Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Announcement: Smart Parenting is giving away prizes like overnight stay at Pico de Loro, car seats from Baby Company, Gymboree membership and more. Just answer the Smart Parenting 2020 Reader Survey to qualify.  Click HERE to answer the survey.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: What I learned today  (Read 31566 times)

keih liwanag

• ANNE KEIR.. the HAPPINESS beyond our HAPPINESS!
    • View Profile
    • my multiply
What I learned today
« on: May 06, 2010, 02:05:02 pm »

Isn’t it a great way to know someone else’s learnings today and if you’re down today, may help you overcome it?

Hmmm… What I learned today…

Yaya and mommy relationship should have limits. I tend to trust a yaya easily and make her feel like a family. But for the second time, I was abused "again" (different yayas). I learned to draw the line next time. Sad but true but definitely will make me a stronger mommy/employer soon!

Mod's note:
"Respect your children. Listen to your children. They are souls encased in little, younger bodies, but they have a lot to teach you if you listen well."
-Jeanette Patindol, author of

Read it on Smart Parenting. How 5 Filipina Children's Book Authors Win Your Child's Heart Click this link:
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/real-parenting/five-filipina-authors-share-stories-from-their-childhood-a1597-20171029-lfrm

Post a question about this topic or share your experience.
Login or register to join this and other discussions! Members get a downloadable freebie upon registration or membership update.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:18:33 pm by Mommyjazz »
Being a mom is deciding forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

malinkelly

• View Profile
Re: What I learned TODAY
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 03:33:45 pm »

^hirap po niyan, kasi meron po talagang ibang yaya na suoer bait at marunong rumespeto yun nga lang parang once in a blue moon na lang sila ngayon, almost lahat hindi masyadong maganda ang ugali,meron pa nga mga nagmamagaling... just be very careful na lang sa pagkakatiwalaan niyo...

Mommy France

• Lucky to be loved by 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 03:47:55 pm »

Today, I learned how to be contented and appreciate every blessing I receive.

Until today, lage na lang ako negative dahil naiinip ako sa maraming bagay. Pero na-realize ko na kaka-nega ko, nao-overlook ko yung everyday blessings namen.
I am not perfect but I try my best to make the most of what God gave me.
Bad things may happen to me, but I will always come out of it with my head up high. Why? Because I know that I did the things I can control the right way. And the things I can't control, I leave it up to God's will.

keih liwanag

• View Profile
    • my multiply
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 03:51:28 pm »

thank you malinkelly. ;)

that's nice mommy france.
Being a mom is deciding forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

♥maarte♥

• ♥scarletbeauty♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 05:31:07 pm »

Today, i learned how to use the Mozilla Firefox.
 - IE lang kasi lagi gamit ko kaya lang super bagal na talaga sa IE kaya try ko yung iba... and it works! mabilis na pag browse ko sa SP.

Today, i also learned na kaya pala wala kaming dinner ni hubby last payday, kasi pala he's saving for the Mother's Day event... yun nga lang i don't know kung anong surprise niya...  ::) he he he...
"love dies when the tongue starts to lie, when the ♥ begins to bleed and the soul pleads for silence."

marianne1230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:47:14 pm »

Isn’t it a great way to know someone else’s learnings today and if you’re down today, may help you overcome it?

Hmmm… What I learned today…

Yaya and mommy relationship should have limits. I tend to trust a yaya easily and make her feel like a family. But for the second time, I was abused "again" (different yayas). I learned to draw the line next time. Sad but true but definitely will make me a stronger mommy/employer soon!

i feel for you..my mom has always been so nice and thus taught me how to be nice to helpers/yayas..but then again.

i've had 2 past yayas for my kid, both abused our kindness too..yung isa pa dun, family namin ha, cousin ng mom ko. even those you have blood relations with can really fool you. we have new yaya now but I am very cautious na.  :) sana this time hndi naman abusado

keih liwanag

• View Profile
    • my multiply
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:34:34 pm »

^ agree sis. this is the way our moms raised us..to be generously kind to helpers. she didn't even want to call them helpers. dapat kasama sa bahay or kapamilya.

pero sometimes have to be strong narin lalo na pag may mga umaabuso. sana she's the yaya you've been waiting for sis. ako naman will search pa for her. haay..

any way... today, i learned that no matter how smooth things are going. something will really go wrong. and we have to be positive even if.

yhamslove®

• I'm a Certified SP (Sisterly-Packaged) Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:40:55 pm »

today, i learned that no matter how busy we are with work, we can still find time to prepare surprises for our loved ones on special days in our own little ways... we just have to really know how to manage our time...
yhamslove  

winter1782

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 09:30:27 am »

my lessons learned this week: "You'll never know what will happen next. One day you will wake up that the only things that is left with you is your faith and family"

septamush

• ME, My Baby AJ and Hubby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 07:44:25 pm »

Tama mommy... kaya ako hindi ko mapagkatiwala sa yaya ang baby namin. Kasi yung first yaya ko ganyan din tinrato ko ng parang family pero ayun ninakawan ang baby ko sa mga christmas money niya na nakalagay sa locker ko... Hay. Taz ng rushes si baby at nalaman ko sa pedia na may bukol pla hindi man lang sinabi na nalaglag kung hindi pa nakita ng pedia yung bukol sa bandang batok

I told myself I will just let yaya take care of him pag andun ako. Maybe pag nakahanap na ako ng work na homebased

Mommy France

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 05:03:05 pm »

Today, I learned that I cannot go ranting all the time. napapagod din ang mga nakakarinig saken. Mahirap maging positive pero at leat ngayon nawawarning-an ko na sarili ko. :)
Bad things may happen to me, but I will always come out of it with my head up high. Why? Because I know that I did the things I can control the right way. And the things I can't control, I leave it up to God's will.

keih liwanag

• View Profile
    • my multiply
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 12:36:48 pm »

just now, i learned to choose my battles  :)

Mommy France

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 11:00:18 am »

I learned that patience and holding back the urge to explode are more rewarding than giving in to your negative emotions.

Zen!

yhamslove®

• I'm a Certified SP (Sisterly-Packaged) Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 11:24:17 am »

Today i learned that not all prayers are granted. Most are gratified and answered when harmonized with thoughts and actions.

Kaya bukas, gigising na talaga ako ng maaga, para hindi ako magmakaawa na sana makaabot ng 8am kung makakasakay pa lang ako ng 7am...  :-[
yhamslove  

insensitive

• i didn't know i was capable of feeling so much...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 05:43:07 pm »

today..i learned that the only constant is change ..hayz
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:11:18 am by mommynicandice »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7