Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Group Activities for Child with Autism  (Read 3501 times)

MyAdie

• View Profile
Group Activities for Child with Autism
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:29:55 pm »

Hi everyone. I have a 5y.o son with autism. He currently goes to kindergarten and undergoes one on one therapy 3x a week. My devpedia has suggested that my son goes to dyad or group therapy sessions, however, his therapy center has no available group session for his age. His therapist suggested that I look for group activities outside, but specifically those that are supervised activities sana so my child can enhance his social skills more. Any suggestions? Preferably sana yung my Sunday classes and near Paranaque. TIA.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: Group Activities for Child with Autism
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:57:26 pm »

I also had difficulty in looking for a dyad session my son can join. I have to wait until there was another child needing a dyad the therapy center can schedule for me.
What you can do is call therapy centers in your place, make a follow-up if needed and ask if they can accommodate your child for a dyad session. That is, if they have a child at their center needing a dyad partner.
For now, you can set a play day with your child's friend or relative close to his age and interest and you have to monitor them yourself applying the method you learned from his therapist.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

winstedt man

• View Profile
    • https://www.winstedt.edu.sg/
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 05:24:37 pm »

Guys, could you post some more research and theory info on this? Asking, because autism causes difficulty in interaction. Don't think I saw 2 autistic ppl willingly interacting with personal significance. But my personal body of experience is rather small...

MrsPractical

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 12:33:38 pm »

My youngest is autistic and has been in therapy since he was 2. Nasa social group na siya ngayon. supervised ng therapist ang activity. Malaki ang difference ng play group sa school at social group na handled ng therapist. 2 therapist lagi. maximum 10 kids na same ang age level or mentally at level with the group. Dapat po may structure ang activity, hindi yun basta palalaruin lang sila. Will post more suggestions next time.

Janelleanne Cruz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 12:03:20 pm »

Still waiting for your dream yaya?

Send your child to PSC Daycare so you don't have to skip work! We are located in UP Village, QC!

Opening hours: 6:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Full-day, half-day and hourly services are available!

Per month is P11,000. Pls see the cost comparison between daycare and nanny.

Cost comparison between Daycare (P11,000 per month) vs. Nanny (est. P12,500 per month
counting monthly salary of P6000,
food expense of P150. per day or 45000 per month and
water and electricity consumption of P2000 per month)

Most of all, your child is being cared for by qualified teachers and trained and compassionate caregivers.

Programs offered:
-Homeschool learning group
-Toddler play group
-Special needs yoga
 -OT
-Language Communication Program
-Social skills
-Music (voice,piano, violin)
-Art
-SPED tutorials
-Homeschool support.

For more information, visit https://perfectsoulcenter.weebly.com/day-care.html