embed embed2

Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

watch now
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Skills training for maids and yaya  (Read 24955 times)

Bru

• View Profile
Skills training for maids and yaya
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:01:34 pm »

Hi SP Moms!
Just want to know, have you send your kids yaya to a yaya training/workshop? Saan po and how much? Ano feedback? I'm planning to send my baby's yaya sana. Hope you can help me.  :)

switlass

• View Profile
    • Civimom
Re: Training for yaya?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:17:10 am »

Hi sis :) All our yaya's go to my mom for training. Walang bayad :D hehe.

My sister naman enrolled her yaya sa community center, they offered kasi several classes (Cooking, gardening and some other stuff) Php1,500 ata for 2 sessions. But my sister only did that kasi matagal na yung yaya niya sa kanila. I doubt she would've kung less than a year yun.

Check with your Barangay center or the nearest hospital (Like Asian has a series of baby programs now) kasi minsan meron sila. :)
Home Based Transcribers Needed

http://www.civimom.com

Bru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 12:25:37 pm »

Thank you mommy switlass! Hahaha... sa probinsya kasi mama ko kaya ako lang talaga.

Hmmm... Sa center meron? Hindi ko alam yon ah. Sa internet lang kasi ako naghahanap. ;)

switlass

• View Profile
    • Civimom
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 01:47:39 pm »

Iba iba lang, go to your barangay :)
Home Based Transcribers Needed

http://www.civimom.com

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 02:30:22 pm »

I would advice din to let her take first aid seminar by red cross. Inquire at your nearest red cross provincial office. taglish naman ang seminar ng red cross pero ang test/exam, english ang medium. Sana nakakaintindi siyang english. Walang bayad ang redcross. Donation lang. Magagamit niya ang first aid skills kahit wala na siya sa inyo. What's best is, mawawala ang mga maling akala when it comes to providing treatment like kung mataas ang lagnat ng bata or pag napaso.
Sa barangay namin, they sometimes offer free basic computer skills. Minsan naman soap making and massage. Sana sa barangay niyo rin.

mgporprecio

• View Profile
Skills training for maids and yaya
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 03:12:19 pm »

Hi mommies, I'm currently studying the feasibility of opening a maids training services. Kasi madalas naiinis tayo sa mga maids kapag di ok ang linis sa bahay or paulit-ulit lang ang luto niya, etc. But then we don't have the time to train her pa. What if there is a school for maids? Will you spend and send your maid for a training? How much are you willing to spend? What are the specific skills that you want her to learn? Hope to get your valuable inputs....

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:19:47 pm by mgporprecio »

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
Re: Skills training for maids and yaya
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 04:26:52 pm »

with the kind of helpers nowadays,  speaking on behalf of an employer, i believe it's not practical to enrol them for training.  you'll just spend for nothing dahil hindi naman sila tatagal with you forever. 

but if you'll put up an institution wherein you will train helpers then give them a certificate which they can use in applying for a job, then i guess that would be feasible.  but most probably they'd use that certificate to apply for jobs abroad. 

i didn't find it hard to train my helpers because i have my own manual at homework schedules and processes are all there.  i only have to check if they have been implemented.  i only hand them the manual an show them the process once.  i give allowance in doing it right until 3 times, then aandar na ang bunganga ko pag hindi pa rin makuha.  in short, tan** na talaga ang hindi makakakuha ng ganun kasimple na process. 

it only took me one time to make that manual then viola!  kahit magpalit pa ko ng helpers every month, walang problema.
mariann[move]

prima mama

• my baby sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 06:40:00 pm »

with the kind of helpers nowadays,  speaking on behalf of an employer, i believe it's not practical to enrol them for training.  you'll just spend for nothing dahil hindi naman sila tatagal with you forever. 

but if you'll put up an institution wherein you will train helpers then give them a certificate which they can use in applying for a job, then i guess that would be feasible.  but most probably they'd use that certificate to apply for jobs abroad. 

i didn't find it hard to train my helpers because i have my own manual at homework schedules and processes are all there.  i only have to check if they have been implemented.  i only hand them the manual an show them the process once.  i give allowance in doing it right until 3 times, then aandar na ang bunganga ko pag hindi pa rin makuha.  in short, tan** na talaga ang hindi makakakuha ng ganun kasimple na process. 

it only took me one time to make that manual then viola!  kahit magpalit pa ko ng helpers every month, walang problema.

sis maybe u can the manual with us so we could have an idea. thanks!

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »

the manual would depend on how you manage your household sis.  it's not really a book, it's just a 3-4 page papers posted on the kitchen cabinet and on their cabinet inside their room.

my outline is:
A.  Daily Routine - what they should do from the time they wake up until the end of day
it also shows who's in charge of a certain task.

for example:

• 5:00 am - wake up, wash hands and face
  • 5:05 am - cook rice (helper's name), cook viand (helper's name)
  • 5:30 am - boil water for bath (helper's name)
these are just some routines in the morning, also includes who will set the table, who will prepare the baon, who will assist the kids, etc.

B.  Weekly and Bi-Weekly Routines - includes changing of towels, changing of beddings, defrosting of ref, etc. 

C.  Monthly Routines - includes changing of curtains, clean up of grocery cabinets, and other areas, etc.

washing clothes is every odd days of the month - (1,3,5,7...)
includes who will collect the used/dirty clothes, who will load into the washing machine, who will rinse, who will hang the clothes.

ironing is every TThS - states who will iron, who will fold.

if they couldn't get the instruction verbally, i write the process.   i remind if guidelines were not followed.   i see to it that tasks were divided equally and stated on the schedule.  i know how difficult or easy a task is because i've been through doing all of them when helpers were so scant.

i have the schedule for 2 helpers, i also have it for 3.

my number one instruction is always:  when in doubt, ASK. 
mariann[move]

mushroomskitchen

• View Profile
Cooking Classes for yayas and household help/maids
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 01:00:07 am »

For yayas and household help/maids cooking classes go to 25 Mushrooms Kitchen
We offer cooking classes for Japanese, Thai, Chinese, American, French, Vietnamese Cusine, Healthy Lifestyle
contact nos. 6314822/09178272525 Gina/Rochelle
Only P1100/day 
We take the stress out of teaching yayas/househelp how to prepare delicious and nutritious meals for your family!

Check our facebook site
https://www.facebook.com/pages/25-Mushrooms-Kitchen/265457242131?ref=ts

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 10:53:16 pm »

For all Yayas, I would recommend values formation classes that will tackle issues such as the proper attitude, professionalism, dignity of work and pride in their profession.

Click here to read more about spiritual or religious seminars, classes on health and safety and getting your yaya into the habit of reading.
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/about-yaya/Seminars-for-Yaya

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 10:13:08 pm »

Arm your helpers with first aid basics that are crucial, should emergencies and calamities arise. Attend the Basic First Aid / Crime Prevention / Safety Concerns Yaya Seminar  on Saturday, July 28
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/travel-trips-activities/family-weekender-guide-things-to-do-on-july-27-to-29/page/3

haileycallieriley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 04:37:37 pm »

Hi moms! For those in the south - pque/laspinas/alabang/laguna/cavite area try
Try the "Bringing out the best in your Yaya/Household Helper
At Venture Lab Resource Center. The resource person is a nurse
And a preschool teacher.
Address is at 4J Westgate Tower Madrigal Business Park Alabang Munt.
Contact number is 09178208828.
Their website is VentureLab.ph

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 02:15:40 am »

If you want to have peace of mind about yaya’s skills in caring for your child, send her this Saturday, April 6, to Medela Moms’ Yaya Seminar for Toddlers from 3 to 5 pm at the Medela House. Topics to be discussed include child safety, bathing and dressing, food preparation, among others.

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/travel-trips-activities/family-weekender-guide-things-to-do-on-april-5-to-7

heartm3

• View Profile
looking for workshop for yaya
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 11:23:53 am »

There will be a "teacher yaya workshop" this september 21 at medela house, when i saw it here in sp ad, i got interested, but im not available for that date so i cannot register.

Anyone knows where i can send my son's yaya for a training/workshop around quezon city?
Thank you soo much.
Pages: [1] 2

Close