Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Poll

If you have a choice, you'd be a: (by syndyela)

Stay At Home Mom
- 23 (32.4%)
Work At Home Mom
- 36 (50.7%)
Career Woman
- 12 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: All About Being a SAHM/WAHM  (Read 44908 times)

nanay2rein&erin

• View Profile
All About Being a SAHM/WAHM
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:19:20 pm »

Basahin sa Smart Parenting:
Sinukuan Ko Na Ang Traffic, Dito Na Lang Ako Sa Bahay
Click HERE.

i am a stay at home mom.for 16mos i have been with a maid who does all the chores and i taking care of my 16months old son.just recently my maid for 5months left for the province.she did not come back.we are now staying with my inlaws so that i can have help in looking after my son.but then my mom in law said that we should try living on our own.meaning having no maid at all.she told me that i can learn to balance my time in taking care of my son, my husband, and our house.i am a bit scared of the situation because i havent tried it before but i am willing to face the challenge.
can you give me some tips on how i can manage well my time.i maybe 2 months on the way also.please give me pieces of advice on how i can take care of my preggy self while taking care of my super likot son.thanks!

Naka-relate ka ba? Mag post ng katanungan o payo dito
Reply to join this discussion.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:34:45 pm by Parentchat Admin »

youngmom

• Macky
    • View Profile
    • youngmom at multiply
Re: any tips on managing time?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:12:24 am »

time management talaga.ako i take things one step at a time.for example monday is for cleaning our room,tuesdays is for laundry ni baby,wednesday is for laundry ko naman,and so o and so forth.i can't do it ng sabay sabay kc nag aalaga ako ng bata,i sometimes cook for my family,nagapapaligo kay baby,tas madalas pa ko online and and i get to catch up sa mga shows na pinapanood ko at sa pagbabasa ko ng magazines. ;D  ang sikreto ko,multi tasking.while watching tv iron my baby's clothes mga ganon,madami ako nagagaa pag tulog si baby para pag gising na siya nasa kanya focus ko,watch kami tv o play kami. mahirap mag solo,u need a helping hand talaga.sabi nga nila,it takes a village to raise a child.kahit multi tasking ako,i can't do it without a helping hand,either  my mom  or my lola. ;) ;)
please invite me at http://glacia14.multiply.com/

nanay2rein&erin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:11:13 am »

thanks youngmom.good thing tayong mga girls e kayang mag multitask.

tangytomato

• tangy-tomato.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Tangy Tomato
All About Being a SAHM/WAHM
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 06:05:06 pm »

Hi Moms!

I'm just curious. I'm working pa right now but I am going to give birth in January. I want to eventually quit my job and take care of the household and maybe start my own business (labo pa ng plans ko).

I just wanna ask you moms out there who decided to quit their jobs to become a WAHM/SAHM.

What made you decide to do it?

How does it feel? Sulit ba?

Do you have any regrets?

How do you see yourself in the next 2 years? Do you plan to go back to the workforce?

Do you earn your own money? How?

And most importantly: How do you live your everyday life? How do you survive? What keeps you busy everyday?

Just curious po...takot kasi ako baka ma-bore ako pag nag quit ako ng job e. Chaka baka ma-miss ko yung industry na ginagawalan ko ngayon. Chaka baka ma-feel ko na helpless ako if I depend on my husband financially.

HOTMOM777

• View Profile
Re: WAHM/SAHM: day-to-day
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:51:28 am »

Hi Mommy tangytomato :)  advance congratulations to you  ;)  Here are my answers to your query:

What made you decide to do it? ** I was working when I found out I was conceiving to my eldest.  Finding it out is very coincidental since I was also planning to resign.  I immediately did so since I don't want to jeopardize my baby's health because of my hectic work & the same principle was applied to my youngest.  I decided (or rather we) decided on it since it's mine & hubby's advocacy that there should be one parent who would be there with the kids & not to be left with a caretaker.  we both believe iba pa den ang alagang mommy, they grow up to be healthier, happier & more positive disposition among others.  And besides with so many horror stories with what the yaya's are doing to some kids, i don't want my daugthers to go thru it.  I want to be there for their every milestones and not to receive the second hand info from others  :(.

How does it feel? Sulit ba? **  YES!!!! it's all worth it for me.  seeing them grow up to be somebody, healthy, bubbly, both EQ & IQ smarts is more than enough to fill all the years of salary i've worked for :D

Do you have any regrets? ** NOPE!

How do you see yourself in the next 2 years? Do you plan to go back to the workforce?  ** with my eldest I was a SAHM for 4years.  I started working late last year but a month after I was conceiving with my youngest so I stopped again.  I just do sidelines from time to time but not joining the workforce again.

Do you earn your own money? How? **FOr now I was blessed enough to have a monthly assistance from my ninong since he really promised my mom that he would take care of me & my 2 siblings so kahit konti nakakatulong naman,  but like i said i do sidelines from time to time, syempre di ako umaasa dun.  kung wala naman yun, yung tag five & ten peso & twenty peso bills na iniipon ko always comes in handy for emergencies  ;D  so in a way it's not monthly salary but if there's emergency may nadudukot ako so samin ni hubby ok na den yun. 

And most importantly: How do you live your everyday life? How do you survive? What keeps you busy everyday?  **  i used to think about that before when i had my eldest. parang feeling ko nagkamali ata ako ng decision since i'm also a career woman.  but you know i did keep myself busy...in fact, I WAS BUSY!  i did my baby's scrapbook, spring cleaning (gawd! i didn't know our house is full of trash, lol!), update on the things i have to update like reading books, my wardrobe, my journals, other household matters, etc.  Dun ko nalaman it's more challenging to be just at home..akala ko dati boring hindi pala kasi ang daming kailangan asikasuhin.  Esp now that I have my youngest.  Talagang time management.  The things you learn at work maapply mo den sa bahay..like leadership, negotations skills, magsave lalo..to scrimp more so!, etc :D  Hubby is also a major factor since he always consults me about their legal & financial matters.  So kahit pano napapaandar ko pa den utak me, heheh

Just curious po...takot kasi ako baka ma-bore ako pag nag quit ako ng job e. Chaka baka ma-miss ko yung industry na ginagawalan ko ngayon. Chaka baka ma-feel ko na helpless ako if I depend on my husband financially. ** Recently, I asked hubby if he would want me to work again since it's also very challenging to be financially dependent esp if you're used to having your own money but he said "just take care of our family.  seeing our daughters grow up to be fine ladies, healthy & strong, tanggal na lahat ang pagod ni daddy"  :D

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:55:10 am by HOTMOM777 »
People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine not when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in.  Their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within - ELISABETH KUBLER - ROSS

Mommy Iris

• Entrepremom
    • View Profile
    • Project Happiness Bakehouse
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 08:25:19 am »

What made you decide to do it? I have to. It was the best decision I made to keep my sanity. No one has to look over Yona, my toddler and the office I was with was already killing my *&%$ off.

How does it feel? Sulit ba?Of course! Just seeing your daughter grow everyday, being able to look after your household and having that responsibility on your shoulder just brings a different level of accomplishment. Well for some kasi lalo na ang corporate women talaga, iba yung feeling - parang boring to some pero if you've decided talaga na you'll gonna be SAHM or WAHM - ang sarap ng feeling :)

Do you have any regrets?Wala of course!

How do you see yourself in the next 2 years? Do you plan to go back to the workforce?
Still a SAHM, no I have no plans in going back to work :)

Do you earn your own money? How?Of course, through online selling

And most importantly: How do you live your everyday life? How do you survive? What keeps you busy everyday?Basta may internet, I can survive! Seriously, here's our day to day activities. I made a blog about this in Multiply:

As a SAHM, I don’t go through the hassle of waking up early for work, thinking a gazillion times on what to wear for work, stressing myself to death on how to commute back and forth. Being at home saves me a lot of untimely wrinkles!

But don’t get me wrong, I do work – but at home! I am so blessed to have a husband who supports my decision to quit my job and be with our daughter. I know he’s not earning that much but he just loves me to bits to embrace this obligation hehe

Our week starts on a Tuesday. Mondays are considered Sundays to us – family day or should I say Mom and Dad’s Off Days. Daddy from work while Mommy from taking good care of Yona. I go to suppliers on this day.

Here’s what we do during regular weekdays – Tuesdays to Saturdays:

0730 – 0800: Wake up time

0800 – 0830: I prepare 8oz milk for Yona and coffee and bread for me at the same time, I turn the PC on

0830 – 0900: Yona drinks milk while watching Nick Jr. on TV5 or Miya on QTv, I work on my PC

0900 – 1000: I prepare brunch for Yona, oatmeal and bread and another 8oz of milk

1000 – 1200: Toddler activities with Yona, taking a bath - the works, mom faces the PC

1200 – 1230: Lunch Time

1230 – 1300: Mommy works while Yona watches TV

1300 – 1500: Nap time for Yona, mommy works again

1500 – 1630: Snack time, toddler activities, milk time for Yona

1630 – 1800: Yona plays with friends while waiting for Dada

1800 – 1900: We watch TV together while Dada prepares dinner

1900 – 1930: Dinner time

1930 – 2030: Downtime

2030 – 2100: Yona takes a shower

2100 onwards: Lights off for Mommy and Yona, Dada uses PC

So that’s it! Though there are days when we do errands but typically this is how we schedule our days.

tangytomato

• View Profile
    • Tangy Tomato
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 09:54:30 pm »

Hindi ba kayo na-bore nung umpisa? :-)

soumy01

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 02:37:04 pm »

ako din resigned from my work nung nabuntis ako. first few months ok lang dami pa ako ginagawa yung mga bagay na na miss ko yung nagwowork pa ako pero after ilang months iyak na ako ng iyak kasi supersuper bored na ako di ako sanay na walang ginagawa plus the idea na kapadepende na ako fully financially sa husband ko.
pero now na nandito na yung baby namin wow sulit di ko ipagpapalit ang baby ko sa career ko. kahit na sayang di pa rin non matutumbasan na ako ang nagaalaga sa babyko.

buti na lang may internet and forums like this kasi maghapon kami lang ni baby ko magkasama ayoko naman nalabas madalas ng bahay pag may work si hubby. saka nagbbusy busihan na lang dito sa bahay para di mabored dami naman gagawin dito sa bahay. ;D

lady_torque

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 12:22:57 am »

Since my husband & I had plans then of putting out our own business in line with their present one, I felt that the said business can help us financially so I decided to quit and just decided to take care of the business & the family.  I am conceiving that time & since the future business is just in front of our home, mas ok di ba?

font=comic sans ms][/font]  Sa kin kasi, it doesn't matter if my career will sacrifice, anyways di naman ako after sa personal success sa corporate world.  What matters is how a woman will handle the family, as well as raise the kids.  Sulit na sulit ang pag iwan ko sa career ko & just be with the family.  Kung i continue ko career ko & maging successful nga ako personally tapos masa sacrifice naman family, successful pa ba feeling nun di ba?

Do you have any regrets?
font=comic sans ms][/font]  NO REGRETS! kahit minsan pinararamdam sa kin ng hubby ko na sya raw lang nagwo work, isa lang sinasabi ko sa kanya: "Kaya mo ba'ng role ko as a partner, a mom, a business partner?" I'm the one handling the finance, purchasing, admin aspects sa business on my own tapos yaya pa ng eldest ko (no sweldo yun) - un ang pinamumukha ko sa kanya kaya he can never tell me that I don't help him with the business. hehe

font=comic sans ms][/font] I've learned to save (secretly) for the future of the kids kasi in reality, our husbands won't allow us to save something for ourselves.  Kapag nalaman nilang we have our own savings, chances are when things got worse e papakelaman din nila yung savings natin na di naman talaga for us but for the kids hehe.  Besides, kahit naman wala tayong work talaga e may rights din naman tayo financially di ba>

And most importantly: How do you live your everyday life? How do you survive? What keeps you busy everyday?
font=comic sans ms][/font]   i wake up at 630 am to prepare my eldest to his 2-hour nursery class (hatid-sundo) then after going home alternate role as a mompreneur.  i have no time to watch tv or read hehe.  Since my 2 kids are both toddlers, the youngest is w/ d yaya & my eldest is with me at the shop since di naman sya gaano malikot & makulit.  when i have free time, i bond with both of them.

Honestly, sometimes sa mga ganitong situations, you are so close to insanity lalo na kung ang hubby mo is parang anak mo na rin :o, like when he grew up as a mama's boy...  Eto na lang ang free time ko when everyone else is asleep...
i can be your greatest dream (if treated right) and your worst nightmare (if abused)

khaena

• My 2 loving babies, Dylan & Nathan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 10:08:17 am »

What made you decide to do it? - My son was 6 months when I finally decided to resign from work because I felt guilty when my son sleeps with his yaya at night where dapat ako dapat ang katabi niya and when several times na napapabayaan ng yaya ang pagpapadede sa baby ko... Imagine pagdating ko sa bahay makaka 3 bottles straight ang baby ko meaning tinulugan lang ng yaya ang baby ko. Plus the fact yung MIL ko keeps asking money sa hubby ko and my hubby gives them without me knowing. In short secret transactions nila yun ah... akala siguro nila umuulan ng pera ang family naman kaya ganon na lang sila.

How does it feel? Sulit ba? - It feels really good and sulit na sulit talaga. Ang thinking ko kasi is... i"m working hard and investing so much time and energy for the company i work with and who benefits but the company and its owners. BUt if I invest time and effort sa family ko its my family who will benefit and lifetime benefit on my part. Pride and Glory ko pa yun lalo na pag good comments are given by other people.

Do you have any regrets? - None at all.

How do you see yourself in the next 2 years? Do you plan to go back to the workforce? - In the next two years and even for the next lifetime, I don't plan to go to workforce. But if in case instances forced me to go back to work, I would do so for my family.

Do you earn your own money? How? - As for now, I don't earn my own money. But I really make sure that i budget my hubby's remittances

And most importantly: How do you live your everyday life? How do you survive? What keeps you busy everyday? Everyday is a very busy day for me... Feeling ko nga kulang ang 24 hours for my and my 2 kids sa sobrang daming gagawin. But time management survived me everyday. Alam nyo po being a SAHM is a very tough job compare to a corporate job.

Overall, whatever you decide is never wrong as long as you make sure that you balance your work and family. Minsan po kasi parents esp moms unconsciously forget to give time lalo na sa kids but do justify lang that they do so for their children but on the side of it they do it for their own selfish motives (sorry to say this but i dont generalize it to all working moms, i knew some lang po) Meron lang po kasi talagang ganun Mommy na dikaya magpaka mommy coz they don;t know how. And they only know how to be good in their career. Let's just accept the fact that there are three kinds of mothers, those who are family oriented mothers, career oriented mothers and those who can balance both their career and family.

A proud mommy to my 2 beautiful and happy boys.

"If you are not spending time with your children, you cannot talk about parenting. You may learn all the theories and strategies, but if you don't live them out in your daily life, you wouldn't know what you're talking about." (Maricel Laxa)

tangytomato

• View Profile
    • Tangy Tomato
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:19:28 am »

Haha gusto ko na talaga magresign now that I'm on maternity leave!!!

michi247

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »

What made you decide to do it? nakunan kasi ko sa 1st pregnancy ko and nabedrest ako sa second, so after nung bedrest ko, nung pumasok ko, feeling ko hindi ko pa kaya and yaw ko na mag take ng risk na makunan ulit lalo na graveyard shift ako and laguna to makati work ko. so both decision namin ni hubby yung pagreresign ko.

How does it feel? Sulit ba? nung una, hindi talaga ko sanay kasi never naman ko napipirmi sa bahay kahit nung dalaga pa ko,and hindi rin ko sanay na walang sweldo every payday.

e no choice ako since di rin ko pd bumiyahe ng malayo. bahya lang talaga, every check up lang ang labas ko and nung nag 4mos preggy, minsan sumasama na ko mag grocery at mag shop ng baby stuff.

syempre after manganak, sulit lahat ng hirap at pagod lalo na pag nakikita mu anak mu.
Do you have any regrets?

wala, kasi iba yung feeling na ako nag-aalaga sa baby ko, masaya na mahirap. tapos nawiwitness ko rin lahat  ng first niya, first smile, first roll over, first crawl, etc. lalo na pag may sakit, syempre mas maganda kung ikaw nasa tabi niya.

before sabi ko, after 6mos siguro, pero now, hindi ko na masabi, parang di ko kaya iwan si baby sa yaya lang, i'm planning na maging WAHM na lang ko.

dami nga nagtatanung sa kin kung kelan ko magwowork ulit, sagot ko na lang, di ko pa alam e.  ;D

nag sideline ko sa real state, so kahit papanu may extra income. tapos nag try ko sa mga online surveys, pero la pa rin kita. hehe! may allowance din ko sa mom ko every month, so bukod sa savings ko, may ginagastos ko sa mga needs ko. p pero syempre hindi naman habang buhay yung savings at padala ng mom ko, so sana soon may magingbusiness na rin ko.

kala ko hindi ko kakayanin sa bahay lang, pero kung tutuusin hindi nga kaya ng 24hrs yung dapat gawin sa bahay, actually hindi ko pa nga magawa yung dapat gawin ko kasi nauubos sa kakabantay sa baby ko lalo na at nag uumpisa ng gumapang.

pag nasa room lang ko at nagbabantay kay baby, ito lang ginagawa ko, mag chat, magsurf,magblog,mag upload ng pix at sumagot sa SP. pag tulog siya, household chores na.

pag weekend, family day na, so umaalis kami, kaya baby ko, 5mos pa lang, sobrang sanay sa pagtravel.  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:36:49 pm by michi247 »

reensky

• my uno.....my LIFE....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 06:08:10 pm »

What made you decide to do it? - i was working then when i found out that i'am conceiving,its hard kasi ang layo ng work place ko then i was bleeding pa...sa takot ko i decided to resign and my hubby was very supported naman...

How does it feel?Sulit ba? - wala.. kasi nakikita ko kung paano magpalaki ng bata,i saw when he first crawl, his first smile and madami pa...but the greatest part was when he first say "mama"...sobrang happy ko and teary eyed... :)

Do you have any regrets? - wala...

How do you see yourself in the next 2 years? Do you plan to go back to the workforce? -sabi ko rin after six months,then after 1 yr..and now, siguro next year na talaga sa hirap ng buhay ngayon...para na rin sa future ni baby... ;)

Do you earn your own money? How? - my sideline and allowance galing sa parents

And most importantly: How do you live your everyday life? How do you survive? What keeps you busy everyday? -dahil dito sa SP di ako nabobore,sa scrapblog,makipaglaro kay baby... like mommy iris halos ganun din sched ko.... :D

rowster

• View Profile
    • Pinoybaby.com
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 09:23:26 pm »

I work part-time and am also a WAHM.

I don't have any relatives who can help look after my baby and I didn't want to just leave my baby with only the yaya and no one else.

Absolutely.  Paminsan gusto ko ngang mag-quit ng job ko completely.

Do you have any regrets?
I should've done it earlier, haha.

Yes.  I plan to go back to full-time work when my baby is 1-1/2 years old (old enough for playschool).

Part time work.  And I have an online store that sells baby/parenting things.

Busy everyday: when you have a baby there's more than enough to keep you busy!  On its own it's already a full-time job.

My son now is 5 months old.  On the days that I don't go to work, when he's awake, we play, I sing to him or read to him, or I carry him in a sling and we walk around the house or take a walk outside.  When he's napping or asleep at night, that's when I do my WAHM work.  At this age he's slowly starting to learn to play on his own already so sometimes I work on my laptop while sitting beside his crib (he plays in his crib) even when he's awake.

On the days that I go to work, sinasama ko siya sa work along with the yaya.

takot kasi ako baka ma-bore ako pag nag quit ako ng job e.
There's actually so much to do when you have a baby so I don't know if "boredom" (as in, nabo-bore ka dahil wala kang magawa) per se will be a problem.  But the negative things are: When I'm not at work I miss adult conversation.  And sometimes sobrang tedious ng mga kailangan gawin sa bahay, feeling ko lagi akong kulang sa pahinga.   

As the other moms have said: sa totoo lang mas mahirap at mas nakakapagod mag-alaga ng baby kaysa magtrabaho.  But of course di hamak na mas rewarding because the joy of watching your child grow and feeling bonded with your child is incomparable.

MaritheMom

• A happy wife runs a happy home :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 09:13:06 am »

hi sis. im presently a SAHM without a yaya for 6 months now (and almost 5 months since i gave birth), i chose not to hire help coz i do not want sharing my home to a stranger, nadala kasi ako dun sa last yaya 2 yaya namin.

here are some of my tips:

1. be organized.

2. your baby's sleeping hours is precious to us mommies without yayas, dun natin pwede magawa ang ibang chores.

3. work fast.

4. ask hubby for help, like kaw mag-wash sa kids for bed siya maghugas ng plates things like that, key is TEAMWORK. same with your child if he/she is of age to help or understand responsibility, like packing away toys after playing, or make a "1 toy/ play" rule, etc.

5. minimize being makalat as well, para konti lang lagi ligpitin. i use this rule sa house "kung san kinuha, dun ibalik!"

6. prioritize. those activites that require a lot of time like washing clothes, ironing, defrosting ref, organizing cabinets etc., do them on weekends when hubby is at home para may titingin kay baby while you're doing these para tuloy-tuloy rin paggawa mo mommy.

7. lastly, you have to learn to listen to your body as well, once in awhile kung pagod kana then rest! wag mo pilitin.

hope these would help, good luck!  ;)
Create happy memories with our kids, its one of the things we'll leave with them, their happy childhood :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10