Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Will my toddler grow up to be gay?  (Read 17194 times)

millette05

• View Profile
    • Luckyfinds
Re: Will my toddler grow up to be gay?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 03:33:54 pm »

Being Gay is a matter of choice though social environment may interfere/play a vital role

I have a brother who used to have a lot of GFs in middle school.  Now he has finally gave up all pretenses and is happy with his choice!

My 32-year old effeminate (he doesn't admit being gay) cousin got married last year and is now a father.  Everyone knows he is gay and most were surprised about his decision to get married.  Both his parents serve as lay ministers in their local church so this should have pressured him to do what is "right as a Catholic".

I think young children identifies with the role model he chooses.  Let's hope that your son identifies with a strong father figure  ;) to ease all your worries 

Mariel Arun

• A happy wife runs a happy home :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 08:59:16 pm »

i think it is important that you ask your hubby to spend a lot of time bonding with your son, this way makakuha siya ng solid inputs on how boys move, dress, etc.

sa akin at kay hubby may mga tito kaming gays, three ang boys namin, I told him to always find time to bond with the kids and simply teach them how boys react, move parang may first hand info sila.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:35:12 pm by happiemommie »
Create happy memories with our kids, its one of the things we'll leave with them, their happy childhood :)

sweet&spice

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 12:28:42 pm »

encourage him to try physical activities/classes like sports. baka wala lang kasing kalarong lalaki yan. mag-bond sila ng daddy niya. baka naman di preference ni baby yan, baka dun lang sya exposed. he's just too young for us to conclude that he is not or he is.

and, i so agree with mommy france's statement:
If ever na maging bading yung anak ko, as long as nakatapos siya, kumikita ng maayos, walang inaapakang tao at hindi umaasa kahit na kanino, OK ako.

i would want descendants. i would want grandchildren, pero in the end, lahat naman ng tao, they do what they want, and if they do what they want responsibly, they would be at their happiest.

wouldn't you rather have a happy responsible child, regardless of preference?  ;D wag na ma-toxic. the worse case scenario, is really, not that worse....basta mabait, walang sakit, responsable at may magandang trabaho.  ;D
When happiness is at the horizon, seize it, call out to it. Claim and decide that it's yours!

FighterDad Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 02:55:16 am »

Hi!

That's quite an amusing post.  Funny.  I have a friend who told his father he liked to play with guns.  Yun pala he meant he wanted to be one of Charlie's Angels.

As a psychologist, there are different viewpoints to how one becomes homosexual.  It's more like a nature versus nurture argument.  Environment or genetics...there are several valid takes on BOTH ends, but in my opinion, it may be biological.  It doesn't mean that there is a "gay gene" or something inherited from you or your husband.  A person could act gay if he was exposed to peers and gay adults as a child, but in the end, turn out as straight as Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Then again, we hear of boys and girls raised in "regular" environments, and they suddenly come out of the closet after college.

The main question is...What's wrong with being gay?  :)

I'm a straight married man with a young toddler.  My son is a solid boy, accepted a Jujitsu intro classes at 2.8, but SERIOUSLY if he turns out to be tutti frutti, there's nothing I can do but love him the way he is, and encourage the positive.

I once was asked by a fellow martial arts practitioner "Pare, ano mas gusto mo...lumaki anak mo barumbado at nambububog, o maging successful na executive tulad ni M.P. (not Pacquiao hah) pero bakla?"

Uh, pretty shallow but it gives you a little foresight.

If your son is going through a phase, which is most likely, just let it go, and don't repress it.  If it turns out it's not a phase, LOVE HIM, TAKE CARE OF HIM.  Guide him.  Mahirap sa magulang na magging iba yung anak nila, pero mas mahirap sa isang bata struggling with a secret, struggling to be different and yet be mainstream.  It's not your fault, it's not his fault.  It's not even a problem.

If it's about wanting an apo, sorry to be frank, but that's what you want.  What about your child should he grow up even straight, and not want children at all?  On the flip side, actor Neil Patrick Harris and his partner have lovely twins.

If you nourish his mind and his manners, no matter what he grows up to be, he'll grow up a DECENT HUMAN BEING.  And I think that supersedes the idea of being gay or straight altogether.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:59:00 am by FighterDad Rob »
"And Hey Dad, here's a riddle for you
find the answer,
There's a reason for the world
You and I.."

The Riddle
Five For Fighting

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 09:55:33 am »

Could your Child be Gay?

New SP homepage article reveals homosexual tendencies can begin to show as early as age 6. If you see them in your child, what would you do?
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/big-kid/behavior/could-your-child-be-gay

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 06:30:17 pm »

I'm teaching my daughter now about respect for gays dahil ayoko lumaki siyang may discrimination sa LGBT. What do I tell her?

_knightwind_

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 09:24:03 pm »

I'm teaching my daughter now about respect for gays dahil ayoko lumaki siyang may discrimination sa LGBT. What do I tell her?

re that matter mommyjazz, I have a 6 year-old daughter and she's starting to ask questions like, "why am I calling my tito as tita?di ba he's male?" (i have a gay brother) and why is he dressing like a woman?..then one time she saw this lesbian and told me " mommy I saw a guy but with a woman's voice"

at first natatawa lang ako sa mga tanong niya.then later on I have to enlighten her slowly regarding that matter since dumadami na ang tanong niya..lumalaki na ang mundong ginagalawan niya at habang lumalaki sya, I know that I can't control the information and observations that she will encounter..

so I told her that even if they are gay or lesbian, they also have feelings and its not correct to laugh or make fun at  them..and that they are like that because they chose to and we have to respect that.we have to respect them especially if mas matanda sila sa'yo at wala nama silang ginagawa sa'yo na bad..

laneyval

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 06:12:33 pm »

Siguro sis iexposed mo sa sports ang anak mo baka sakali tumaas level ng testosterone. :) baka lang kaya nga sya ganyan mag-act dahil ginagaya yung nagaalaga sa kanya. Dapat siguro more bonding time with daddy or kung d pwd si daddy kay lolo or tito or sa ninong? Pero kung ako tatanungin mo conpared sa drug addict t gay, i go for gay nalang maging anak ko. Mostly gays are achiever tapos maalaga sila sa magulang nila. Look at vice ganda, boy abunda, may mga friends din akong gay na sila ang nagmamalasakit sa magulang nila. I just delivered a baby boy 2 weeks ago and naisip ko na yan before pa ko manganak kung pano kung maging gay ang anak ko. And sabi ko nga sa hubby ko sakin ok lang basta napalaki ng mabuting tao.

Agree din ako na pwdeng nababarkada sa gay kaya siguro yung ibang nagiging gay nahahawa din.
Pages: 1 [2]