Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: autism spectrum disorder  (Read 141694 times)

rhovie

• View Profile
Re: autism spectrum disorder
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2013, 01:43:24 pm »

Hi myAdie!

it's good that your son is improving :) don't worry, magreregress din yung pang tip toe niya.. :) have faith and everything will turn out fine :). I just tell to myself that the condition of my son is not burden, but a blessing in disguise, kasi not only i become more focus to him now, but also, i'm learning everyday from him. :) Goodluck sa mga sons natin! :)

gripfast

• I am my son's happy ever after...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2013, 10:41:25 pm »

hi MyAdie!

Naku don't worry! as long as you continue the therapy and may follow up sa bahay, your son will really improve. My son started his ABA therapy when he was 18 months. his dev ped said na he might be in the spectrum of autism. too young to tell pa daw kasi since wala naman kami nakikita na signs except dun na late ang speech and uber mag tantrums and he wont respond sa name niya. sobrang na baby kasi anak ko sa bahay. biruin mo, ayaw ilabas ng lola at mommy ko kasi daw magulo sa labas. ayun.

2 years and 4 months na sya now and he is taking ABA therapy (3 times a week) and OT naman twice a week. Sis, I'm telling you, sobrang laki ng improvement ng anak ko. I'm very happy. He understands na yung mga sinasabi namin, may bisyo na nga eh! hehe when he is reading a book dapat naka open ang lights. pag di mo binuksan, sisimangutan ka and he'll open it himself sabay sabi ng "mimee, lights!" hehe music to my ears!

Have faith sis! Ang sarap ng feeling pag may milestone ang baby mo, that alone is enough for you to hold on and continue to support him. It will be tough pero its worth it. Magastos pa sya sis pero sige lang. AKo nga single mom pero nakakaya ko ipa therapy anak ko. My son's condition made me more stronger and mas naging responsible ako. It also made me realize kung ano yung mga bagay na mahalaga talaga.

Blessing talaga ang son ko for me. I had to quit my job before sa Taguig, mind you maganda ang pay and ang company. yun kasi ang suggestion ng mokong kong ex. kami pa nun pero now hindi na. I was able to get a home based job that pays more than my previous salary. My former bosses dun sa dati kong company hired me again. I can now spend more time sa anak ko at naihahatid ko pa sya sa therapy niya everyday sa Pasig. Taga Caloocan kami sis ha! I'm really happy kasi despite what happened (iniwan kami ng daddy niya) at least di pa rin kami pinabayaan ni Lord.

Have faith! It'll be fine sis. It's gonna be worth it, believe me.

MyAdie

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2013, 07:51:43 am »

Hi gripfast,

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. If i may ask, na rule out na ba ang ASD with your son?
We are going back to the dev pedia tomorrow for 2nd assessment. Hopefully my son will perform.  We are in OT 2x a week, used to be 3x but i begged off dun sa isang session since napapansin na ako dito sa office na laging halfday. Wed-Thur-Sat kasi sched namin. But my yayas are very proactive and feeling ko nga mas nag improve ang son ko dahil sa mga yaya ko kasi we reiterate what's done during the sessions at home and, mas advanced pa kami. Sa therapy kasi, 2 colors pa lang tinuturo sa son ko eh sa totoo lang, 6 colors na ang alam niya. He also knows all letter in the alphabet. 9 numbers, and shapes. Yun lang talaga, babbling pa din kami until now. He's turning 2yrs 2 mos on Sep 9.  Tsaka dati, my son has no pointing puro hand leading. But last night, natuwa ako kasi nagugutom sya. So tinanong ko sya, what he wants, cereal or milk and tinuro niya yung cereal. Pari imitation skills niya emerging na din and very fast magpick up> hopefully ma rule out na yung ASD niya sooner or later though I'm sure the pedia tom will not be able to give yet her diagnosis kasi masyadon pa ngang bata ang son ko.
And above all, prayers really helped improve my son. As in, Mama Mary talaga is our strength and miracles really do happen, we just have to have faith.
Sa Pasig din ang therapy center ko, ano yung sayo?
Will include your son in my prayers. Happy weekend!

jvfrodriguez

• 3 tsikitings
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2014, 06:15:05 am »

You are all invited to join us for the

National Autism Consciousness Week
January 19-25, 2014 in Metro Manila.

19 JAN 2014, SUN | 0700H Angels Walk for Autism (MOA Arena, Pasay City)   free ENTRANCE

PROGRAMME
06:30H Arena gates opened (expect long lines, especially if you have not received your ticket yet)
07:30H Showcase of Performers with Autism
08:45H AutiZm (Zumba for Autism)
09:00H Opening Program
09:30H Start of Walk
11:00H Closing Program
20 JAN 2014, MON | 1400H PWA Art Exhibit Launch (House of Representatives, QC)

21 JAN 2014, TUE | 1300H Orientation on Educational Assessment for Individuals with Autism (UL Complex, Pasig City)

23 JAN 2014, THU | MERALCO Volts PWA Basketball Clinic - tentative (MERALCO Compound, Pasig City)

24 JAN 2014, FRI | 1000H Family Support Group with Karen Davila (Bridges Foundation, Quezon City)

25 JAN 2014, SAT | 1030H CAUSEPLAY and Closing Ceremonies (SM Bacoor)

Celebrate Autism Society Philippines' 25th year!  Let's make history!  Join the biggest ever Angels Walk for Autism!  Visit our Facebook Event page for details. (For more information / details, please see the FB page of Autism Society Philippines - https://www.facebook.com/autismsocietyphilippines)

Angels Walk for Autism 2014, is the kick-off event for the 18th National Autism Consciousness Week.  The event attracts thousands not only from Metro Manila, but from all over the country through simultaneous walks organized by some of ASP’s provincial chapters.

Thanks!
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jvfrodriguez
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jennette.rodriguez

For families with kids with autism, join Autism Society Philippines - http://www.autismsocietyphilippines.org/p/join_30.html

zia_slp

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2014, 09:48:23 pm »

If anyone is looking for occupational therapy, speech therapy and sped tutorials in Sampaloc, NEST Manila is now open. All their therapists are certified and licensed (graduates from UP and UST). You can contact the center through 09224169308 or 09225169308. Thank you!

Prettymom00001

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2014, 01:35:54 pm »

Hi mommies, I'm a newbie here. I came across this forum in search for answers to some of my questions. I'm not sure if something is wrong with my child.
My daughter is 22 months now. She's a very happy child...she always smiles at us whenever we play, she laughs when I try to make funny faces. She even has her own sense of humor already. She's very playful, walking around the house as if she never gets tired. Kaya lang she walks on tiptoes. She's also very very talkative, but hubby and I can't understand what she says. She cannot say clear words yet except for "cat", "dee" for daddy, "mee" for mommy, "tee" for hello kitty. She likes to read books, pointing on images on her books. But whenever i say the name of the objects on her books she doesn't immitate me, instead she says only one word for all the objects, and that is "wuch". She also doesn't tell me or point to the things that she wants. Instead she just gets my hand and directs me towards the things that she wants. When i sing and dance to her she doesn't try to immitate me, but she looks at me and smiles, then she'll start moving as if she's hopping. She likes to scribble on her magnetic board. She also loves playing music on her xylophone and piano. She looks at us when we call her name. She makes eye contact and responds when we talk to her, kaya lang nga we cannot understand what she's saying. Whenever we go out sa mall she tries to draw attention from other people by smiling at them and making pa-cute like "beautiful eyes".

What do you think mommies, is there something wrong with my daughter? I'm worried kasi she cannot speak real words yet and she's always on tiptoes. Sometimes she still babbles and plays with her saliva. Should I go ahead and have her checked by a dev ped?

chardonnay

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2014, 11:17:49 pm »

I see no prob mommy. Baka delayed talker lang talaga. Before going to a dev pedia, consult your regular pedia for your peace of mind.

jvfrodriguez

• 3 tsikitings
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2014, 07:27:59 am »

Sharing upcoming events of Autism Society Philippines

Family Support Group Meeting
November 22, 2014, Saturday, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
ASP National Office, Room 307 ML Building No. 47 Kamias Road, Quezon City

Facilitator: Perlita So, ASP Board of Trustee

To sign up, call ASP National at 926-6941 or 929-8447. Only 15 seats available.

http://www.autismsocietyphilippines.org/2014/11/family-support-group-for-november-2014.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Seminar on Behavior Modification
November 29, 2014, Saturday, 8:30AM - 5:00PM
Pasay SPED Center
Galvez Ave. cor. P. Villanueva St., Pasay City

Speaker : Ms. Ana "Lian" del Valle
Director
Autism Resource Center
Autism Society Philippines Laguna chapter

Training for Early Steps volunteers and limited slots to be opened for additional participants

Seminar Fees
ASP Member - P400.00
Non - Member - P500.00

Seminar Fee is inclusive of certificate, handouts, snacks and lunch.

Text Jeng Rodriguez, Secretary ASP UP CAMP Manila for details - 0923-4080825 / 0922-8969612

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seminar on Sensory Integration in Autism
November 29 2014, Saturday, 9:30AM - 12:00PM

Quality Life Discoveries, Inc. #70 20th Avenue Brgy. San Roque, Project 4, Quezon City

Speaker: Rowena Sison Sigler

Seminar Fees

Pre-reg. until November 25
ASP Member - P400.00
Non - Member - P500.00

On-Site Registration
ASP Member - P600.00
Non - Member - P700.00

Seminar Fee is inclusive of certificate, handouts and snacks. Contact ASP National to register

http://www.autismsocietyphilippines.org/…/november-29-satur…

International PWD Day celebration

Seminar on "Understanding Persons with Disability: Journey with Autism"

Seminar Details

Date: December 6, 2014, Saturday
Time: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Venue: St. Jude College-Manila Auditorium GYM, Dimasalang cor. Don Quijote Sts., Sampaloc, Manila

AM Session: Understanding Autism: A Family's Journey and a Society's Advocacy
Speaker: Erlinda “Dang” Uy Koe

PM Session: Care and Intervention Across the Autism Spectrum
Speaker: Evert L. Malapad, MA Educ SPED

Seminar fee:

Pre-reg. until December 1

Students : P350.00 (please bring school ID)
ASP Members : P400.00 (please bring ASP ID)
Non ASP Members / Professionals : P500.00

Seminar Fee is inclusive of certificate and handouts will be sent via email.

On-site registrants will be accepted depending on the availability of seats.

Please text Jeng Rodriguez, Secretary of Autism Society Philippines UP CAMP Manila chapter to register at 0922-8969612 / 0923-4080825 or Jan Peña, ASP Board of Trustee at 0920-8247636 / 0915-9857828.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 2015

National Autism Consciousness Week celebration

Thanks! Hope to see you in our events
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:49:13 am by jvfrodriguez »
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jvfrodriguez
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jennette.rodriguez

For families with kids with autism, join Autism Society Philippines - http://www.autismsocietyphilippines.org/p/join_30.html

purplemommy17

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2015, 08:03:55 am »

Hi mommies! I'm not sure if may makakabasa pa nito. I'm also a worried mom, my 20 month old son also shows signs of being in the spectrum. Nakapagpa schedule na kame ki Dra. Reloza this coming May for an assesment/diagnosis. Ipinapasa Diyos ko na lang ang lahat. Sobrang depress din ako ngayon pero I'm preparing myself na. Kelangan maging strong para sa anak ko. Andami ko na ding forums and blogs na binabasa regarding ASD.

I just wonder, kumusta na po mga babies niyo? Meron pa ditong na rule out na yung ASD diagnosis. How did you cope up sa diagnosis by the way? Hope to hear from you mommies! Godbless us all.

MyAdie

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2015, 10:46:06 am »

Hi purplemommy. It’s always good to have your child assessed by a devpedia as soon as you notice red flags for early intervention na din.  What signs have you noticed by the way?
I was in your shoes almost 2 years ago when we had our son assessed in May 2013. He was 21months then. Sobrang nakakadepressed talaga but looking back, after almost 2 years, we are very happy how my son has improved. At 3.5years he can already write his name and read some words.  I also thought he won’t be able to talk but now he can. Yun nga lang hindi pa din conversational. 
We are scheduled for our 5th assessment na ata next month and hopefully mas notable yung improvements na Makita ng devpedia. The last time kasi halos babbling pa din ang son ko, ngayon nakakasalita na.
Have faith in God and have faith in your child.  God bless.

purplemommy17

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2015, 08:39:00 am »

Thank you for the response sis @MyAdie. Puro babbling padin baby ko sis, minsan pag umiiyak at nagpapakarga siya, naririnig ko siyang nag sasabi ng mommy. Pero hindi super clear. Hand leading din sa mga needs niya, minsan naman iaabot niya samin kapag halimbawa gusto niya ipabukas yung container. Pero pag sa books or charts, nagpopoint naman siya. MInsan nag sspin din siya wheels ng car niya pero hindi naman siya obssessed. After ng onting ikot, lalaruin naman niya yung car ng maayos. Minsan din nag uuntog siya ng ulo, siguro kasi di niya maexpress ng yung sarili niya. Tapos minsan di siya lumilingon pag tinatawag name niya especially pag nanonood ng tv. Sobrang exposed siya sa tv, as in parang pagkapanganak sakanya, lage siyang asa sala, syempre kahit baby pa, sa tv sa nakatingin, sobrang nagsisisi nga ako, bakit di ko man lang naisip yun. Pero ngayon since zero screen time na kame, lumilingon na siya everytIme tinatawag, Ok naman eye contact niya. Marunong naman siya magclap, high5, wave bye, mag kiss, mag shoot ng ball. Alam niya kung pano gamitin cp, comb, cotton buds, kutsara, tinidor, baso, toothbrush. Pag binigyan mo siya ng wipes or towel, pinupunas punas naman niya sa katawan niya at sa face, pag binigyan mo siya sando or shirt, tinatry niya isuot pati nadin shoes niya. Pag kawak niya door keys, tinatry niya isuksok sa may door knob. He smiles at lot, masayahin naman siya, loves being cuddled and kissed. Di din siya expose sa madaming tao sis, kame lang ni hubby lage nakakasalamuha niya, yung sis ko bihira kasi may work din. So feeling ko, isa din yun sa reason kung bakit di pa siya nakakapag talk.

I'm really worried and natatakot sa pwedeng maging diagnosis. Nakakuha na kame slot ki Dra. Reloza this coming May14. Sabi ko nga, pinapasa Diyos ko na lang ang lahat. Sana nga delayed lang talaga, late na din kasi siya natututo umupo, crawl at mag walk (18mos). I'm hoping and praying for the best.

MyAdie

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2015, 10:29:42 am »

Hi purplemommy17.
Yes, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. If ever your child will be diagnosed as being in the spectrum, always remember that autism is just part of who or what your child is.  Focus on your child’s strengths and not his weaknesses because believe me , meron at meron silang special skills. 
Don’t wait for the checkup to do some forms of intervention as early as now.  Start engaging your son to more playing and lessen if you cannot totally eliminate tv watching and gadgets.  Yung ipad I cannot say it’s all bad kasi my son actually learned to sing and utter words with the use of ipad. Meron kasing mga apps na beneficial sa kanila.
Let me know how the check-up will turn out. God bless.

purplemommy17

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2015, 08:58:57 am »

Hi sis @MyAdie,i am indeed preparing for the worst. Yes sis, limited to no tv na talaga kame. Di ko na din siya pinag hahawak ng gadgets. Kapag naglalaro siya magisa, i always make sure na tabihan siya, kausapin at makipag play sakanya. Sobrang hindi ko man lang naisip na anlaki ng magiging effect ng tv and gadget sa anak ko. Isa yun sa pinagsisisihan ko talaga, if only I could turn back time.

Habang papalapit ng papalapit ang schedule namin sa pedia, di ko alam kung ano ang nararamdaman ko, sobrang natatakot, at worried ako sa future. But still, andiyan padin ang faith and trust ko ki God.

Thank you sis. Godbless you too.

ignitecenterph

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2015, 09:02:21 am »

Good morning!

We are putting up a speech and occupational therapy center in Bahayang Pagasa Subd., Imus, Cavite in June of 2015. You might be interested to check us out when we open in June.

Here are our details:

IGNITE Therapy Center
Block 15 Lot 11 Avenida Rizal St., Phase 8,
Bahayang Pagasa Subd., Imus, Cavite

+639253800950
ignitecenter.ph@gmail.com
www.ignitelifelonglearning.wordpress.com

Thank you very much po! :)

darling

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2015, 03:16:11 pm »

Hi Mommies!!
  Good Day Po sa inyong lahat!
  naiiyak po ako habang binabasa yung bawat na share  nyo. mother po aki 5 yo boy,, na gang ngyunay hindi pa din marunong makipga usap, nag start sya mag salita this april 2015 lang, naenroll ko po sya sa private school nursery, na complain na sya ng ibang parents dahil ang anak ko daw super hyper sa loob classroom pati teacher na rin na haos sumuko na, ewan ko kung ano sya ba talaga sabi ng pedia niya hindi sya ADHD OR AUTISM naman,

sa mga nanay na may anak speech delay na enrol na po ba ang anak nyo at ito po na complain na rin ba? sabi ng teacher niya wag daw muna pumaok anak ko gat wala daw resultmm ewan ko kung tama to, pero gusto ko din ikonsider ang damdamin ng ibang ina, meron daw bata dun na trauma daw kasi minsan natulak ng anak ko dala ng haort, hirap po!! nag babasa po ako dito para mag karon ako lakas loob
  thank you
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16