Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Poll

If you have a choice, you'd be a: (by syndyela)

Stay At Home Mom
- 23 (32.4%)
Work At Home Mom
- 36 (50.7%)
Career Woman
- 12 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: All About Being a SAHM/WAHM  (Read 51843 times)

syndyela

• Happy to relate with SP moms! :)
    • View Profile
    • Soulary
Is it your choice to be SAHM or career woman? (No ads pls.)
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2010, 09:46:00 pm »

For mommies out there, is it your choice to be SAHM or career woman, o pinag-usapan nyo ba yun ng hubby nyo, or napilitan lang kayo?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:18:03 pm by Tiger Lily »

tiny_little_mom

• View Profile
Re: Is it your choice to be SAHM or career woman?
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2010, 10:05:13 pm »

If I had a choice, I'd be working right now. Pero wala akong choice dahil walang mag-aalaga kay baby. So since I have the chance to be SAHM right now, I'm loving every moment I get to spend with my son. Alam ko naman na sooner or later I'll have to work again so I can ensure a bright future for him.
"you will always be my little angel and I will always be your proud mom"

♥_caramel_♥

• i LOVE my family ,especially, my beloved son AIDAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2010, 10:20:10 pm »

ako nagwowork na ko nung nabuntis ako kaya gora pa rin po sa work ko ,. i am supporting my mom who's taking care of my baby eh, yung hubby ko naman eh walang work as in uyng family business lang ang ikinabubuhay niya hehe kaya kayod to the max for my son and for my family (mom and brother)  8) ,., ok lang , masaya din akong napapasaya ko mom ko kasi ang laki ng hirap niya tapos nabuntis ako, but good thing ok na lahat  ;) ,. tsaka ayoko din naman po na matagal nakatengga sa bahay kasi sayang ang pinag-aralan ko ,.  ;D
  [move]

soleil_ilove

• "what you see is what you get."
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2010, 11:11:04 pm »

At first it was not a choice to be a SAHM,need ko lang resign nung first baby ko because i had a difficult pregnancy then after a while ive worked again and then i got pregnant with my second baby so i resigned again dahil maselan ako magbuntis this time i decided na to be a SAHM.At first it was not easy kase sayang pinagaralan tapos andun ka lang sa bahay,i must admit there was a time na parang ayoko na especially nung maliit pa babies ko as in naiiyak na ako pero as time passed,tama si sis tiny little mom na you will learn to enjoy it din pala especially when you see your kids grow up to be healthy and happy.It is a nice feeling na you see yourself in them and you tell yourself na there is a big part of you in them.Until now im still amazed how I ever took care of them and now I see them growing up before my eyes.Just so thankful im given this privilege of being a SAHM,a role ill never trade to anything in this world. :) :) :)

celganda

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2010, 11:25:00 pm »

Hi Mommy, choice ko to be a SAHM. I was offered a part-time job before and that meant I had to look for a caregiver for my baby. I felt anxious about it. My hubby and I had a talk about whether or not I should take the job. I just decided to continue being a SAHM. I thought that it wasn't worth is to leave my son to strangers just for the little bit of extra income that I'll be taking home. I also felt sad knowing that I won't really be with my son as much as I want to if I was also working. And that in essense, I won't be raising him anymore if he will be spending a LOT of his time with someone else. ;) Sana kung doble pa sa kinikita ng asawa ko ang kikitain ko, baka tinuloy ko na lang ang work. Napag isip isipan ko din na minsan lang naman magiging ganito kaliit ang anak ko kaya lulubusin ko na habang may pagkakataon naman na makasama ko sha full time. Yang work naman pwede uli applyan pag malaki na si baby.  :)

Mommy France

• Lucky to be loved by 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2010, 09:55:59 am »

It was a mutual decision for I to stay working.
We felt kasi na i needed to stay working because kakasimula ng family and it would be better for the family to have 2 income generating members - than just one.

Although na-fe-feel ko na rin yung need to stay home and just work there pero hindi pa talaga kaya.

Decision making comes from the both of us talaga. para walang sisihan. :)
I am not perfect but I try my best to make the most of what God gave me.
Bad things may happen to me, but I will always come out of it with my head up high. Why? Because I know that I did the things I can control the right way. And the things I can't control, I leave it up to God's will.

mamacyd

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2010, 11:51:30 am »

its my choice to be a full time working mom. kasi mahirap buhay ngayon kung isa lang magttrabaho samin with all the expenses we incur every month. but if a had another choice.. i want to be a WAHM. wala lang talaga ko maisip na sideline na ok ngayon kaya tiis2 muna sa office work.  :)

insensitive

• i didn't know i was capable of feeling so much...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:53 am »

its my choice...because i have no choice pala haha.walang work si hubby and since wala namang yaya napagusapan namin na sya muna alaga until mag 1year old si baby, and good news sabi ng mother ko sya daw alaga kay baby starting september pra mkapagwork na let si hubby..ayun po :)

kidsrepublik

• mommypreneur for hubby and baby
    • View Profile
    • Diapers and Clothes for Kiddos
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2010, 01:37:13 pm »

Gusto ko maging SAHM, from the time I got pregnant. But I decided to stay since ok naman promotion ko and self development na ren having my career. I'm blessed having my Mom coz she takes care our baby. Hatid sundo namen siya ni hubby sa house ng parents ko.
If I choose to be a SAHM or not, future pa ren ng family ko nakasalalay. One way or the other kelangan ng sacrifices, I just have to choose what's best for us. I know my baby is in good hands while kami ni hubby naman tulungan in building our dreams.  :)

mommameya

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2010, 07:18:31 pm »

hi mommies! I used to work and dreamt of being a working mom. But when my daughter was 10 month old her yaya didn't go back from her day off so i have no choice but resign nalang. From then, with my husbands joy of seeing our daughter beeing taken care well by me, my joy and having peace of mind while staying home w/ our daughter and not working made us decide that i'll be a SAHM. I often felt useless for not having to help financially but i then realized that it's like choosing between my own income versus being there for our daughter. It'll break my heart not to see her developments and her firsts. So far, for more than 2 years of being a SAHM, i love it coz i get to take care of my princess and my husband. It's really priceless!
"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward"

syndyela

• View Profile
    • Soulary
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2010, 08:59:03 pm »

Hi mommies! It's facinating to know that mommies have different choices and views on motherhood.  Because of this, I added a poll on this thread, please have time to vote nalang po on it.  Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:08:46 pm by syndyela »

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2010, 09:47:46 am »

if given a chance, i would rather be a stay-at-home working mom.  but since i have long been an employee of the company where i've been working and the benefits are great, i decided to keep my job.

here are the reasons i chose to be a career woman:
1.  hubby's a practicing lawyer. with his kind of personality (short-tempered and grumpy) plus stressful job, i may never know 3 or 5 or 10 years from now if he'd still be this healthy.  so for financial security reasons, i decided to keep on working.

2.  for self-actualization.  what's the use of studying hard if i'm not going to put it into practice?

3.  i get to buy what i need and what i want (without having to ask from hubby).  though i don't spend anything for the household needs, i still pitch in some projects for the house.  and i get to buy expensive educational toys for the kids.

with the scarcity and low quality of yayas and helpers, it's hard to get by but somehow we've managed.  i trained my daughters early enough to be independent.  at age 3, they don't need a yaya, just someone who will supervise their diet and assist them on their needs.
mariann[move]

keih liwanag

• ANNE KEIR.. the HAPPINESS beyond our HAPPINESS!
    • View Profile
    • my multiply
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2010, 09:49:55 am »

yes, it's my choice to be a career woman. someday soon perhaps, baka mag-iba na decision ko and will choose to stay at home narin.
Being a mom is deciding forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

syndyela

• View Profile
    • Soulary
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2010, 11:27:03 am »

I'm a career woman right now...and it's 70% not my idea to be in a corporate world again.  I think I'm not really made for corporate culture kasi more than 5 years na akong nagwowork, pero stuck pa rin ako in rank and file level...kasi hindi ako sipsip, hindi malakas ang personality ko.  Masyado kong mabait for a corporate world.  Kaya iniisip ko nalang mas gusto ko sa house nalang ako or create my own business wherein I can be my own boss.

But right now I'm still working because it's what my husband likes...it's what my family and my husband's family likes me to be---  corporate person.  Hindi lang nila talaga maintindihan na my personality does not fit the mala-survivor (minsan dirty tactics talaga) world of corporate.  My values does not align with it.

Siguro kapag makapag-ipon ipon ako ng konti from my bonuses, I'll retire na as career woman...siguro pag mag-30 na ako. :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:20:22 pm by syndyela »

iyatedi

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2010, 02:16:42 pm »

If i have a choice, i choose to be a SAHM..mas may satisfaction for me ang maging nanay sa anak ko than a career..when i had a miscarriage, for a while naging SAHM ako..kaso umaaray si hubby sa expenses coz we have a house amortization to pay..kaya back to work uli..kaya ngayon todo kayod to pay off our debts..para mas mabilis din makaipon..have at least a passive income..para makapagretire ng mas maaga
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10