Bakehouse
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 01:30:39 am »

Daddy: "Be, pa-plansta please?"
Me: "Ilabas mo na lang"
Yona: "You're going outside? It's already dark!"

duh ::)...na confuse na naman siya

--------------------------------------------
My friend Reich, her daughter Maya and Yona were eating lunch together.

Reich: "Itabi mo lang yung buto ng sitaw Babe" (telling Maya)
Yona: "Wow, you have bones in your veggies?

Naman! ???

--------------------------------------------

And the most popular hehe:

Kara David: "Ito ay dila"
Yona: "No, it's tongue only!"

Pag di ka ba naman naloka sa anak ko  :D

myralmedo

• my super bundle of joy-kurt elijah
    • View Profile
    • ♥live.laugh.love♥
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 12:22:23 pm »

waaaaah... ang saya naman! hehe  ;D

mommyjaz ang kulit ni julia... iba talaga kapag mga ganyang age nagsasabi ng totoo hehe and they really mean it hehe walang bola, lahat trulalu napaka sweet..iba talaga kapag may kiddos. ;) it feels like heaven...heaven! (echos kumanta? hehe)

mommy iris, c yona literal noh? hehe pro cutie pa rin ;)

mommy kalix, may partner ata anak ko parang si yuan din hehe... :D

ako may mga wordings din na nakatuwa galing from my son my son... 2 years old palng pro bulol ciempre  :D (ttranslate ko nalang hehe :p)

-----
rainy topic din like mommy kalix :D
kita ni kurt it's raining outside (pro ambon it's like shower rain)
kurt nasa window and acting his hand na finifeel ang rain/water.
mommy myra/mee-mee: raining baby noh?
kurt: mee... d 'bon 'ly (hindi ambon only :D)

onga naman indi naman malakas ambon nga lang hehe :p

-----
kapag pinapagalitan ko c kurt am not a "palo system" face the wall ko cia, may isang instance am getting a water sa dispenser na spill at natapon ang water. kukuha na ko ng rag pra punasan yung natapon ko.
kurt is lying down sa sofa, biglang tumayo and he told me:
kurt: hala mee..got dada (calling his dada nsa room watching tv) tumayo ang ama at tningnan ako kala kung ano ngyari.
dada: bkit kurt? ano un?
kurt: meemee pon wewer (si mee natapon water)
sabi ko sorry tas nakangiti. ;D
kurt: 'ka mee... (come mee...hila hila ako) ez wo.. (face the wall)
tiningnan ko c dada tas ntwa kami prehas pro nakaface the wall ako haha... :p tas nagsorry ako at hug kay kurt (kaya kapag same din may gnwang ciang ganun he knows what to do ppunta na ng kusa magfface sa wall at magssory.. ciempre forgiven na  agad ang anakis hehe ;))

-----
last nyt lang, he's eating dinner, may plate sa house na may pic ni pooh (it's not his plate) sabi niya sakin kuhain ko daw yung plate ni pooh kala ko dun niya gusto kumain. so binigay ko na yung plate (tntrain na namin to eat by himself, he has his plate, spoon, fork and cup..ang he knows na naman to eat alone)
kurt: cha cha tetet and pooh mee../ eat c kurt and pooh (cha-chat-eat sa chinese term) hinayaan ko lang aba maya2... dun sa plate sinusubuan si pooh.
kurt: wow cha cha pooh ;D... yaan na na fin na pooh..yehey! dedidud tetet :D (ayan wala na parang ubos na food ni pooh finish na cia eat, very good c kurt2 ;D)

nagkakatnginan kami ni mudra kala ko kung ano ggwin ittransfer yung fud niya sa pooh na plate un pala papakainin..hehe bka nagutom din c pooh ;p
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 12:55:37 pm by myralmedo »
|myralmedo| I'm not a Princess. I'm a QUEEN.

Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live. ♥♥♥

3kids and a mommy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 05:05:56 pm »

One Sunday, my eldest son and I went to church without Daddy. We seated at the loft (may taas kasi yung church) kasi yun ang request niya. Pinagbigyan ko na para hindi nakakaistorbo sa ibang churchgoers. Malikot kasi siya kahit sa loob ng church. Pabilog yung church and sa gitna naka-hang yung malaking crucifix.

Joma: Mommy, why was Jesus crucified?
Mom: Because bad people crucified him.
Joma: Bakit hindi sya niligtas ni Spiderman?
Mom: Kasi hindi pa naman buhay si Spiderman noon.
Joma: Hindi buhay na siya noon! Nagawa na sila ni God! Natutulog lang... pati si Batman, Superman and Voltes V.

;D ;D ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23