Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: bedwetting  (Read 15764 times)

mavey's_mom

• proud mother of Xian Maverick, my precious one!
    • View Profile
bedwetting
« on: June 04, 2010, 08:25:18 pm »

My nephew is already 8 years old but still uses diaper at night. My son is only 3 years old but doesn't use diapers anymore. What's the best advice for his parents?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:44:22 pm by Mommyjazz »

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs...since the payment is pure love."

pchy

• View Profile
Re: 8 years old still in diapers(at night)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:54:56 pm »

8 years old, grade 3 in school? No na dapat.

Think the child can already understand that he doesn't need it anymore. Or maybe, the parents just thinking of the convenience of waking up to assist son to the bathroom at the middle of the night... hehe kasi my niece- 8 y/o now will only go to the bathroom to wiwi with kasama kasi natatakot pumunta mag-isa sa banyo kaya the mom or the dad will accompany her pag-wiwi sa madaling araw...

Or use arinola muna to train him. :)

KanishaNicole

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:23:21 pm »

aii ganun na hahassle siguro yung maam and dad niya na bumangon sa madaling araw kaya pinapadiaper nalang nila, but my 9 months old baby pinapatrain na namin siya magwiwi and magpoop sa arinola..so far so good naman sa gabi nalang siya nakadiaper, kasi pag nawiwi siya tinuturo niya arinola..hehe
"There
comes a time when a woman needs to stop thinking about her looks and focus her energies on raising her children. This time comes at the moment of conception. A child needs a role model, not a supermodel"

☆♥♡unica hija☆♥♡

• Joshua - the only man constant in my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:25 pm »

if your nephew is still betwetting. have him urinate before sleeping and tell him not to drink anything before going to sleep.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sleep/enuresis.html
[move]

mum_06

• you're my greatest achievement.love you both!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:31:37 am »

sana di na umabot son ko sa ganyang edad na magnappy pa rin.4 years son ko now at still using nappy  tuwing gabi.dami pa rin kasing weewee eh,dati sinubukan kong wag lagyan ng nappy at mag aalarm na lang ako every 2 hours para gisingin sya at paiihiin pero di ako nakatagal kasi minsan late gising ko at basa na ang bed niya..kahit naman paihiin ko sya before matulog,ihi pa rin eh.compare sa pinsan niya na 2 years old pa lang nappy free na..lagi ko din sya kinakausap na sana magising ka if you feel like to pee.sana soon tumanggi na sya magsuot ng nappy..
:) In God we trust :)

nylej20

• mother of twins...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 02:50:14 pm »

what is the standard age ba for potty training?i have a 2 year old twins, boy and girl and its difficult for me to train them..its frustrating.i need some advice thanks!
Happy Mom

magilas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 03:17:38 pm »

there may be both reasons for bed wetting at that age, both physical and psychological (but perhaps more of this). since the boy is already 8 years old, he can control his bladder and knows when he has to go to the bathroom, as he only uses diaper at night. mommies here may be right that it's more of the convenience of the parents not to be awakened also.

arinola, as one suggested here, might be an answer. explaining to the boy how to use the arinola, why he has to use it and the consequences if he doesn't use it should be made.

i suggest that the parents nurture their kid even more but that it would be better if the kid doesn't wear diapers any longer.

as to the best age for potty training, there is another thread here at the forum. there are also readiness signs that babies are ready to be potty trained - does he exhibit signs that he will urinate or move his bowel? does his periods to urinate and move his bowel more or less constant? if yes, then the mom/caregiver can show the baby/babies to the toilet at those hours that he usually urinates and moves his bowel.

pig_tailed_girl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 03:35:09 pm »

Hi mommy
I can relate to this, I still wet my bed when I was until 10 years old. Kala namin psychological, pinacheckup na ko ng mom ko when I was 8, and my doctor prescribed some meds. After a couple of years, and some training as well (such as my mom waking me up in the middle of the night when Im starting to pee/we co-sleep) and may potty potty beside the bed. naging okay na bladder ko

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: bedwetting
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 02:47:45 pm »

Read on this SP article about betwetting. "Normal or Alarming?"
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/toddler/development-child-care/bedwetting-normal-or-alarming
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

carlsant

• View Profile
    • Travelsmart
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 02:48:01 pm »

train the child to wiwi at night before sleeping and konti na lang ang paginom ng water or milk. Effective sya sa nephew ko :)

jealousygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 05:39:29 am »

HI po sissies.. share lang po me.. sa daughter ko po, si mother ko ang matiyaga na gumising in the middle of the night and then kinakarga si baby , para mag wiwi.. Then like mommy KanishaNicole   , gumamit rin po ng arinola,kinakausap po na pag mag wiwi dun na po mag wiwi and sometimes poopsie.. so at the age of 2/ 1 / 2  no more diaper na po..

Errych

• Global Moderator
  • Watch.Wait.Time will unfold & fulfill its purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 02:51:11 am »

Like sis Carlsant, we trained our daughter to pee before going to bed. Luckily, she never had any accidents in bed.  :)

two_angels'_mom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 02:47:21 am »

^yung panganay ko din ganyan sis..i just trained her to pee before going to bed at 2years old no more nappy na..sya na mismo kasi ang umayaw naiinitan siguro..

OT: sis thanks pala nung sat :)

Errych

• Global Moderator
  • Watch.Wait.Time will unfold & fulfill its purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 03:45:58 am »

@sis TTSM: no problem po. sorry, hindi na ko na kapag-stay to help. That sae morning ko lang din ginawa yun kasi may pinuntahan pa kami ni hubby nung friday kaya ngarag. OT.  :)

Anne Mercado

• View Profile
    • Green Eggs & Moms
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 08:57:52 pm »

@mavey's_mom Naku, your nephew shouldn't wear diapers at night anymore. He should pee before bed time and be trained to get up in the middle of the night to pee (several times).

I wrote this potty training guide for younger kids in mind, but maybe it can help your nephew as well: http://greeneggsandmoms.com/potty-training-hello-potty-goodbye-pampers.html
my take on parenting: http://greeneggsandmoms.com
Pages: [1] 2