Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: All about Injectables  (Read 314861 times)

mommyehden

• View Profile
Re: All about Injectables
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 03:35:14 pm »

Hi!

I was in depo-rovera before. kAya lang nung bumili ako sa mercury last month, phased out na daw sya. So I went to consult an OB through medicard, ang binigay niya skin lyndavel pero she charged me for P400.

Nakakainins when I found out na mura lang pala yun. Siguro hihingi na lang ako ng prescription for lyndavel then I would ask my nurse friend na sya na lang mag inject sken.

ZZmom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 07:10:47 am »

hi... (just signed in and this is my 1st post!).  :)
gusto ko rin sana mag-injectibles (cant have the pills, makakalimutin ako), tanong lang.
kapag pumunta ba ako ng OB then inquired and requested about it, will she administer it right away?
or ano po ba ang kailangan before the injection? like: kailangan hindi ka pa nagkakaroon or dapat a few days before dumating ang period?
mura lang pala ang injectibles ano? at every 3 mos lang? tama ba?

thank you.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 07:19:52 am by ZZmom »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 08:20:02 am »

My OB required me to have the injectable on my last 2 days of pills para it will take effect just right after my last pill. Some OBs require a preg test, just show them your kit with a 'negative' indicator. Kasi po delicado ang injectable sa baby when you're pregnant or don't know you're pregnant pala.
The injectable she 1st administered on me, Lyndavel, is only P60+. Recently I learned direct pala yung nabibili sa mga med reps. Depotrust, made by the same manufacturer is much widely available at Watsons and some Mercury Drug outlets for P108.
Mahal ang 1st shot kasi your OB charges fees. Like mommyehden, my OB charges P400 din but I got a discount kaya P300 lang binayad ko. Ask her to give you a prescription so you can have someone administer it on you the next time. I had my following shot done by a nurse at our barangay health center. I bought my own vial.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

momi of lorian

• View Profile
    • http://lilypie.com/pic/080821/sBke.jpg
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 12:58:37 am »

hi mga mommies share ko lang yung email sakin nang friend ko..... thanks....

In the past week, Nicole Dishuk, aged 31 a newly graduated student with
a doctoral degree who's about to start her new career as a Doctor, was
flown into a nearby hospital, because she had passed out.

They found a blood clot in her neck, and immediately took her by
helicopter to the ER to operate. By the time they removed the right half
of her skull to relieve the pressure on her brain; the clot had spread
to her brain causing severe damage.

>From last Wednesday night, she had been battling. They induced her into
a coma to stop the blood flow, operated 3 times and finally, they said
there was nothing left that they could do. They found multiple clots in
the left side of her brain. The swelling would not stop, and she was on
life support.

She died at 4:30 yesterday. She leaves behind a husband, 2 year old
Brandon and 4 year old Justin. The CAUSE of DEATH - A birth control
injection she was getting that allows you to only have your period three
times a year. It interrupts your menstrual cycle, and although it is FDA
approved, it shouldn't be!

So to the women in my address book - I ask you to boycott this product &
deal with your cycle once a month so that you can live the rest of your
life in a healthier manner. Remember, you have a CYCLE for a reason....
Please send this to every woman you know - you may save someone's
Life...

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out
there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out
there is.

Life is a journey, not a destination. ..

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 08:37:30 am »

I've heard this story before but would like to get more substantial info than just a story without reference. Thanks for sharing this. It's worth finding out if it's true.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

marialuda_caluza@yahoo.co

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 03:28:19 pm »

:)Hello there! it's my 1st time to post..kareregister ko lang..nagtry ako ng TRUST pills pro stop ko din..pra kasi akong nahihilo...gun din ba kpag injectibles?

gailey

• View Profile
    • Nappy Tales
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 03:45:33 pm »

i had my 1st shot nung nag 1 month baby ko and 500 binayad ko kasi yung prof fee nga. pero upto now wala pa rin akong monthly dalaw kasi siguro im breastfeeding din (almost 6 months na wala). since 1's a year lang naman umuuwi hubby ko (ofw) 1s a year lang ako pa inject.

helpfull yung info na share mo mommy jazz pwede naman palang humingi nalang tayo ng prescription or punta ng barangay ;)
nappytales.blogspot.com

jayeshael

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 03:48:50 pm »

:)Hello there! it's my 1st time to post..kareregister ko lang..nagtry ako ng TRUST pills pro stop ko din..pra kasi akong nahihilo...gun din ba kpag injectibles?
first time ko lang din gumamit ng pills (diane35) at first ang tindi ng hilo kala ko lang din eh ngkataon lang.. then when i take the other day ganun na naman.. then i ask friends, normal lang daw yung ganung effect lao na first time after sometime dko na napansin nsanay na lang cgro :P. i havnt tried injectibles.

mitch

• i love my kids so much
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 04:03:22 pm »

ako din im into pills right now,,kaya lang parang husstle na sya eh at pricey din ha imagine every month buy ako nang pills worth of 300+yung mercillon gamit ko,,,gusto ko din sana try yang injectible ano po ang mararamdaman 1st time mag use nyan and kagaya din po ba nang pills na lakas magpataba kasi lagi kang gutom ??nu po mga side effect pag inenject sau ??true po ba yung 3months ka daw meron straight and minsan naman 3 months ka wala dalaw ??/help naman mga mommy pls enligthen me !!!!thank in advance :D :D :D

momi rmi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 06:21:25 pm »

hi momsies...
i used to work in an NGO educating on different conctraptive methods... there are many choices (injectables, pills, condoms, NFP, etc) but i suggest that you talk with your OB or health center providers what's best for you and you should be well informed of the pros and cons of each methods and then you select what you think is best for you... as for me i haven't tried any except NFP or shall i say no contact at all...

here is an excerpt from http://www.yourcontraception.com/birth-control-methods/injectables/side-effects-of-injectable-contraception.html

Injectable contraceptives are a rather safe type of birth control they, however, may cause several side-effects which tend to be more obvious than those caused by the use of a birth control pill . The reason for that is a larger dose of hormones than that given by a daily birth control pill. Injectables may cause disappearance of menstruation period for up to one year. Be aware, that statistically only one third of all women using injectable contraceptives have a normal and regular menstrual period during the first year of use. Others tend to experience irregular periods or no menstrual bleeding at all during the first year of use. These side-effects are unfortunately impossible to affect.

Another consideration associated with injectables is the loss of bone mass. Injectables have the effect on the calcium stored in bones. The concentration of the calcium in bones decreases especially during the first year of use. The loss of the calcium from bones causes decrease in bone mass. And although the process is reversible and bone mass normally increases after discontinuation of use there are still some long term concerns of a temporary loss of bone mass. Such women are said to have a higher risk for osteoporosis later in their lives.

Although injectable contraceptives provide some protection against endometrial cancer they, however, increase the risk for some other types of cancers in women. These include increased risk for breast and cervical cancer. Therefore women with family history of breast and cervical cancer are recommended to choose another form of birth control. However, final decision should be made only after a thorough consultation with a doctor.
Other possible complications, associated with the use of injectable contraceptives, include blood clots in legs and lungs, jaundice, allergic reaction and even infertility. Therefore women with liver disease, a history of blood clots or stroke should use another method for birth control.

hope this helps... :)

claire

• Clara, my little princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 09:39:23 pm »

I learned about injectibles on this thread, nag-consult ako sa OB ko yesterday, i am on my 7th month post-partum, medyo nagulat ako kasi sabi ng OB ko every month na daw yung injectibles, she prescribed Depo-Trust, sabi niya effective naman daw, pwede daw magkaroon ng spotting tapos medyo lalakas daw kumain, na-experience nyo po ba ito mga mommies?

please help, every 4 months lang po umuuwi yung dad ng baby ko, 2 months max stay niya dito sa pinas at sa ngayon though gusto na niya masundan yung baby namin, for me ayoko pa, though financially ready naman kami, sa tingin ko emotionally di pa ako ready magkaroon ng isa pang baby, hirap din mag alaga eh, hands-on kasi. nag consult ako sa Ob ko masyado yata naging confusing yung paggamit ng injectibles... i preferred this one kesa sa pills, naging makakalimutin ako when i gave birth. thanks in advance for your replies...
A mother, a wife and a partner...
http://mamboscramble.multiply.com/

mitch

• i love my kids so much
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 02:22:17 pm »

naku sis claire last week naisipan ko din nag mag injectible na lang kasi naman hustle na sakin ang pills kaya lang madami ding sinabi yung OB ko na di kagandahan nang injectable like nakakalakas kumain,yung iba daw meron lagi period yung iba naman daw bigla bigla nagkakaron ang spotting

as my opinion sis sabi mo nga every 4 months lang naman pala umuuwi ang hubby mo eh di mag pills ka nalang a month before ang uwi niya ,buti ka pa nga puede mo stop when your hubby not around di kagaya ko tuloy tuloy kailangan hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

claire

• Clara, my little princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 10:41:20 pm »

thanks sis! siguro nga magpills na ako, mag alarm nalang ako everyday, hehe i want to have more babies natatakot lang kasi ako! ;D ;D ;D hehe di naman, di pa lang ako ready ulit for another baby, after 3-4 years nalang siguro! ;) thanks again mommy mitch!
A mother, a wife and a partner...
http://mamboscramble.multiply.com/

mommyehden

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 02:34:42 pm »

Hi mommies!

Ask ko lang how effective ba ang injectibles....Well, medyo napapraning na kasi ako lately. I was scheduled for a shot last June pero di na ko tumuloy kasi I was planning to shift to oral contraceptives. Sabi sakin dun sa health center, hintayin ko muna na magkaroon ako bago ako mag take ng pills. Up to now hindi pa ako dinadatnan...naka dalawang preg test na nga ako since early July, parehong negative. whew! ayoko pa kasi ma preggy...dalawa na kids ko and turning 3 years old pa lang yung eldest.

Safe naman kami ni hubby since June...kinakabahan lang ako. hehe. ;)

mitch

• i love my kids so much
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 10:29:28 am »

thanks sis! siguro nga magpills na ako, mag alarm nalang ako everyday, hehe i want to have more babies natatakot lang kasi ako! ;D ;D ;D hehe di naman, di pa lang ako ready ulit for another baby, after 3-4 years nalang siguro! ;) thanks again mommy mitch!

your welcome sister ,, :-*

oo naman ang hirap din kaya mag alaga,and isa pa for our health sake din, :D :Dgod bless!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28