Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: When you thought I wasn't looking  (Read 27407 times)

1sttimemom

• inta hayati inta habibi
    • View Profile
Re: When you thought I wasn't looking
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 04:44:03 pm »

very touching.
You know you're in a good place when you can laugh at something that would have made you mad in the past...:)

mamapeew

• I love my baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 08:44:00 pm »

Thank you for this. I loved it, especially this part:

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come
from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things
hurt, but it's all right to cry.

I know my daughter sometimes see me cry when I think about my mom who recently passed away. She's 3 years old but she always know what to say or do when she sees me sad (even though I try very hard not to show her, mahirap talaga and I also know that she can feel it). She always tell me, "Mommy are you crying? Do you miss grandma? I miss grandma too". Then she gives me a hug.
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~Frederick Douglass

wandergirl_turn_mom

• Live simply.Love generously.Speak kindly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 05:50:12 pm »

This is so inspiring. I am hoping to raise my kids with this kind of outlook in life. As parents, we should teach by example talaga.

ysLim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 11:22:50 am »

i liked it. i'll share it to my friends and coworkers.

CallcenterMom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 06:00:41 pm »

Just want to share naman a story on the point of view of a daughter. 

Last Wednesday, my mother talked to me regarding the condition of my father.  She was so worried about the changes that are happening to my father.

My father, who is now 68 yo is experiencing difficulty in walking, talking, and completing simple tasks. My brother in-law suggested we see a neurologist.  The next day, I accompanied my parents to Makati Med.  The hospital recommended 2 neurologists.  We went to see the first doctor.

Consultation alone is Php 1,500.  Other Neurologists in the hospital charges Php 800 – 1,000.  This doctor must be good, I told myself.  After telling the doctor my father’s complaint and after some diagnosis, the doctor drops THE BOMB.  She said, “I think its PARKINSON.  It’s not full blown but the symptoms are there.  I want to make sure.  I need an MRI to be able to tell you exactly what is happening to your father.”

A Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) cost Php 9,000 in Makati Med. That is too much for a couple who is retired and doesn’t have much income. Now I know why God helped me to get the top bonus for the month of September. He has a reason.  MRI was immediately scheduled for my father that afternoon.  Results will be given the next day.
My mother is not aware what PARKINSON is and how bad it is.  I do not want to tell her. 

My father is a jolly and active person. He is very industrious. He is our all around man.  He can cook, baby sit, plumber, carpenter, mechanic, and others. At his age, he can still do the grocery, marketing and other stuffs. You won’t see him just sitting around doing nothing. Sometimes, my family is getting annoyed because there are times the he will try to fix something that is not broken just so he has something to fix. That is my father.  I love him in spite of his kakulitan. 
I may not be his favorite daughter but I know he loved me more than he loves himself. I know that because I am his daughter.  To see my father slowly deteriorating because of an unknown sickness makes me cry.  Not now, not yet.  I still haven’t given him what I want him to experience.  A plane ride, a long vacation somewhere.  Shallow as it may seem, that is still my dream.  I have taken my parents for a vacation 2 or 3 days in a beach or resort but most of the times, those trips are short.  I will never be who I am now if it wasn’t for him. He and my mom sacrificed a lot just to raise us the best way they can.  He is not a perfect father but he is THE BEST FATHER and I WILL NEVER TRADE HIM FOR ANY OTHER FATHER. 

You can also read my blog.  Hope you like it.

http://intrimididaatribida.blogspot.com/2011/09/once-i-had-father.html
http://intrimididaatribida.blogspot.com/2011/09/god-works-in-mysterious-way.html

nikaygelo

• Motherhood is priced of God, at price no man may d
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 06:20:08 pm »

sobrang touching!!i love it!
I Love you Nikay!![move]

mylittlegabriel

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »

awww...so inspiring and very true..thanks sis gwens mom for sharing...share ko din po sa mga kaibigan ko especially kaming mga new to parenthood...it is indeed true, live by example...very nice... ;)

jem.sexy@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 11:03:50 pm »

whoa!  hit the nail right on the head  :) 
Pages: 1 2 [3]