Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Applied Behaviour Analysis vs Occupational Therapy  (Read 4941 times)

mamahershey

• View Profile
Applied Behaviour Analysis vs Occupational Therapy
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:09:04 am »

Hi Mommies,

I would like to know what is the difference between ABA (applied bahaviour analysis) and OT (occupational theraphy)? Our devped advice that my son be under go OT, problem is i could not find a suitable schedule for my sons OT.  Since i have been reading and researching the net, I found a group that is conducting ABA, can ABA replace OT? or both should be working hand in hand for the childs welfare?   Hope to hear from mommied out there. thanks!

zia_slp

• View Profile
Re: Applied Behaviour Analysis vs Occupational Therapy
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 07:16:40 am »

Hi Mommies,

I would like to know what is the difference between ABA (applied bahaviour analysis) and OT (occupational theraphy)? Our devped advice that my son be under go OT, problem is i could not find a suitable schedule for my sons OT.  Since i have been reading and researching the net, I found a group that is conducting ABA, can ABA replace OT? or both should be working hand in hand for the childs welfare?   Hope to hear from mommied out there. thanks!

OT and ABA have different approaches. Ang ABA kasi cookbook ang approach, by the book and OT individualizes their program depending on the child's need.
OTs are trained for 4-5 years (college) while ABAs undergone a seminar and gets certified. If you live near Sampaloc area you could try NEST Manila, 09255164308. I think they have available OT slots.

asher solomon

• View Profile
    • http://ashersolomon.sg/
Re: Applied Behaviour Analysis vs Occupational Therapy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:23:41 pm »

Hello
interesting - someone would share please some research on this topic?