Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: All about potty training  (Read 151739 times)

prettymamie

• ~ il mio piccolo principe, il mio Klyne ~
    • View Profile
Re: how to toilet train a baby?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 11:38:35 am »

my son is now 1 yr and 5 mos and i thought its still early to potty trained him. gosh! hindi pala..at sa mga nabasa ko dito we're a little late na pla to think that other moms trained their child at around 2 to 3 mos old..whoa! is that really true? ang galing naman..

well you had given me the idea to at least try my tots to go potty training na rin.
thanks mga mommies..
I love you, you love me
We are happy family
with a great big hug
and a kiss from me to you
wont you say
You love me too!!!

daphnezabala

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 01:06:05 pm »

We started to train our son, Paco, to make weewee and poopoo in the CR when he turned 3 last December (medyo late na, but I felt that he would be mature enough by then).  What we did was that we first bought him some new briefies with the designs of his favorite cartoon characters, which he loved to wear and we lined it up with lampin cloth.  At the same time, whenever his papa goes to the CR, when make him go along as well so he can see how it is done.  The same thing with poopoo, we show him how it is done.  In addition, we remind him as many as (can't count already) times to tell us if he wants to make poopoo or weewee.  We also observed his pikoykoy if needs to make weewee and we discuss with him the benefits of doing these things in the CR (Anak, it's because it's dirty, yucky and mabaho.  If you do it in your briefy, you will be mabaho).

Then, when we saw (after around 7 months) that he already tells us when he wants to do it.  We removed the lampin material and let him run around the house in his briefies na lang.  Then, just 2 months ago, we experimented and allowed him to leave the house (go to school, malling) with his briefies only.  Sobrang nerbiyos ako.  I told his yaya to take him to the CR before classes start and we go to the CR every 30minutes (I must have spent P50 at the paid CRs in one day).  The only time Paco wears disposable diapers is when he's asleep at night.

Nowadays, he's so used to going to the CR (and he loves washing his hands) that he forces us to bring him there even when he's wearing diapers at night.  But there was once when na weewee siya in his briefy.  It was because he loved playing with his new toys that he makes pagpipigil.  We told him that "it's bad to make pigil because he might get sick"  or "if he makes weewee / poopoo in his briefy again, I'll have to make him wear lampin again.  And that doesn't look nice on a little boy."

For us, it always helps to explain the consequences of all our actions.
Wife, mother and a very beautiful person.

b a v e

• *** my wish ***i
    • View Profile
    • Just Cool Qualities
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 11:06:17 pm »

my aunt from London who was once a nannie told me that we can toilet train the babies as young as 6 months old. Create a routine like 5 mins. intervals of going to the CR so you will know when the baby makes pee or poop.

Creating routine really makes an effective way! I tried it. Like every time we wake up I breastfeed my baby and while watching TV my baby becomes silent and making his moment habang nakadapa.

Recently we just tried him sit on the trainer with his nappy on and there he makes his poop. I think its just a matter of association with things and timing.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 08:11:04 am »

Thanks for sharing bave. Possible pala talaga siya. Nakakatamad lang na bumangon agad sa umaga to make him pupu sa CR. Maybe I should try it for a week and see if the "association" works.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

diana.dizon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 08:13:57 am »

Hello Mommies,

My daughter is 4 years old already .. wala na ako problem sa kanya sa daytime ...  since she started schooling at the age of 2yrs old .. hindi na siya nagdiaper  kapag daytime .. ang problem ko na lang sa gabi ...  sinubukan ko na yung tinuro ng sister ko na after magmilk magCR muna siya para magwee wee ... then hindi ko na nilagyan ng diaper .. pero ganun pa din pagdating ng madaling aaraw naiihi siya sa undies niya ....

help naman mga mommies kasi gusto ko na siya masanay ng hindi nagdiaper sa gabi eh ....

Thanks in advance.

Mommy Dianne

snayciemith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 05:49:35 pm »

Thank's for the info. I need to train my baby boy na rin pala.  Kaso lang di pa sya nag walk. Am waiting sana na mag walk muna sya bago ko sya i train.

youngmom

• Macky
    • View Profile
    • youngmom at multiply
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2008, 10:46:38 am »

nice naman to potty train babies at an early age.mukhang it really takes a lot of effort and patience.gusto ko na din i-potty train baby ko mag 6 months na this month pero di pa kc regular bowel movements niya.minsan days ang interval,minsan naman everyday niya nagagawa(minsan pa nga twice a day ;D). yung wiwi niya it comes after pupu and feedings.gusto ko din makatipid sa diapers.

a tip to all mommies na gusto i-train babies nila not to pee at night.when they accidentally pee at night on the bed,wag mo daw papagalitan kc mauulit lang daw lalo kc na-ppressure sila not to do it-so they ended up doing it.pagsabihan ng maaus but never shout or yung pagalit.a family friend of ours,ganito ginagawa niya sa anak niya to train him not to pee sa bed-at night before going to sleep,mag pee muna sa c.r then nag set siya ng alarm sa madaling araw to wake his son up to pee.it works naman.but it really takes effort and perseverance.pag pagod or stress yung bata before matulog,(for example maraming activities for the day,galing byahe,or napagalitan)dun lang siya nagkakamali,nag wiwiwi siya sa bed.
please invite me at http://glacia14.multiply.com/

prettyalthea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 08:39:06 am »

I am having a hard time potty training my daughter.

I think she already knows when she will go... because when she needs to pee or poop, she always gets off the bed or her playpen... She still cant talk at 19 mos., but then at least, i know when she has to go because of her actions... The problem is when i try to put her on her potty, she holds back the weewee or the poopoo :(

I told my yaya to let her sit in her potty everytime she pee or poop... but my yaya always claims that she cant tell when my baby is doing it! I told her to pay attention to her... that she always gets off her playpen, etc. I think my yaya is just making excuses. How can I make her help me in potty training my baby. M a working mom so i am not always around to supervise my yaya and its hard if i am the only one training her.

youngmom

• Macky
    • View Profile
    • youngmom at multiply
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 01:07:35 pm »

I am having a hard time potty training my daughter.

I think she already knows when she will go... because when she needs to pee or poop, she always gets off the bed or her playpen... She still cant talk at 19 mos., but then at least, i know when she has to go because of her actions... The problem is when i try to put her on her potty, she holds back the weewee or the poopoo :(

I told my yaya to let her sit in her potty everytime she pee or poop... but my yaya always claims that she cant tell when my baby is doing it! I told her to pay attention to her... that she always gets off her playpen, etc. I think my yaya is just making excuses. How can I make her help me in potty training my baby. M a working mom so i am not always around to supervise my yaya and its hard if i am the only one training her.

tell the yaya to make hissing sounds para maka pee si baby.toilet training a baby really takes effort and perseverance.educate the yaya.di pwede tatamad tamad kaya nga siya binabayaran e hehe.rude ba?tama naman diba? ;D pagtyagaan ang bata kung gusto matuto at habang maaga pa. ;D then,when you have the time,teach her the same way para hindi malito si baby. :)

mamashao

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »

well sad to say my son who is 4 yrs old now still using diapers whenver he poopoo, as in yun lang talaga, ayaw niya sa toilet ewan ko ba kung bakit, one time tiniis ko na wag idiaper and guess what hindi talaga sya nagpopoo naaawa naman ako so since then naka diaper pa din sya..hhaaaaay! ano ba dapat ko gawin? please share or help me naman...

mom mitch

hi mitch! my eldest  is also like dat, when she's was 3 years old she dont want to poops anywhere,just in her diaper, nakaka awa nga kc she kip in crying when ever I tell her, that she should  poops in the toilet.

until one day when her cousin drop by in our hauz, ngulat na lang ako, when she said mama I want to poopoo in the toilet na!! huh!.. ??? I didnt ask, kc bka mamaya ayaw na ulit..  un pala..xe cnabihan daw sya ng cousin niya she should poopoo on the toilet na.. xe  she's big girl na.

and thats it!! since then she never poopoo in the diaper. hehe..

aileen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 03:14:31 pm »

it's really hard to toilet train our children. i tried to toilet train my daughter when she turned one last dec. we let her sit on the potty trainer or sometimes on the toilet bowl. to no avail. sometimes, she stood up from the potty trainer, walk a few steps and made wee-wee on the floor. we don't force her (as per pedia's instructions). actually, maaga pa nga raw for her to toilet train.

as to my two boys, i successfully toilet trained them when they turned one. during the day, we always keep a "tabo" nearby. while in his briefs, we just put the crotch of the brief to one side (hindi na binababa) put the "tabo"  underneath and made the "sh-sh" sound. we do it every 15 or 20 minutes. sometimes, may lumalabas. sometimes, wala. basta masanay lang na umihi. at night naman, hindi na kami nagda-diaper. they make wee-wee before going to bed then at around midnight, papatayuin ko sila sa bed. i place the "handy" tabo under and make the "sh-sh" sound. usually, successful silang mag-weewee. then i do it again around 3am or 4am.

like what youngmom said, it takes a lot of sacrifice (on our part kasi we have to wake up in the middle of the night and in the wee hours of the morning) and patience to successfully toilet train our kids.

judging from the discussions before me, i guess, maaga pa nga for me to train my daughter. still perseverance is a must.

youngmom

• Macky
    • View Profile
    • youngmom at multiply
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 07:28:52 pm »

siguro advance lang talaga boys sa physical development kesa sa girls kaya mas madali turuan. :D

maphine

• The Baby of My Dreams!^_^
    • View Profile
    • Metro Tacloban
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 12:10:22 pm »

Haaay naku,nainsecure tuloy ako sa inyo,To think na as early as 5-6 months napotty train nyo na kids nyo.Me talaga is having difficulty to do that kasi di naman regular ang pagpoop ni baby.So i can't monitor it sa chart.Mahirap kasi today mapoop sya eh sunod nyan a day after or two or three,basta di sya regular.Sa pagwee-wee naman Sobra syang mgwee-wee.

But it was always possible for you mommies,why can't I? ;)

Later I'll start training him na.Kasi as early as 8months ngbuy na kami ng bowl for him pero ginagawa lang nyang lalagyan ng toys niya o di kaya hehe.
Thanks mommies you encouraged me so much.

Nga pala,I wasn't inteested though to train my kid kasi sabi naman ng isang nurse friend ko na 1 1/2 years pa ok itrain ang kid,kasi it can walk na and can create baby talk if he/she wants to poop or pee already....

momi of lorian

• View Profile
    • http://lilypie.com/pic/080821/sBke.jpg
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 03:45:09 am »

my daughter is 3years old sa gabi my pampers parin sya ang ang problem ko ngayon pag popo sya ayaw niya pag di pampers so magsasabi sya if popo sya para lagyan sya pampers otherwise di sya popo kakaawa naman..... hay i dont know what to do.....

laisa

• our Nefertiri.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 09:21:35 am »

my daughter is already toilet trained last month lang, she's 1 year 9 months then...pero before that,as in pahirapan din talaga kami..ayaw niya mgwiwi kung tanggalin mo panty niya, hinohold niya..meron png times, halos half day hndi siya ngwiwiwi..kktakot... pero i told sa yaya niya na, from time to time e mgwiwi sila, kahit hndi siya nwiwiwi pra she'll get used to the idea n pag ngwiwiwi hndi dapat sa panty.. nkktulong din yung sabayan mo sya minsan, ganun gngawa ko tuwing weekends, sabay kami ngwiwiwi, cmpre sa banyo floor nga lang, pra mkita niya..after nun, ayaw n nila yung feeling ng wet ang panty, kaya sasabihin n nla..

ganun din sa popo, pag umupo n siya, binubuhat ko n siya agad pra dalhin sa potty niya, then i give her something n hahawakan niya pra hndi niya mpansin n nkaupo n siya sa potty, kasi before, sa sobrang pilit kong sa potty siya mgwiwi e ntakot ata...hahaha! pero now, ok n... sa gabi n din kami ngdiadiaper, bsta before going to bed, pinapawiwi ko siya then pgkasing diretso agad sa potty..

pero ang development ng bata kasi, it ranges..matututo din yan, habng lalo mong pinipilit, ayaw gwin..
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 09:24:25 am by laisa »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30