Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: point/post count / Member Levels  (Read 39289 times)

keih liwanag

• ANNE KEIR.. the HAPPINESS beyond our HAPPINESS!
    • View Profile
    • my multiply
Re: SP POSTS POINTS NASAAN NA...???
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 10:28:19 am »

y'know one thing that i noticed in SP forum as time goes by.. we become so attached to it. yes surely, i myself is a self-confessed SP addict.

we have so many ways to make it better, be a friend to everyone or be a MOD so you can maintain the forum, whichever way it is, we only have one common purpose naman eh, to learn more and gain more. be it learnings or friends.

every time there'll be a not so nice comment, it gets to our nerves. every time there's a nice comment, we genuinely accept it. kase no matter how we deal with each comment, no matter approach we get to deliver a message, we consider each and everyone our friend already. that is the only reason why this is happening. we love SP so much and we love those who compose it.

my suggestion, let's try so hard to continue to be a friend for every one, and you'll see, everything will follow.. the respect, the courtesy, the friendship that you offer, will prosper and later on you'll realize, you've gained many friends already. let this be our guide to a harmonious e-friendship. ;)
Being a mom is deciding forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

jvcav08

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 10:30:36 am »

sis keih!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehhe..musta na??di ako makakasama sa eb market whuaaaaaaaa..pinapauwi ako sa netherlands!kakainis!!! :'(

jvcav08

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 10:32:38 am »

Mod Keih ask ko lang huh??bat ikaw u communicate sa writing din..pero di sarcastic ang dating?? ???

keih liwanag

• View Profile
    • my multiply
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 10:33:59 am »

^ sis jen, ok lang yun. next time nalang. para ka sis sis maya eh, hongkong daw sya. anoveh?! mangingibang bansa kayo kaya ok lang yun. saya kaya nun?! pasalubong ah. ano ba ok sa netherlands? hehe

pero sayang di parin kita mameet. tagal na tayo dapat nagmeet. ;)
Being a mom is deciding forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

tineped

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 10:34:58 am »

Very well said Sis Keih. It just so happen that ilovegabe is the most active MOD, in my observation, thus she appears to be an "enemy". On the brighter side of it, she appears to be an effective MOD due to criticisms received. :)

Let us all be open minded to circumstances. If something got into your nerve, just ignore it. Don't let it ruin your day. There are some other things that are far more important than this. Live a positive life everyday. Smile. Breathe. Relax. :D

jvcav08

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 10:38:46 am »

sis keih known sila sa cheese eh...hehehhe..sige pagnatuloy ako dadalan kita ng cheese pramis..teka kumakain ka ba ng cheese??asawa ko kasi inde eh..hmmmm..ano pa ba known netherlands??
di pwede kasi marijuana..known sila dun eh.. ???

keih liwanag

• View Profile
    • my multiply
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 10:40:27 am »

^ i agree sis tine, sis karen (ilovegabe) is active. buti nalang. kahiya nga sa kanya eh, kase di ako masyado makapag-MOD. daldal ko kase hilig ko lang sumagot hehe. pero am trying narin to do MOD duties, and learn more. minsan pag naka-bump into ko lang yung situation, dun lang ako magremind.

sis jen, wow thank you! hehe joke lang yun. kahiya naman. hala wag mari. hehe

kita mo yan, OT na agad ako. i should warn myself. ;)

MuDrAŽ

• Attitude is a lil thing that makes a big different
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 10:41:28 am »

halahalaa OT kayo  :D
Single by Chance.. Mother by Choice

jvcav08

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 10:45:09 am »

Mods ilovegabe..yup wala kang inisyuhan ng warning...but u warn na mag iisue ka ng warning..kindly revise mga post mo kelan ka natuto sumunod sa rules.. :)
tsaka MOds ilovegabe bakit ganun??si sis keih mods din nagreremind din pero di sarcastic ang dating?just asking lang kasi akala ko ako lang nakapansin nang pagiging sarcastic ng post mo..marami pala kami... ???

MuDrAŽ

• Attitude is a lil thing that makes a big different
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 10:57:09 am »

We need to say this nangsabay-sabay dito

I stand corrected

have a good day
back to work muna ako
Single by Chance.. Mother by Choice

inah4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 11:33:56 am »

sa tingin ko ginagawa lang talaga ng moderators ang kanilang trabaho...

isa lang masasabi ko...

pwede po ba magapply as moderator?  ;D

aian

• happy and contented
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 11:52:02 am »

ako dati sr. member na ako kaso na bago pero okay lang po hehe

keep posting mga mommies... ;D

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."

jvcav08

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 01:36:26 pm »

c'3 sis kurutin kita sa singet dyan hehe...ok lang talaga sau? Pm mu ko hehe....;D

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 02:01:57 pm »

You can send a PM to the Administrator. They will reply by email if they want to invite you to be a moderator. I also gave them my history and what I want to do for the group.

Going back to the topic, the moving of the topics being discussed here is a part of undergoing modifications on this forum. There were only a few boards when this site started thus a great number of topics are concentrated (and still are) at the General Discussions board. It was only last year (if i remember it correct) that more topic boards were added and rules expanded. For a year since this forum spinned-off from the SP e-group, there were very few active moderators that reported topics takes a long time to be fixed. 

The point system came as a package when SMF software was used this is why there are no explanation or instructions from the SP Admin on this, if it has benefits or reward, moral or material and how it should be respected. We do encourage members to make all their posts relevant and helpful too all members.  Newbie or Hero member are of the same importance to us.

There was a time when we were under 50 and there are only 10-20 new members a week. I feared that this forum may not even take off. Now there's never an hour that we are out of users/guests online. The success of this forum is credited to the newbies then who are now Heroes, Seniors and some are content to remain as Newbies and Juniors. I know of a few members, even guests who rarely post but their share had made an impact.

There is more clamour from other members of different status that the point system be applicable to "quality"posts only. Again, we do not have a control over that, What we can control right now is to place topics on the appropriate boards.

More proposals and changes will be made including the Marketplace section and the whole SP site, not just this forum. To speed that up, we need more Moderators. However, you need not be a Moderator to be a great contributor. A simple PM to the Mods will do.

leela

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 07:44:25 pm »

While we understand how important points/ranks are to many members here, please keep in mind that at the end of the day, it will be the quality of your posts that will count. You can be a Hero member but SP members may not value your sharing when all you do is post one-liners or just keep posting in the for sale sections. You may also be a Newbie with very few points but if your posts are sensible, SP members will respect and value you just the same.

Sure, anyone can argue that the reason why many of us are here is because we post insightful and sensible sharing. We don't question that. Unfortunately, the software of the board is not built to judge which are quality posts and which are not. This is why we encourage everyone to be focused on the quality and not the number.

With regards to transfer of many threads from General Discussion to Welcome Aboard, this is one way of organizing the board. Since its relaunch, SP is constantly improving the site thus there is a need to organize, merge, or delete posts. All our posts will definitely be affected but again, let's not be focused on the points and rank.

Let me cite an example. Person A receives hundreds of Christmas cards while Person B only receives a dozen. If you read the Christmas cards of Person A, you'll find that the cards she has received are from merchants/store owners where she has done a lot of shopping. If you read the cards of Person B, all of them comes from friends and people whose lives she touched. Who do we think is more appreciated in this scenario?  :)

Also part of the improvement is adding more moderators to help out in the boards. I recommended a couple of SP members to the SP editorial team. No, I don't know them personally. I have never met them personally. My basis for recommending them was because 1) they are active members here, 2) they are respected by the community, 3) they have a strong desire to help the community grow, and 4) they are stickler for rules. Sure, they probably had their share of violations before but we don't require the moderators to be perfect.

With regards to the warning...Warnings are just reminders for members to follow the board rules. And please keep in mind that we issue warnings not because we just like to issue warnings. We issue warnings because there are other members who were bothered by violations.

Like ilovegabe said, moderators have day jobs and we can't be online all the time. If you see us posting warnings, it's because we are responding to the posts reported by concerned members. And these reports range from simple text-speak violations (which are still committed by a lot of members) to the more serious ones like posting hostile comments.

We are very thankful to members who take the time out to report violations, even something as text-speak. Reports like these make our lives easier and help the community a lot. We are equally thankful to members who observe the rules because they make the community a better one. They also serve as great role models for other members.

Mods are not paid to do this job but we do it out of sheer love for the community. As moderators, we need to be objective at all times. Even when some members are hostile with us, we still need to keep our cool.

To jvcav08's question na may takutan dito sa SP pag may kumalaban sa comments, we issue warnings because members reported it. There were members who were bothered with the comments. Hindi kami mag-iissue ng warning dahil trip lang namin.

Finally, moderators are your allies and not enemies. When some members here were harassed and rumors were spread about them, it was the moderators who stepped in and stopped it. Just a couple of weeks back, somebody was harassing another member, posting defamatory comments against her, it was also the mods who recommended that the harasser be banned.

At the end of the day, members and mods should work together to make the community a great one. So let's just focus on how to improve the site better.

Parting words lang. jvcav08, please refrain from posting in text-speak. ilovegabe, yup, medyo OT ka na. :) Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6