Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Are bedtime stories are for the education of kids?

Yes stories helps kid to learn new things.
- 0 (0%)
No stories are not much effective.
- 0 (0%)
Stories are just entertainment,
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What books do you read to your babies/children before putting them to sleep?  (Read 43373 times)

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom

--> @iamkiara: di ko alam sis if this exact story. gift lang kasi kay meg yan. pero madami ako nakita sa natl na winnie the pooh books, meron din siguro sa fully booked niyan sis kahit anong winnie the pooh.

eto din isa sa latest favorite ng daughter ko.

--> @insensitive: gusto din ni meg yang little red riding hood. binili ko lang sa booksale. :)

ondi

• I know how to do anything because I am a mother.
    • View Profile

any children's books actually. mostly story books. even picture books will do. kahit nga yun mga catalog ng toy kingdom at toys r us. i just describe the pictures to my son - the color, the size, etc. it broadens his vocabulary specifically adjectives. I like it best when he stays in the corner and reads his book on his own. I got some quiet time for myself too. I'm so happy that i raised a book lover  :)

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms

Aside from the Sleep Tight book I posted, here are the other two books I read to my son before bedtime.

1 to 10 Disney Babies & I Love You This Much. To see what they are about before buying, go here: http://goo.gl/kJgvQ
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

lai_lanzaderas

• work-at-home mom in lipa city
    • View Profile

curious george

for some reason, my daughter asks me to read to her every night
starting on the exact same day i posted that we don't have reading routine
and that she seems to like music more than books.  ???

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms

Aside from "Sleep tight" by Child's Play, here are two other books that I used to read to my toddler: http://goo.gl/f7B7z
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com

lai_lanzaderas

• work-at-home mom in lipa city
    • View Profile

My daughter's current favorites are Dr. Seuss' "The Cat in The Hat" and "Green Eggs and Ham."

nikki0430

• View Profile

I read this to my baby....

she is especially amazed to the grandma saying "husssssshh"

:)

I also read this to my 7 mo old baby. But all she does is chew the corners.  ;D

lovecrislyn

Goodnight Moon din kami. My daughter likes the part - Goodnight comb, goodnight brush, goodnight nobody!...hehe. We also read Si pagong at si matsing (yung may ending na naging friends sila), Little Red Riding Hood, Pooh's Thinking Spot, My First Fables, Three Little Kittens, and Smart parenting mag august issues (birthday cakes). Mga mommy, pag below 9months pa si baby, mas advisable yung mga board books na iba-ibang faces ng baby per page, iba-ibang race or facial expression. Tas describe mo faces kay baby, color ng eyes ganun.. Mas nakakacatch ng attention niya. Marami nito sa mga booksale.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:17:33 am by lovecrislyn »

nikki0430

• View Profile

True sis! Also, i think animals din kasi One time we were at a store waiting and sat on the sofa, there were some board books with large pictures of animals. I read to her and she was looking at it like she was really interested! :) so I got her board books of animals and action words showing pictures of kids dancing, singing etc. I saw nga at fullybooked yung iba't-ibang faces ng baby. Sayang I should've bought it!

mich_tatsdwayne

• View Profile

Any childrens' book pwede sa anak ko. Basta I choose books na age appropriate (he's 4 years old now). Gusto niya 'yung maraming pictures tapos 'yung hindi masyadong mahaba 'yung sentences or paragraphs. Aside from the books na meron na sya, we also borrow books sa Public Library (he has a library card na) and I let him choose kung anong books gusto niya.  Meron syang hiniram before ang title is Cat and Mouse by Ian Schoenher at na-memorize niya 'yun book na 'yun. We borrowed again at ito naman binabasa ko sa kanya gabi-gabi: The Little Train That Could, In the Night Garden. . .Stories for Bedtime and Sesame Street's Big Enough for a Bed. As in 3 books every night ang gusto niya.

He's always excited 'pag mag-read na 'ko ng story sa kanya. It's our favorite bonding moment kahit kami palagi ang magkasama dito sa bahay.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

10 Literary Classics for your Kids

These books deserve some shelf space in your kids’ library.

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/homebase/-10-literary-classics-for-your-kids/page/1

My daughter enjoyed the video. Now I'm eyeing on this book for her book report.

trishevil

• View Profile

When my baby was 6 months old, I read "In the Jungle" to him. He loves it so much because of the colorful images and the googly eyes. he behaves everytime I read this book to him. Unfortunately, he tore this book apart (to think that this is a cardboard book).

Now that he's 1 year old, I bought him another set of Cardboard books - an illustrated Alphabet Book and Old Mcdonald. He loves looking at the pictures in the Alphabet books and he associates it with everything he sees (e.g. he saw a balloon on the Letter B page and he said, "bo" (balloon or ball) and then pointed at the Balloon in our room then at the balloon in the book.) When I sing Old Mcdonald to him, he says "quack quack" in response (referring to the duck part).

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting

Naintriga ako with this book. I've read many inspirational story of how these tycoons (Lucio Tan, Henry Sy, Gokongwei) started as poor fellows.
I'm gonna check out this book.

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/news/life-story-of-john-gokongwei-jr-revealed-via-a-children-s-book

momchronicles

• seafarer's wife, full time mom, part time blogger
    • View Profile
    • momchronicles.com

Hi fellow moms!

I started buying board books for my son when he was about 6 months old.  I wrote about three simple ways to encourage learning, especially reading, in your child at my blog site http://www.momchronicles.com/three-simple-ways-to-encourage-learning-in-your-child

Hope you'll visit the link and you'll find some helpful tips in there. 

God bless us mommies!

iamkiara

• im wiser now :)
    • View Profile

Ngayon gusto na ng anak ko magbasa kame ng book bago magsleep, hindi na laptop kagaya dati. bago matulog kukunin niya yung book tapos sasabihin niya "mommy let's read" kaya lang isang book lang ang gusto niya na basahin namin "GUESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU"... 2x to 5x a night.. nakakatawa lang kasi pagka the end, sasabihin niya "more". sana sa susunod ibang book naman ang ipabasa niya.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5