Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Poll

If you have a choice, you'd be a: (by syndyela)

Stay At Home Mom
- 23 (32.4%)
Work At Home Mom
- 36 (50.7%)
Career Woman
- 12 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: All About Being a SAHM/WAHM  (Read 51855 times)

ravenwillis27

• Being a mom isn't easy.If it was,dads would do it.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it your choice to be SAHM or career woman?
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2010, 09:54:45 pm »

it's my choice to be a stay at home mom again.. i was in the corporate world for almost 6 years, then i got pregnant.  I had a difficult pregnancy that's why I resigned.  After my baby turned 1 year old, I started looking for a job again.  I tried a different route, the call center industry, kasi ayoko na ng tambak na trabaho at never ending meetings! :-\ I settled for a lower position, sabi ko basta gusto ko 8 hours lang of my day ang nasa office ako.  After a year, we decided to enroll my kid sa toddler school kaya nagresign na ko ulit.   kasi i think he will need all the guidance that he can get.  At the same time, I was diagnosed with PCOS kaya parang rest na rin in preparation of trying to get pregnant for the 2nd time. :)

• ♫But as for me & my house, we will serve the Lord♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2010, 12:14:52 am »

Me too, I am a career woman, kaso when I reached my 4th month of pregnancy, I had to stop kasi thrice na ako nag spotting. I am used to working that staying at home waiting for my delivery was so maddening. Napag usapan naman namin ni hubby ito (pero kakalungkot pa rin pala hehe) besides takot talaga ako sa yaya. I had a very bad experience for yayas eh. Now that I am an SAHM, I realized how worthy it is to give up your career, to take care of your baby and your husband, watch her grow everyday and feel like a superwoman kahit pagod na pagod kana  ;D

Although I miss my work, the nightlife and friends' gala moments, I know one day magagawa ko rin yung gumala uli kasama na ng pamilya ko. I'm so excited to have a kikay moment with my daughter one day. Especially yung mga pictures and scarpbooking ko ay puro gala na naming 3  ;D ;D

So, YES! IT'S MY CHOICE TO BE AN SAHM!! And proud of it  ;D

leilatoto

• Zoe Alexa Maxine
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2010, 12:21:21 am »

eversince we got married ni hubby he ask me not to work anymore and just stay home daw para daw mabilis ako mabuntis, but then medyo natagalan pa rin..at those times im enjoying pa rin kahit wala kami baby, just to serve my husband, asikasuhin yung damit niya, ipagluto sya and everything, im happy with it, especially when i see him happy also..now with our baby, im still not working and spending every minutes sa mag ama ko and mas enjoy ako ngayon..

anhing

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2010, 01:26:56 am »

i'm a career woman by choice. i cant imagine myself not working, parang nanghihina aku. i miss the stressful environment in the office. and yung feeling na after a tough day in the office, you go home and this little angel sweeps off all your pagod with her cute smile and a sweet kiss! heaven!  ;)

prettyw!tch

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:37 pm »

It's a mutual decision for me to stay home. When we got married, im still working till i got pregnant but then i had a miscarriage. I'm so stressed then,  we decided for me to stop working so i can easily conceive again. Luckily, we had our little boy na, and from then, i love being a stay home mommy.  Mahirap at mapagod talaga, especially kami lang ni hubby, even right after giving birth kami lang talaga, from day one till now hands on kami.  And its all worth it. Its true that i wouldn't trade for anything every moment with our son. Im so amazed how he easily grows and we're loving it.

Though sometimes, i think of work, i guess what i miss most is the intellectual conversation with my girlfriends and more but thanks to internet, im able to keep in touch with them.

Each day im trying to be the best mom i can be. :)

nixmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2010, 07:27:32 pm »

I'm pregnant with our first baby right now and I can say that I'm a career woman by choice. Like anhing, I also can't imagine myself not working in an office environment. I plan to get household help pag nakaML na ko as I need to train the nanny how I want my baby to be handled pag bumalik na ko sa work. Hindi rin kasi ako sanay ng umaasa sa sweldo ni hubby, sanay akong may sarili kong money palagi :)

MommyPhie

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2010, 10:05:59 pm »

It's my choice to a SAHM, after working for almost 9 years, sabi ko sa sarili ko pag may family na ako, I will stop working and will just take care of my hubby and kids :)

I am happy kasi I have all the chances na makita development and progress ng mga anak ako, lahat ng "first" nila ako mismo ang nakasaksi. Kahit may physical stress ok lang, kiss ng mga babies wala na pagod ni mommy.

It's been 3 years now na SAHM ako and masaya pa rin ako as it is, pero at the back of my mind gusto ko pa rin mag work, not because boring mag-stay sa bahay at mag-alaga ng mga anak kundi, may gusto pa kasi akong ma-achieve para sa sarili ko, lalo na I wasn't able to reach the peak of my career. So siguro pag pwede ko na ipagkatiwala mga anak ko sa ibang tao, I will go back to corporate world :)

sweetlorry

• View Profile
    • Cavite Premier Estates: Your personal Real Estates Agent
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2010, 01:17:12 am »

Im a SAHM by choice. at first ayaw ni hubby kc nga sa dami ng expenses. pero ngpumilit ako kc sa dami ng worlkoad namin sa dept where i belong pg dating sa bahay me uwi pa akong work. naisip ko kung ganito pa din kahit me baby na ako kawawa naman yung baby ko. ok lang yun before nung single pa ako. and isa din yun sa lagi naming issue ni hubby. same company kami but diff department. somehow d niya maiintindihan bat ganun kadami ang work sa dept namin. project base kc kami at lagi ng hahabol ng deadline. :( kaya yun after just barely 3 yrs in the corporate world after graduating from college i decide to be a full time mom.

one more reason is la ako mapg-iiwanan ke baby. yoko naman kc na iwan lang sya sa yaya. la na din kc parents hi hubby. mother ko naman working pa that time. kaya pgkatapos na ML ko pg balik ko ng office ng file na ako ng resignation. ;D

medyo mahirap nga lang pg isa lang ng wo-work. sobrang tight ng budget. pero kahit papano nakaksave naman kc d na kailangan bumili ng milk formula, purely mothers milk na lang. ;D

minsan nakakamiss din ang mg work. kaya lang isipin ko pa lang na iwanan baby ko sa isang buong araw parang d ko na kaya. pg maganda business sa dati kung office and marami project i get to work as freelance. kaya lang walang kasiguraduha kung kelan mgkakaroon ng project. pero ok na rin that way d ko masyado mamimiss ang corporate world at the same time d ako burnt out kc d ko kailnangan pumasok sa office 8 hrs per day 5 time a week.
Everyday is a new experience.

cowgirl_mommy

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2010, 02:43:09 pm »

i am a SAHM. it's also by choice. but mostly, my husband's choice.

i was starting to make my way up the corporate ladder soon after i graduated from college. i was working as a project coordinator in manila before, and by my local and foriegn bosses' appraisal i showed a lot of potential. then i got pregnant. hubby leaves in the province, so he asked me to resign and pack my bags to go to his province so he can take care of me and our baby. i consented and thought too, that this would be the best for our family. if i didn't resign, i think i would be asked to leave anyway since i am not married to hubby. it was the company policy. and given the hectic schedule and the traveling to project sites my work entails, it would be so hard to take care of the baby at the same time.

as fate would have it, six months after our daughter was born we found out i was pregnant again. i just gave birth last August 30. i am happy and proud to be a mother of two lovely daughters and at the same time to take care of my hubby, but the financial burden of raising two kids plus the allowance we send to my hubby's daughter by his ex-wife, is just too much. i get crazy worrying how we will make ends meet and budgeting my honey's meager income.

i want to work again, even just part time so we can have a breathing room with our finances. besides, i miss working and to have intelligent conversations with grown-ups and to further my self-development. and i guess what stirs this feeling of uneasiness for me is the fact that i moved to a place where i barely know anyone except my hubby's family and friends. i miss my co workers and friends and the hustle and bustle of life in manila.

i thought of becoming a work-at-home mom but i don't know how to start nor do i have special talents like baking. but i am trying and will continue to try to figure out how i can work and still take care of my babies hands on.

mummyness

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2010, 03:35:22 pm »

Im a WAHM. worked in the corporate world for 3 years then we were blessed with our baby girl. after 4 months of giving birth, went back to work till she was almost 2 years old. but last feb, got preggy again so we decided na enough na. i have to stay at home. it was not an easy choice. i was doing good in my career, earning good money and was just making my way up and i felt a bit sad when i had to resign. but after a few days palang with my daughter, nasabi ko sa sarili ko na ang dami2 ko na miss out sa ilang months ko ng pagwowork. but luckily i can make up for it. so now, we're closer than ever. i was able to let yaya go na. since kaya ko naman gawin lahat and next month due to give birth nako with our son. :) i realized that no amount of money or prestige can make me leave my kids and my hubby. :) i work at home now, and i'm absolutely happy. :)

❤Xian&Mam ❤

• choco lover.impulsive shopper. mother.wifey;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2010, 02:45:52 am »

its my choice...because i have no choice pala haha.
ayaw ni hubby maiwan kami sa pinas e,
visa ko dependent,kaya di talaga pwede magwork,
lalo ngayun may baby na kami,
lalo di na talaga pwede kailangan
ko tutukan pagbabantay kay baby e.
Being a mom is a full-time job
 with very few breaks, but it's the best job ever cuz
 I get paid with hugs and kisses!

mommy_of_2

• My kids are my life..my happy ever after..
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2010, 07:19:28 am »

I'm a career woman by choice. After I gave birth with my firstborn, hubby doesn't want me to work yet pero ang hirap magbudget lalo na't you're just dependent on someone else kaya nagdecide akong magwork. I had been in the callcenter industry for 2 years (during those times I got pregnant with my second one) though sometimes I got really torn with my decision of leaving my kids at home with the yaya and all, but I guess di rin namin kakayanin kung isa lang ang magwork lalo na naging 2 na ang kids namin. Luckily, after 2 years of hardwork I got my visa, and I'm here abroad (though I'm not with my family pa) but still working my as* off, hopefully after 2-3 years from now my family will be with me na and  this time I want to be a stay at home na if the budget permits, ang dami ko na din kasing na-miss sa mga kids ko.. :(
So there's this boy who stole my heart, he calls me "MOM"

addicted2jakey

• Jacob Cedric's Mom - That's ME!!
    • View Profile
    • Faceboook
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2010, 09:31:39 pm »

I'm a career woman by choice. eversince i graduated from college, i start working na, and still when we got married. Now, I'm in a govt institution so I like my work now, hindi ako masyado toxic unllike nun nasa private ako, still ok ang sweldo ko (compare to my previous company) and the benefits, magugulat k nalang may ddating ka pera hehe.. it's a choice I choose for my self, mhrap yung walang sariling pera and nkadepend kay hubby (POV ko lang).. at least now i could buy what i want to my baby, myself and my husband without any pagtutol from anyone.. hinahayaan lang ako ni hubby ko, kc kahit kaya niya kame support iba pa din yung may extra diba.. now, we have our own business, nakapagstart na kami, and our parents are so proud of us - we've been married for more than a yr palang pero we have our own accomplishments na as husband and wife - because of hardwork.. we have new business that we manage now, a new car for us (well, mostly because of need in our business), 2 house we maintain (not in full naman), we have a house too (i have no siblings so house n naman tong house ng parents ko)... Just thank God for all the blessings..

shadraniaj

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »

Ako, I have no choice..hehe  ;D Wala kasi mag-aalaga sa baby ko kaya dito lang muna ako sa bahay. Pero kahit SAHM ako meron pa rin naman ako income, nagp-payroll ako every week for the employees of my SIL. :) Hawak ko oras ko and naalagaan ko pa ng maayos baby ko. :)

joluessi

• How wonDERFul life is, now you're in the world...
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Once Upon a Girl
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2010, 05:07:34 pm »

I'm currently working.. But given a choice, I would love to be a work-at-home mom nalang.. I want to spend my time with my growing baby boy.. At the same time, may income pa din to share with the expenses..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10