Parent Chat

• February 23, 2019, 01:03:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

"Ang payo ko ay..."
Let other parents learn from you. Join Parent Chat discussions and get membership perks from Smart Parenting.

Author Topic: Teenager making excuses to be with boyfriend  (Read 118 times)

Annalyn Mertalla

• View Profile
Teenager making excuses to be with boyfriend
« on: February 12, 2019, 12:10:42 am »

Hi everyone, hope somebody can help me with my prob with my daughter. She is 16 yrs old and had an experience sexual harassment with step dad. Although they already have patched things up but recently she makes up stories that her step dad again harasses her and videos it. When i talked to my husband, he tells me, my daughter would be sweet with him and he is aware that he is being videoed. But he does it because he treats my daughter as a baby still. My parents and her siblings also says that she is weird on how she tells things to me but the truth is otherwise. Now, she makes a big deal of not going home and stays in her boyfriend's house with his family. I told her if we can talk things over and go home so we can deal with it. My sister who is living with my tried to convince her by messaging her to go home. She said she would but is making a lot of excuses not to. Then, she wrongly sent a video of her and his boyfriend torridly kissing. I dont know what to do anymore. My heart says that she is making excuses just to be with her boyfriend. I dont know what to do.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: Teenager making excuses to be with boyfriend
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 03:37:26 pm »

Hello Annalyn and welcome to Parent Chat. Maybe your daughter has not fully recovered from the sexual abuse/harassment? Have you considered seeing a counselor as a family?. A counselor can better lay out what the problem is, is skilled and professional in handling case like yours.
Your daughter is also at the age when she  enjoys exploring worlds outside the family. If she's happy at home, she would not search for fulfillment elsewhere (just my opinion). If you allow her to have a boyfriend, he can make "dalaw" naman at home where he will be respected and he'll develop respect din for you as her parents.
Ang daming issues that needs to be addressed. So better get help from a counselor. Try CEFAM or Center for Family Ministries.  http://www.cefam.ph/

I hope other readers can share their thoughts and recommendation. Thanks for sharing and hope to read more posts from you soon.
Authored SP articles
Login or Register via PC or mobile to join this discussion!