Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: autism spectrum disorder  (Read 131723 times)

darling

• View Profile
Re: autism spectrum disorder
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2015, 10:36:24 am »

mommies!! galing na po kami ng dev pedia ASD daw ang bigat bigat!! magiging normal din ba sya buhay niya

jvfrodriguez

• 3 tsikitings
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2015, 12:14:47 pm »

Here's an invitation from the Dev Ped doctors of PGH

"We are inviting all family members, loved ones and interested health care professionals and teachers of our youth with developmental disabilities (YDD) in the second talk of the UP-PGH Dept of Pediatrics Transition Clinic with the theme: "FAMILY MATTERS: Caring for YDDs and their Families" this coming August 27, Thursday (8am-3pm) at the PGH Dining Hall Function Room. Please contact me (details in the poster) for slot reservations as slots are LIMITED.  See you there!"

Link for the poster -
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155870940600514&set=a.163370095513.249538.571480513&type=1&theater
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jvfrodriguez
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jennette.rodriguez

For families with kids with autism, join Autism Society Philippines - http://www.autismsocietyphilippines.org/p/join_30.html

darling

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2015, 02:32:19 pm »

@ mommy aldie,, ilang taon po na okay si baby mo? sobra ako natuwa sa mga encouraging words mo. alam mo 5yo na ank ko na laman na ASD iyak ao ng iyak, but when i starting reading this forum na open ang mind ko. lalo sa message mo sa mga ibnag mommy.

mommy_owlz

• life goes on....
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2015, 02:11:11 pm »

^darling

normal reaction lang na malungkot after getting the ASD diagnosis.
Ganyan rin ako 7 months ago...
Basta dapat mo gawin ipatherapy agad.. laki ng tulong niyan.
ang son ko  dati marami issues.. pero now nabawasan dahil sa OT.

EFFORT = RESULT

Wag magdwell sa diagnosis, look for intervention. :)

Also, PRAY  ;)

mommy_owlz

• life goes on....
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2015, 02:24:39 pm »

But I have an inquiry, meron ba dito na initial diagnosis ASD tapos naiba after another check-up?
Say naging GDD, Speech Delay etc?

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2015, 12:36:29 am »

mine not from ASD initial diagnose pero nagchange....from communication disorder mixed type now nagin developmental language delay..

darling

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2015, 10:40:26 am »

@danrana 88
 hello po. musta po huling check uo niya? hindi po sya ASD? developmental language delay? which is ok po compare po sa ASD? tama po ba?

oct 20 na ang sked namin kay Dr Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2015, 01:00:01 am »

hi ms darling so far retained pa din si developmental language delay hindi pa din nagiging asd considering 5 yr old na son ko.  ikaw ba sis?...pagkakaalam ko kasi sis once diagnose as ASD hindi na nachachange kasi ASD is a lifelong condition ang nagchchange is yun mga mali talaga ang diagnosis or yun pag nagkamali lang talaga si devped.

darling

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2015, 10:49:21 am »

@DARNA88

Sis 20 oct na ang amng sched with dr JAck, kaya kami pupunta dun para sa 2nd opinon din,sana nga di sya ASD, :)

Rain Here

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2015, 08:13:19 pm »

Hi Mommy Darling,

Kumusta po ang visit nio kay Dr Jack? ilang oras assessment niya sa anak mo? okay ba si Dr Jack?   

MyAdie

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2015, 11:26:53 am »

Just wanted to share this article to parents like me who have kids w/ special needs.  This made me change my perspective.  God bless.

WELCOME TO HOLLAND
By Emily Perl Kingsley.

I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability - to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand it, to imagine how it would feel. It's like this......
When you're going to have a baby, it's like planning a fabulous vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guide books and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum. The Michelangelo David. The gondolas in Venice. You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting.
After months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes in and says, "Welcome to Holland."
"Holland?!?" you say. "What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy."
But there's been a change in the flight plan. They've landed in Holland and there you must stay.
The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting, filthy place, full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place.
So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met.
It's just a different place. It's slower-paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you look around.... and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts.
But everyone you know is busy coming and going from Italy... and they're all bragging about what a wonderful time they had there. And for the rest of your life, you will say "Yes, that's where I was supposed to go. That's what I had planned."
And the pain of that will never, ever, ever, ever go away... because the loss of that dream is a very very significant loss.
But... if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland

darling

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2015, 01:50:51 pm »

@mommy Rain

opo galing na kami kay Dr. jack, oaky na okay po sya mag asses,2 hrs po, nakakuha kana po ba ng sked?

familywoman

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2015, 02:37:52 pm »

Hi, MyAdie.

Thanks for sharing that story. I love it. I almost cried.

MyAdie

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2015, 05:07:55 pm »

You're welcome, Mommy familywoman.

@Mommy darling, what was Dr. Jack's diagnosis of your son, meron nang result? 

darling

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2015, 12:42:25 pm »

@ mommy aldie

ASD po,, :(
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16