Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Hair Treatments During Pregnancy  (Read 173250 times)

sabrina

• View Profile
Hair Treatments During Pregnancy
« on: June 05, 2008, 04:50:43 pm »

Basahin sa Smart Parenting:
nail polish, pagpapakulay ng buhok at mga pamahiin sa buntis
Click HERE.

is it okay lang ba that i had my hair colored the other day kasi i didint know i was pregnant until last night?anyone experienced it?is the baby going to be safe?im around three weeks pregnant palang

Naka-relate ka ba? Maging member na para makapagpost ng katanungan o payo dito
Reply to join this discussion.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:23:31 pm by Mommy Jazz »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: Hair Treatments During Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 05:44:01 pm »

I've read a lot on this. Iba-iba ang opinions. There's no proven fact that haircoloring is bad when your pregnant. Sa SP ko pa nabasa yan. Many however opt to put the idea off just to be sure.
I've been coloring my hair at home (since I can't take the fumes in the parlor), even do my own highlight on my 1st and 2nd pregnancy. Ok naman po ang bagbuntis ko.
If you want to play it safe, you can use henna coloring. It's all natural and no harmful scent.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

youngmom

• Macky
    • View Profile
    • youngmom at multiply
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:48:08 pm »

what about kung breastfeeding ka?gusto ko kc pa color ng hair ko. ;D

sabi kc nila,sumasama daw yung chemicals nun pag nagbubutis ka or breastfeeding ka.
please invite me at http://glacia14.multiply.com/

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 09:14:20 am »

I'm sharing this from experiance lang but it's still best to consult your Doctor. I'm still breastfeeding direct, no pumping and my baby is now 14 mos old. I still color my hair w/ highlights at home. While the hair is still curing and if I need to breastfeed, I'd put on a cap and breastfeed with the fan pointed at me para hindi maamoy ng baby yung fumes. When he was younger, mga 5 mos, he's irritated by the fumes kaya doble ang cap ko noon.
Ang na experience ko lang po na nakaapekto sa breastmilk ko is when I drank alcohol for the 1st time in 2 years. My baby tried to latch and after a few suck, bumibitaw siya. I gave the other breast, bumitaw din and started crying. I guess mabilis nag-flavor yung alcohol sa breastmilk. Bad Mama!
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

youngmom

• Macky
    • View Profile
    • youngmom at multiply
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:15:07 pm »

not related on this topic,pero i asked my pedia about it nd she said it's ok to drink if it's a white wine,and after 2 or 4 hours ata mo uminom saka pa breastfeed,though i haven't tried,hormonal na din siguro,nung new year wala ako sa mood uminom ng alcohol kc maya't maya breastfeed. ;D

surfmom

• i love you baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 10:36:09 am »

hi proud moms, i'll share this to you im a soon-to-be momy 3months to go nalang...
when i was almost 1 month preggy i have my lorea'l photo shoot.. as part of my contract. and permanent dyes un, and everything...

when my parents find out i was pregnant my baby was almost 5 months alreay and i had my cellophane treatment a day before they find out. but cellophane wouldn't affect the baby but be sure to tell the stylist that your pregnant. so they would use bio chemicals nor semi permanent dyes.

my angel

cutebaby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:38:08 am »

sabi ng OB ko, bawal daw yong hair coloring when you are preggy, pero on your part sabrina baka puede pa yon kasi early stage pa naman on your pregnancy. Pag yong nasa 2nd trimester yata pataas ang talagang hindi advisable.

jayeshael

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:27:20 am »

in my opinion, just to be safe huh, id rather not expose my baby to chemicals of hair dyes even nail polish kc it can enter to our pores then to the baby.. kaya sobrang ingat ako pagdating sa gnyang bagay. but i read some books too that it's safe naman daw. for me no no nalang tutal just for 9mos ko lang naman titiisin un :D

rebonding for breastfeeding moms? haven't known that this is not safe... but u may also double check wd ur pedia ;)

cheiz

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:54:26 am »

i just want to share this to all pregnant and BF moms. This actually happen to my aunt some 30-40 years ago. While she was pregnant nung nag pa pedicure sya siguro she was 6 months on the way then. her toes wasn't thoroughly cleaned so na infect yung toes niya. the infection wasn't cure and umakyat na sya sa buong katawan niya she died kc her baby died inside her womb. Kaya since then may fear ako regarding any hair treatments and coloring, manicure and pedicure, or anything na pwedeng i absorb ng skin while pregnant.

lizdm

• our little pretty boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 03:25:18 pm »

mahirap i-risk ang health ni baby specially if nasa womb pa sya. i had my hair cut once lang nung preggy  pero early in the morning kami nagpaparlor para wala pang chemicals kasi i believe meron side effect yun sa preggy moms and sa baby. even up to now di pa ulet ako nakakapagpatreat ng hair kasi super matapang ang amoy and matagal magstay sa hair yung gamot and ang fear ko is baka pag carry ko si baby e hawakan, mapunta sa mouth or ma-inhale. nagiingat  lang talaga ako. meron din akong nabasa before na if magaaply ng lotion or any cream sa body if pregnant it has to be natural like VCO kasi it might enter the bloodstream and baka mapunta sa fetus.. anyway, i used to do it once in a while nung preggy ako, ok naman si baby. pero precautions lang po...
"I'm into something that would define the word forever ..."

mommy_sette

• my little erin sophia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 03:34:08 pm »

i just want to share this to all pregnant and BF moms. This actually happen to my aunt some 30-40 years ago. While she was pregnant nung nag pa pedicure sya siguro she was 6 months on the way then. her toes wasn't thoroughly cleaned so na infect yung toes niya. the infection wasn't cure and umakyat na sya sa buong katawan niya she died kc her baby died inside her womb. Kaya since then may fear ako regarding any hair treatments and coloring, manicure and pedicure, or anything na pwedeng i absorb ng skin while pregnant.

sis, kakatakot naman yung kwento mo. balak ko pa naman magpa-pedicure kc haba na ng toenails ko. hirap pa naman ako yumuko kc naiipit ko c baby... :(

cheiz

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 04:53:52 pm »

you can ask your husband to cut your toenails. I'm sure he would understand naman. and it's quite sweet nga di ba. AKo kc i let my husband cut my toenails when i was pregnant. a very endearing sight!  ;)

mommy_sette

• my little erin sophia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 09:48:08 am »

you can ask your husband to cut your toenails. I'm sure he would understand naman. and it's quite sweet nga di ba. AKo kc i let my husband cut my toenails when i was pregnant. a very endearing sight!  ;)

haha! sis, pwede.... ;D ;D ;D

youngmom

• Macky
    • View Profile
    • youngmom at multiply
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 07:36:32 pm »

speaking of pedicure,nagpa pedicure ako nung 8th month ko kc di ko na kaya linisin toes ko hehe.laki na tummy ko.pero around 6-7mos pinagpipilitan ko pa mag bed ma cut lang toenails ko. ;D tapos after one week nag acetone din ako to clear the black cutics kc if ever emergency CS ako(which is nangyari nga),bawal daw ang may kulay ang mga kuko. ;D

momyJ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 11:23:36 pm »

ako mga sis..nung buntis ako every two weeks pamanicure and pedicure kasabay ng mom hehe..at red pa polish ko palagi.. ;)until now na BF ako nagpapa pedicure na lang me hindi na manicure  pero bihira na lang.. ;) ;Dbasta i make sure na before ko hawakan si baby eh wala na yung amoy ng chemicals and malinis hands ko.. ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8