Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Are bedtime stories are for the education of kids?

Yes stories helps kid to learn new things.
- 0 (0%)
No stories are not much effective.
- 0 (0%)
Stories are just entertainment,
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: What books do you read to your babies/children before putting them to sleep?  (Read 43473 times)

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

chinadoll

• "I believe in the faith that grows..."
    • View Profile

My son loves reading..he does this ifrst thing when he wakes up. He loves reading the Bible too :)

eowyn

• I so love being a mom!
    • View Profile

I read various books to my son before he sleeps. Mostly by Filipino authors because I want him to appreciate our culture's creativity. He loves "Araw sa Palengke," "Pilong Patagu-tago," "Ang Mabait na Kalabaw," and "Ching na Takot sa  Dilim." He also has faves from foreign authors like "Jack and the Beanstalk" (it's the fee-fi-fo-fum giant's sound), "Rumpelstiltskin," and "Gingerbreadman."

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Book review on Colourful Cars (A little book of colors!)

click image

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Bedtime storytelling is not only for putting kids to sleep; it enhances your children’s creativity and widens their imagination as well.
here are the other great benefits that bedtime story telling provides
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/preschooler/education/bound-to-bond-the-important-role-of-bedtime-stories-on-kids

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

The book, On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
That for every baby born into this world, all of God’s creation rejoices such as the moon and the stars, the wind and the trees, and even the “polar bears danced till dawn…” 
click image to read a review on this book

The “-ber” months are already here and next thing you know, Christmas will just be around the corner.

Young children who believe in the idea of Santa Claus will truly appreciate this story about his sleigh, his 8 reindeer, how he climbs down into chimneys and fills each stocking with gifts. It also gives a detailed description of how he looks, exactly how we all have grown to imagine him.

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/mom-dad/parent-rated/book-review-the-night-before-christmas
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:52:02 am by toughmom »

Shanelle™

• i could not ask for more...
    • View Profile

I read this to my baby....

she is especially amazed to the grandma saying "husssssshh"

:)

Anika Gabrielle will be turning 3. How time flies so fast! She's already a big, big girl.

mommyJQ

Until now, I'm reading Disney stories / Fairytale before Jodee sleeps :)

clytie_27

• View Profile

i started to reading books to my baby before pa siya mag-1 year old.. parang mga 5 months palang ata. kea maaga cyang naging familiar sa mga ABC etc.. (Thanks to brainy baby).. tas before siya mag-2 dun lang ako nagstart magread ng BIBLE na kiddie version hihi

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms

The book has a blanket, which is actually a hanky, so your child can "tuck in" the characters in the book.

my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

iamkiara

• im wiser now :)
    • View Profile

before Guess How Much I Love You, Goodnight Moon and Bible story book. kaya lang ngayon ayaw na niya makinig :( mas gusto niya panuorin yung movie ni winnied the Pooh.

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom

--> sis bili ka nung winnie the pooh book, meron nun sa bookstores. baka maaliw si ethan sa pictures. ganito yung kay meg about christmas, nagustuhan niya.

iamkiara

• im wiser now :)
    • View Profile

^ sis san ko mabibili yan? fully booked meron ba?
sige sis hanapin ko yan.. thanks a bunch  ;)

insensitive

• i didn't know i was capable of feeling so much...
    • View Profile

kami naman nagdownload ng istorybooks sa android apps, yun na ngayon lagi namin binabasa..
before bedtime ito kinukwento ko sa kanya:

*the three little pigs
*hansel and gretel
*little red riding hood

may wolf kasi at witch haha,.pag matatapos na natatakot sya, ayun matutulog na. pero paulit ulit pa rin siya nagpapakwento :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5