Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: my 2yr3mos daughter can actually read! what mommy should do now??  (Read 729 times)

• View Profile
my 2yr3mos daughter can actually read! what mommy should do now??
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:40:35 am »

at exactly 2yo i've lost count of how many words she has memorized "reading"... mostly words she picked up from the books we read.
this past few days i noticed that she's actually beginning to sound each letter (mostly the first few letters). Then yesterday, I tried showing her new words (not in her books..or anywhere she has seen before) and she actually read them  :o -- 2 to 3 letter words with basic phonetic letters.
I feel this is exceptional but I'm not so sure as she is my only child. She is not yet schooling but she's really into books and learning. so I guess I'm asking for recommendation on what I can do for her. Is there a sort of baby class I can enroll her at this point?? any fun activities that can help her reach her potential?? if she is exceptional should I get her assessed or something??? thank you and sorry this is so long.

Read it on Smart Parenting.
Shamcey Supsup's Daughter Nyke Can Read, Subtract At Only Two Years Old!

Click this link:
https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/life/news/shamcey-supsup-shows-off-daughter-nyke-s-new-milestone-reading-a00041-20181207-lfrm?ref=parentchat

Get a chance to be invited to exclusive events or grab limited freebies from Smart Parenting and partner brands! Login to reply to this topic or share your tips in this forum. Invites are sent via email to selected forum members so be an active Parent Chatter!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:58:39 pm by Mommy Jazz »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: my 2yr3mos daughter can actually read! what mommy should do now??
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 10:46:16 am »

You can enroll her in a play school to develop her reading and social skills. Check play schools in your area if they accept 2yo kids. We enrolled my son in a play school, nursery level 1 when he was 2 yrs 6 mos. They do not necessarily follow the school calendar curriculum so you can enroll her anytime.

LizPeB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 07:41:42 pm »

You could get her Sesame Street DVDs  :D They have a wide selection of teaching kids how to read, it's fun and entertaining.

Adie Del Rosario

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 10:36:11 pm »

wow, that's impressive.
maybe you can already start teaching her how to write her name or draw shapes... :)

Carmen dela Rama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 11:12:55 pm »

Hi mommy! You can maybe facilitate the reading but also be careful cos maybe your child will be hyperlexic. It's not always good to have advanced skills, experts say :)