Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: I am becoming a different person. It's been a year already since I gave birth  (Read 3037 times)

mommy monster

• View Profile

it's been a year since i gave birth to my first child..everything is normal except for one thing- ME. I notice a big difference with myself as I go on with my new life. After giving birth, I remember crying at night for no reason..I feel like Im alone..doing everything (although I know my husband is trying his best to help me) but I feel like its not good enough. I feel the urge to always clean the house, fix everything, cook, wash the dishes, and a lot more. I though it was just normal. Im a first time mom after all..but then lately I feel like I am becoming a different person..i tend to get angry easily. One time I yelled and I just feel like I want to throw all my anger away. I barely have time to be sweet or touch my husband. "I love you's" has become so.....plain... I dont even want him touching me or even hugging me. I feel irritated or rather annoyed. I know he wants to have sex at times but most of the time I dont want to..and it's affecting our relationship. Everytime he wanted to just hug me I feel like he wants to have sex and it's annoying me. I dont want any physical attachments and I can't really explain why. I feel like Im pushing him away which I dont mean to happen. Sometimes I just get mad at him if he's not doing anything in the house and I dont feel good anymore. I wasn't like this before.. I used to be a sweet, caring, loving kind of woman. Now I dont understand why I feel this way. I dont wanna think that I am suffering from this so called "post partum" coz it's been a year already since I gave birth. Has anyone felt the same thing? i badly need some opinions or advice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:50:22 pm by Mommyjazz »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: I BADLY NEED help..
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:25:29 pm »

Here are Smart Parenting articles that can help you understand what you're going through.

Postpartum Depression or the Baby Blues? Know How To Tell The Difference
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/postpartum-depression-or-the-baby-blues-know-how-to-tell-the-difference?ref=site_search

The 9 Warning Signs of Postpartum Depression
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/5-signs-it-s-not-just-baby-blues-learn-about-postpartum-depression?ref=site_search

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:26:17 pm by Mommyjazz »
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

Shainne Hostalero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 10:15:18 am »

it's been a year since i gave birth to my first child..everything is normal except for one thing- ME. I notice a big difference with myself as I go on with my new life. After giving birth, I remember crying at night for no reason..I feel like Im alone..doing everything (although I know my husband is trying his best to help me) but I feel like its not good enough. I feel the urge to always clean the house, fix everything, cook, wash the dishes, and a lot more. I though it was just normal. Im a first time mom after all..but then lately I feel like I am becoming a different person..i tend to get angry easily. One time I yelled and I just feel like I want to throw all my anger away. I barely have time to be sweet or touch my husband. "I love you's" has become so.....plain... I dont even want him touching me or even hugging me. I feel irritated or rather annoyed. I know he wants to have sex at times but most of the time I dont want to..and it's affecting our relationship. Everytime he wanted to just hug me I feel like he wants to have sex and it's annoying me. I dont want any physical attachments and I can't really explain why. I feel like Im pushing him away which I dont mean to happen. Sometimes I just get mad at him if he's not doing anything in the house and I dont feel good anymore. I wasn't like this before.. I used to be a sweet, caring, loving kind of woman. Now I dont understand why I feel this way. I dont wanna think that I am suffering from this so called "post partum" coz it's been a year already since I gave birth. Has anyone felt the same thing? i badly need some opinions or advice.

Hi @mommymonster!

I'm currently pregnant for 15 weeks now and I have a step son who is turning 10. I, too, feel the same as your, though I didn't deliver yet the baby. But what I think triggers is that I'm a stepmother to my partner's kid. It's kind of complicated but I knew it from the start so I think I should not feel the way I'm feeling now but I can't. I'm not happy at home anymore and I don't feel like I'm needed. I guess we're pressured to give our best and to make everything right and no matter how we open it up, no one seems to understand it. At first, I thought that I'm just experiencing pregnancy blues because this is my first pregnancy. I'm not the woman I am before everything. Like you, I used to be happy, sweet and caring. But now, I always wake up and sleep sad. What I think we should do is support each other and just open up whatever we are feeling. Feel free to leave all your concerns, because that's what we need - someone who will listen and understand.

Christian Vincent Escoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:34:04 pm »

Hi! Just want to share that my wife is currently experiencing exactly the same, its like im reading her own words. Napaka irritable niya and ayaw niya talaga ng na manlambing ako, even hugs and kisses ayaw niya. And napakahirapas a husband. I really feel like im being pushed away. She even gave me consent to find another woman to fulfill my needs. God its so wrong and i dont want to riun our relationship, she was never like this when before. And mahirap kasi i work abroad for months at a time. I've read many articles on how to give her support but i think what we need is professional psychiatric advise/therapy. Does anybody know where to go for this? yung nasubukan nyo na po. Thanks! Its great to know we're not the only couple experiencing this.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:50:23 pm »

OB Gynecologists are aware of this and can recommend a psychologist who can help. Ask your doctor.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.