Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: touch therapy / infant massage  (Read 30210 times)

ladylove77

• View Profile
for 1-month-old to 3-year-old babies
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 09:19:02 pm »

Hi mga sis. Before, I was having a hard time in putting my baby to sleep. Tapos, madalas pa syang gumising sa gabi. Good thing that when i was looking for resources sa Internet, nakita ko ang website na ito: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/advertorials/asean/sleepcenter_ph/
After I answered the questions, a customised sleep profile for my baby was given. I printed this out and discussed it with my pedia. One of the advices there was to massage my baby every night. Ngayon kampante na ako that my baby is getting the right amount and quality of sleep.  :)

martedi

• View Profile
Re: touch therapy
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:12 pm »

I weasd able to try a new technique on my baby's arms. As usual, I tried it on his legs pero nakikiliti pa rin sya ng husto. I rolled his arms between my hands, from elbow to wrist. He fell asleep while I was doing this. :)
hi ladylove77, i've read that technique in a leaflet. it's called "rolling" technique.pag sa legs,you roll from knee to ankle...nakakatuwa siguro tingnan ng baby mo pag nakikiliti, hehe!  :D

martedi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 10:04:39 am »

additional massage technique for baby's arms & legs would be the squeeze & twist. hold baby's arm with your hands,as if you were holding a baseball bat, then squeeze & twist his arm gently. then do the same with baby's leg -from hip to foot.

ladylove77

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 11:15:32 am »

additional massage technique for baby's arms & legs would be the squeeze & twist. hold baby's arm with your hands,as if you were holding a baseball bat, then squeeze & twist his arm gently. then do the same with baby's leg -from hip to foot.

Thanks so much for the tips, mommy martedi! Eversince I got a customised sleep profile for my baby, I added massage in his bedtime routine na. Ngayon, am so happy because ang bilis na nyang makatulog tapos mahaba pa talaga ang sleep niya.  :)

proudmom

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 11:42:03 am »

I'm sooooo happy.. inapply ko yung bedtime massage kay angel kagabi.. pati yung face massage.. bonding moment na, bilis pa nakasleep (no need for pacifier), ang himbing ng sleep niya at mahabang mahaba pa yung sleep.. pagkagising niya ganda ganda ng smile niya.. parang nawala stress niya from whole day of playing and crying.. nagtantrums kc hehe

ladylove77

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 09:19:17 pm »

I'm sooooo happy.. inapply ko yung bedtime massage kay angel kagabi.. pati yung face massage.. bonding moment na, bilis pa nakasleep (no need for pacifier), ang himbing ng sleep niya at mahabang mahaba pa yung sleep.. pagkagising niya ganda ganda ng smile niya.. parang nawala stress niya from whole day of playing and crying.. nagtantrums kc hehe

Maganda talaga ang infant massage di ba mommykris?  :)

Ano ginamit mo pang-massage? Ako I use the bedtime lotion of j&j.

proudmom

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 11:03:57 am »

yep yung j&j bedtime lotion din.. mdyo ayaw ni angel magpamassage sa face.. kaya start ko lang massage yung face niya pag naka pikit na ng onti.. ngingiti naman siya.. hehe  ;D

MuDrA®

• Attitude is a lil thing that makes a big different
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 02:56:22 pm »

Touch Therapy plays a significant role in promoting the proper growth and healthy development of infants. Physically, massage stimulates the nerves, increases blood flow and strengthens the immune system. It can relieve conditions such as colic and constipation.   

The values of touch therapy do not only address and develop the physical development of the babies because the parent-child bonding also springs from the nurturing touch between a mother and a baby.

Benefits of Touch Therapy

• Stimulates baby’s circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems
• Improves mobility, makes muscles more supple
• Relaxes baby
• Helps baby grow
• A bonding tool between baby and mother as well as with other family members.
• Aids in the secretion of prolactin –also known as the “mothering hormone”, which assists in milk production
• Helps build a stronger immune system 

Single by Chance.. Mother by Choice

jihankaren

• View Profile
free Infant Massage Therapy Training at Campvelles
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 05:02:35 pm »

free INFANT MASSAGE TRAINING
by a US Certified Massage Instructor

April 16, 2010

Registration starts at 8 am

Sponsored by:
Campvelles

Massaging your baby is a beautiful and Loving way to begin a lifelong relationship

Importance of Lifelong Massage

Infant massage is a bonding activity between parents and their children. In the most basic terms, infant or pediatric massage refers to the process of stroking the muscles of an infant using a variety of specialized massage techniques. Vocalization, eye-to-eye contact, and other positive behavioral reinforcements are also important components of the massage.
Infant massage is being embraced by a wide variety of professionals who are incorporating it into their practices to help families cope with children with special needs as well as healthy full term newborns. Techniques are simple and effective and are most likely performed by parents and primary caregivers who have been taught by certified infant massage instructors. The approach is empowering and improves the parent-infant attachment process. There is a growing body of research that supports the therapeutic benefits.

Parent - Infant Massage Classes

Infant massage classes are taught by  Certified Infant Massage Instructor  (CIMI) who teach mothers, Fathers, grandparents and primary caregivers.

Your infant massage instructor is:

Ms. Lorelie Malate, RN

Certified Infant Massage Instructor International Loving Touch
Foundation, Inc.

Approved by:

National certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)

The Colorado Nurses Association (an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing
Center’s  Commission on Accreditation)

For More information about Loving touch infant massage please contact us!

Jacinta Building 2, EDSA
Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City
Phone: (02) 986-6530;    +639393792280
campvelles@yahoo.com

Look for Jihan Kabuhat

blumrkor

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 12:36:20 am »

paano ba yung i love you massage mga mommy

rakibebe

• View Profile
Re: free Infant Massage Therapy Training at Campvelles
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 05:04:18 pm »

Anong time po ito?

cosmomum

• View Profile
Re: free Infant Massage Therapy Training at Campvelles
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 12:23:08 pm »

what time kaya?

ayhanne

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 05:31:36 pm »

Hi mommies! Yung i love you massage,draw I s left side ng tummy tas yung inverted L s right parang nagdraw ka ng square tas draw ka ng U s lower part ng tummy. Pampaalis daw ng kabag yun at for constipation. Hope it helps!

Caddin

• View Profile
    • Mommy's Lullabies
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 02:38:19 pm »

yung i love you massage ba uses 2 fingers lang or gagamitin the whole hand para ma malawak ang sakop?

mommy darling

• View Profile
where: infant/baby masaage
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 03:41:10 pm »

hello mga mommies :) na -try niyo na ba ipa-massage si baby? how was thee xperience? and saan po? thank you!!!
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5