Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: easier way to let your kids take their medicines and vitamins  (Read 129723 times)

chinadoll

• "I believe in the faith that grows..."
    • View Profile
Re: Ayaw uminom ng vitamins
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2011, 09:08:10 am »

Tips for Giving Kids Vitamins

Once your doctor has told you that you need to give your child a daily multi-vitamin the next challenge becomes getting your child to actually take the multi-vitamin everyday. Ideally you want to make it a habit for the child to take a vitamin every day so that he or she will always remember even if you forget. Also, itís a good habit to have. So here are some tips that you can use to get your child in the habit of taking a multi-vitamin everyday:

Give the vitamin at the same time everyday Ė It doesnít matter if itís first thing in the morning, after dinner, or just before bedtime. Make sure that you consistently give your child a vitamin at the same time everyday. Eventually getting that vitamin will be part of the childís routine, like washing their face or brushing their teeth.

Keep the vitamins in one spot Ė This can get tricky because you should keep the vitamins in a spot where the child canít easily get them so that the child doesnít eat more than one vitamin a day but you also should set up a routine by keeping them in a familiar spot. As the child gets older the child can start to get his or her own vitamin from that one particular spot everyday.

Use a daily medication holder Ė A fun way to remind kids to take their vitamin everyday is to put one vitamin in each slot of a daily medication holder. The child may not be able to read the days of the week on the holder but will know to open the compartment and take one vitamin each day. You can buy these at any drug store.

For small children crush up a vitamin tablet and put it in some juice or use a liquid vitamin because a pill might be too hard or too scary for them to swallow. If you are going to use liquid vitamins donít keep them in the refrigerator for more than a week. Buy a new bottle each week because they donít keep very well.
Use chewable vitamins and make them seem like a treat. Buy chewable vitamins in fun shapes and colors, or ones that have great flavors, or ones that are shaped like lollipops. Kids love treats, and they will love taking vitamins if they think the vitamins are treats.

Just a word of caution though Ė if you use this approach make sure you put the vitamins out of reach after you give them so the kids arenít tempted to eat more than one. When giving your child a vitamin tablet that seems very large or if the child doesnít want to swallow the tablet and you canít crush it up try giving the tablet in a teaspoon of honey. The sweet taste and gooey texture will make it easier for the child to swallow and less scary.

Giving kids vitamins takes some practice. Every child is different so you might have to experiment to find out which method of giving vitamins works the best in your household. The most important thing to remember is to start a routine and get the kids in the habit of taking that vitamin everyday. Thatís a habit that they could take with them through their whole life and it could help them stay healthy and strong throughout their lives.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/supplements-and-vitamins-articles/tips-for-giving-kids-vitamins-639667.html#ixzz1LWn4PZlz

mich_tatsdwayne

• View Profile
Re: Ayaw uminom ng vitamins
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2011, 01:01:58 pm »

^ Agree ako sa syringe sa pagpapainom ng gamot sa bata. Di naman mahirap painumin ng vits son ko kasi he likes the taste of growee and ceelin. Pero pag may sakit sya (cough and flu) ang hirap niya painumin ng meds kaya syringe ginagamit ko. Effective naman.

mommy irene

• A loving wife and mom ...
    • View Profile
Re: best vitamins for baby na for 4 months..
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2011, 01:04:48 pm »

when my baby is still at 4mos (11 months na siya ngayon), E-Zinc yung bigay ng pedia ko.. then i add Ceelin.. now Ceelin na lang ang vits niya.. sooner, ill switched to Ped Zinc + C na.. after he turns a year old next month..

Better ask muna your pedia para sure ka, then after a month or two, maybe puwede ka na din decide kung ano yung supplement/ vits na gusto mo for baby..

chinadoll

• "I believe in the faith that grows..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2011, 12:50:31 pm »

Once your doctor has told you that you need to give your child a daily multi-vitamin the next challenge becomes getting your child to actually take the multi-vitamin everyday. Ideally you want to make it a habit for the child to take a vitamin every day so that he or she will always remember even if you forget. Also, itís a good habit to have. So here are some tips that you can use to get your child in the habit of taking a multi-vitamin everyday:

Give the vitamin at the same time everyday Ė It doesnít matter if itís first thing in the morning, after dinner, or just before bedtime. Make sure that you consistently give your child a vitamin at the same time everyday. Eventually getting that vitamin will be part of the childís routine, like washing their face or brushing their teeth.

Keep the vitamins in one spot Ė This can get tricky because you should keep the vitamins in a spot where the child canít easily get them so that the child doesnít eat more than one vitamin a day but you also should set up a routine by keeping them in a familiar spot. As the child gets older the child can start to get his or her own vitamin from that one particular spot everyday.

Use a daily medication holder Ė A fun way to remind kids to take their vitamin everyday is to put one vitamin in each slot of a daily medication holder. The child may not be able to read the days of the week on the holder but will know to open the compartment and take one vitamin each day. You can buy these at any drug store.

For small children crush up a vitamin tablet and put it in some juice or use a liquid vitamin because a pill might be too hard or too scary for them to swallow. If you are going to use liquid vitamins donít keep them in the refrigerator for more than a week. Buy a new bottle each week because they donít keep very well.

Use chewable vitamins and make them seem like a treat. Buy chewable vitamins in fun shapes and colors, or ones that have great flavors, or ones that are shaped like lollipops. Kids love treats, and they will love taking vitamins if they think the vitamins are treats.

Just a word of caution though Ė if you use this approach make sure you put the vitamins out of reach after you give them so the kids arenít tempted to eat more than one. When giving your child a vitamin tablet that seems very large or if the child doesnít want to swallow the tablet and you canít crush it up try giving the tablet in a teaspoon of honey. The sweet taste and gooey texture will make it easier for the child to swallow and less scary.

Giving kids vitamins takes some practice. Every child is different so you might have to experiment to find out which method of giving vitamins works the best in your household. The most important thing to remember is to start a routine and get the kids in the habit of taking that vitamin everyday. Thatís a habit that they could take with them through their whole life and it could help them stay healthy and strong throughout their lives.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/supplements-and-vitamins-articles/tips-for-giving-kids-vitamins-639667.html#ixzz1LWn4PZlz

kaydet

• View Profile
    • My Advocacy
Re: easier way to let your babies take their medicines
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2011, 12:53:48 pm »

My 2-year-old son won't take any medicine at all!
Sobrang lakas pa niya kahit hawak-hawak namin.
Kahit na nasa bibig na niya ginagamitan niya ng tongue niya para iluwa lahat.
PLease help!
"You have not lived until you have done something
for someone who can never repay you". - Anonymous

michi247

« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2011, 04:07:39 pm »

akala ko wala ko problem sa pagpapainom ng gamot sa anak ko pero may nireseta sa min na antibiotic, ayaw talaga niya inumin kahit i-force namin na ibuka bibig, ihalo sa food, ihalo sa drinks, etc. niluluwa talaga niya, matalino talaga mga bata ngayon. dalawa kasi yung nireseta nagamot, yung isa iniinom pero yung antibiotic talaga ayaw. wala talaga kami nagawa sa loob ng 7 days, twice lang siya uminom, e dapat twice a day for 7days yun. so next time pag yun ulit nireseta sa min, papalitan ko sa pedia at ayaw niya nun. baka may ibang gamot or brand na pwede ipalit.

makayleeng

• View Profile
A better tasting vitamins for babies/ Problems with giving vitamins
« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2011, 09:34:28 pm »

Hello mommies!

I'm new here and I'm a new mommy of a 4 month old baby girl. ask ko lang sa inyo what multivitamins do you give to your babies that you're not having any problems with' yung nasasarapan sila? Yung baby ko kasi i gave her Nutrilin on her  first month' she doesn't like it' then i tried Growee and Poli visol, ayaw niya talaga' she would spit it out and she gets choked most of the time to the point na pulang-pula na siya'...Are there any multivitamins that tastes better?? Or do you do certain techniques para mapa inom si baby?? please share... thanks!!

just_memom

• View Profile
Re: A better tasting vitamins for babies/ Problems with giving vitamins
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2011, 02:56:55 pm »

mommy i dont think we have much choice in terms of vitamins. Nutrilin is masarap naman, polyviflor talaga ayaw ni baby. Pero i open her mouth and give yun vitamin sa kanya kahit ayaw niya eventually she got used to it. Meron parin struggle pero hinde na kasing lala nung unang time. She also vomitted a couple of times kasi ayaw niya talaga yun vitamin. Right now she's taking Vitazinc and ceelin

giselle1115

• Geriatric mommy to 2 beautiful twin boys :-)
    • View Profile
    • Blogger.com
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2011, 04:02:23 pm »

Hello!  Share ko lang yung ginawa ko nung 2 months old pa lang yung isa kong twin when he got sick.  It was imperative to give him the meds kaya here's what I did.  While lying down, once mag open mouth niya, dahan dahan akong maglagay ng drops then I immediately blow sa mouth niya.  Ang instinct ng baby when you do that is to swallow.   I got that technique from my pedia.  Ganun ginawa namin when they were given the anti rotavirus.  Sa daily vitamins naman nila.  While they're drinking milk from the bottle,  I gently remove the bottle from their mouth then replace with the dropper, then ang instinct nila is to suck on what's inside their mouth e, tapos balik ko agad yung bottle of milk before they can even react dun sa biglang pag iba ng taste, hehe.  Let me know if this helps :-)

BTW daily vitamins ng twins ko are Ceelin and Nutrilin.  Yung Nutrilin, when I first did that swap from bottle to drops thing, naku biglang tumili yung isa kong twin! Pero na swallow na niya kasi and when I did it again the following day and upto this day, wala na silang reklamo :-)

makayleeng

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2011, 09:09:30 pm »

ok thank you mommies! i'll try to do those techniques i've tried once na ihalo sa milk but i read na it's not advosable coz ang tendency daw baka ang milk na an i refuse ni baby later  on bacause of the taste.  i hope my baby will get used to her vitamins.

jhenbreak

• View Profile
Re: ayaw uminom ng vitamins / tips in giving vitamins to kids
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2012, 05:53:16 pm »

I tried before na ihalo sa breast milk yung vitamins ni baby nung 1 month pa lang siya kasi ayaw niya ng taste kaya lang may nabasa ako na sinasabi na pano kung di maubos yung milk eh di sayang pati yung vitamins. Now that he's 11 months, still he refuses to take vitamins, makita pa lang niya dropper umiiwas na siya, kaya lahat na ata ng paraan nagawa ko. Dinadaya ko siya, kunwari papainumin ko siya ng water, pag open ng mouth, sabay pasok ng spoon na may vit. O kaya in the middle of feeding solids, isisingit ko yung vit, yung di niya mapapansin na vit yung laman ng spoon pero kasi madalas naaamoy niya kasi e kaya nakakaisip na rin siya ng way para maiwasan yung vit. Hayz!

lykeil

• View Profile
Re: Hirap Painumin ng GAMOT!
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2012, 11:17:23 am »

Ganoon talaga sa umpisa ang mga bata ayaw uminom ng gamot. Kaya you need to be tough sometimes e. 1. The forceful way- hawak sa kamay at paa tapos isubo ang gamot at pisilin ang ilong para malunok agad ang gamot or 2.  pagniluluwa nila o suka, I will tell them they will drink more of it kaya they better drink medicine para tapos na or 3. I will bring them to the hospital for injection!!
Sometimes I will explain to them too that gamot will kill the germs inside them para mawala ang lagnat or any ouch they feel.
Mabilis lang naman bolahin ang mga bata. You can also give them their favorite candy as compliment in every sip of the medicine. Tiyagaan lang talaga yan.
Kaya now, alam na nila pag may lagnat o ubo they will drink their medicines with out any argue. Kasi alam na nila ang mga consiquences e. hehe, Good luck!! : )

violet.crumble

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2012, 11:45:32 am »

I guess problem talaga yan ng lahat  ng mommy.  Kaka-stress na nga pag may sakit ang baby natin, dagdag stress pa pag ayaw nila uminom ng meds.

I agree kay mom lykeil.  Sometimes you just have to be tough.  They need the meds eh.  So i hold my son and make him drink the meds.  He tries to force himself to throw it up sometimes too so  i just tell him na iinom sya ulit.  O pag nakikita ko na sya na pinipilit isuka, i make him drink water para mawala yung taste and ma-counter yung action niya of trying to get it out.  Kaya lang, mali daw na pinipisil ang ilong to make them swallow.  I used to do that before pero when my doctor told me na bad yun, i stopped it na.  May risk kasi that the medicine will go to their lungs and cause infection.  Dahil daw sa reflex natin na pag tinakpan yung nose, we tend to swallow fast to open our mouth para makahinga.  So minsan, it goes thru the wrong hole.

Some times din, i give the medicine dropper to him tapos sya magsi-squeeze nung meds sa mouth niya.

Pag masarap naman yung meds, i put it sa medicine cup tapos sya na iinom nun mag-isa.

Pag talagang ayaw, better to put it in a syringe (na walang needle syempre).  Mas madali at mas mabilis i-dispense yung medicine into their mouth as compared to using a regular medicine dropper na minsan hindi nasasaid yung lahat ng gamot.

For lagnat ang alam kong masarap na gamot is Calpol.

mamacyd

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2012, 12:04:26 pm »

@ jhelxea

sis how old is your baby? yung bunso ko 10mos old lang ganyan din. makita palang niya yung syringe na may medicine naku dumuduwal na. pilyong baby. hehe.. pero hindi naman ako nagpadala sa pagiging manipulative niya. what i do is prepare a cold water sa sippy cup niya. pagkalagay ko ng medicine sa mouth niya sabay  ihip sa nose niya para malulon yung gamot nang walang kalaban laban. hehe.. then inom agad ng cold water (he can't resist cold water kasi) :)

patience lang talaga. goodluck!   ;)

Errych

• Global Moderator
  • Watch.Wait.Time will unfold & fulfill its purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2012, 12:09:11 pm »

Same topics merged.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10