Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Walker for Baby: Advantage or Disadvantage?  (Read 12205 times)

miel31

• View Profile
Re: Walker for Baby: Advantage or Disadvantage?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:17 am »

my baby will be turning 6 months on the 26th and he is using a hand-me-down walker, bigay ni ate which was used by her bunso. of course may advantages, like nakakakain kami ni hubby ng sabay habang nasa walker sya pero tinitignan pa din namin sya to make sure he's okay. I also believe that it will help strengthen yung knees niya kasi pag nandun sya, medyo nakaupo sya at kung gusto niya lumakad e kailangan niya tumayo. Ang disavantages naman, sabi nga ng ibang mommy, prone to accidents pero mapprevent naman to kung babantayan natin sila ng maigi. At medyo mahal para sa short-term use.. kung may mahihiraman kayo or may magbibigay ng nagamit na, e di better :) just make sure that it is still in good condition.
My heart was no longer on the inside of my body. It was in my
arms.

Linda Basauri

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 05:32:10 pm »

My little boy turns 8 months, and my baby starts moving. He tries to stand, he needs strong support to develop body and help to move hand and foot. But this always not possible to stay with him for support. So, thought about push walker to support him.

Renata Wilson

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 05:54:55 pm »

My little boy turns 8 months, and my baby starts moving. He tries to stand, he needs strong support to develop body and help to move hand and foot. But this always not possible to stay with him for support. So, thought about push walker to support him.

Personally, i don't like walkers as I believe they teach babies to walk on their toes rather than flat on their feet. We have a couple of those push along walking aids, something like that is better I think.

We bought DS a baby play centre, they sit in it like a walker but it doesn't have wheels, so DS still could bounce and hold weight on his legs but didn't stand using his toes. It can be lifted higher as they grow taller too.
Pages: 1 [2]