Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to explain about kissing and sexy scenes?  (Read 13310 times)

Bry♥Shey

• I ♥ My Wifey Shiela, Aliesh & Aera
    • View Profile
Re: How to explain about kissing and sexy scenes?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 06:37:16 am »

My daughter (6 y/o) covers her eyes during kissing or s*x scenes. we told her that its not for the kids and its bad for her. kaya yan ang ginagawa niya.

Although I haven't explained in detail why its bad for her.. nakakatakot din mag explain ng todo todo kasi...

Golda_Magsaysay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 03:00:27 pm »

don't cover her eyes. that will just make her more curious, at alam mo naman na pag bawal mas nacucurious ang bata. what you can do is wait for your daughter to ask you questions. just answer her honestly. don't lie about why people kiss. the more you cover up the truth about love and sex the more na madidistort ang idea niya ng mga iyun at  pagtanda niya who knows kung anong klaseng outlook na yung meron sya.

Reply para makapagpost ng katanungan, payo o kwento.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:07:03 pm by Parentchat Admin »

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 09:29:48 pm »

If you’re worried about how to introduce to your child the concept of intimacy, here are some helpful things to keep in mind.
How should I handle it when my child asks about kissing scenes and sexy scenes on TV?

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/kids/big-kids/q-a-how-should-i-handle-it-when-my-child-asks-about-kissing-scenes-and-sexy-scenes-on-tv

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 05:52:06 pm »

Kissing and sexy scenes...are easier for us than our daughter's latest question (How does the sperm get inside to meet the egg)

We have not been watching anything violent, or something with kissing or sexy scenes...particularly during the early times when our daughter was growing up.

So when she was older, and was gradually exposed to such content, she disliked depictions of violence, kissing or sex.  She'd be disgusted and sometimes turns off the TV or changes the channel.

She's been seeing mom and dad kissing, embracing and being intimate (sometimes).  Maybe this was why once, she expressed how she dislikes actors and actresses kissing because she believes that this should only be with married people.

She's turning 10 years old this January.  We'll soon be answering her more recent questions.  Maybe its the best time.  She's in that phase where kids are normally grossed out by nudity and that kinda stuff:

I believe we, as parents, should be the ones to teach our child about relationships, marriage, intimacy and sexuality.  I got this excellent workbook, "Sex-Talk With Kids & Teens".  I don't have enough time to share the contents here.  Here, below, is a sample outline:

Stages of Psycho-Sexual Development
Stage I: Child's Sexual Behavior

Phase 1: Sexual Unawareness (Ages 1-2)
Phase 2: Sexual Awakening (Ages 3 to7) <--this is their "sillyness stage"
Phase 3: Sexual Surreptitiousness (Ages 8-10) <-- their "yuck" stage

Stage II: Adolescent Sexuality

Phase I: Sexual Fantasy (Ages 11-13)

Source:
| Sex Talk with Kids and Teens: A Manual on Training Parents as Educators on the Truth and Meaning of Human Sexuality.
Edited by Marlon Castillo Ramirez. Developed by. Angelita Miguel-Aguirre, MD; Edna Garayblas-Monzon, MD, Fr. Gregory D. Gaston, STD, MA: Orestes P. Monzon, MD; Ianessa V. Ang-Ramirez, MD; Sr. Marisa Rebosura, RVM; Bishop Jesus Y. Varela, STD, JCD, DD.

We must be careful with the sources that we will use to teach our child.  Some are cultural specific and profit oriented or are commercially driven...intending to make money by later endorsing hormonal therapy, contraceptives, condoms and other products.   I suggest getting materials from sources that promote marriage, family and life...like church-based organizations.

Here's another excellent source of information for human sexuality

YouTube Video Series:  Freedom to Love: Theology of the Body - presented by Christopher West
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCEABFBAE2976D584

In this video series, I realized that we were created by God as a "half" and our passion, our sexuality is meant for a stage that comes later in our life...when we finally marry and become whole with that one person whom we'll share the rest of our lifetime with.

Freedon to Love: Applying the Theology of the Body to Life and Relationships
Drawing on Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body, author and speaker Christopher West shares God's original plan for marriage and sexuality and how an understanding of this plan gives us the freedom to love.  The Theology of the Body has been called  one of the boldest reconfiguration of Catholic theology in centuries,  according to George Weigel, the pope's offical biographer. It addresses some of the most fundamental and important questions of human existence, including:
      Why were we created male and female?
      Where do we com from and why?
      What is the meaning of life? How do we experience it?
      Why is there evil in the world and how do we overcome it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christopher West is recongnized around the glode for his work promoting an integral, biblical vision of human life, love, and sexuality. He server as a research fellow and faculty member of the Theology of the Body Institute near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has alo lectured on a number of other prestigious faculties, offering graduate and undergraduate courses at St John Vianney Seminary in Denver, the John Paul II Institute in Melbourne, Australia, and the Institute for Priestly Formation at Creighton University in Omaha.

Christopher is the best-selling author of four books and one of the most sought after speakers in the church today. He and his wife, Wendy, live with their four children near Lancaster, Pennsylvania. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:50:45 pm by Daddy Jojo »

Parentchat Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sali na sa mga usaping pang magulang dito sa Parent Chat. Sign in to Smart Parenting.
Pages: 1 [2]