Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Two-Day Method - Natural, simplest, best of all...it's free!  (Read 53457 times)

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
Two-Day Method - Natural, simplest, best of all...it's free!
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:50:35 pm »

Huwag na maghintay ng menstruation period.  Huwag na magbilang.  Napakadali lang nito, Sa umaga pagkagising (recommended) at pagpunta sa bathroom, Kung may maramdaman na wet or slippery feeling...it means fertile ka.  Kung wala, try to remember kung kahapon may ganitong feeling.  Kung meron, baka fertile ka pa rin today.  Kung wala on both days, hindi ka fertile.

The following is from http://archive.irh.org/RTP-TDM.htm

The TwoDay Method®

The TwoDay Method is a new simple approach to NFP. It relies on a simple algorithm to help women identify when they are fertile, based upon the presence or absence of cervical secretions.

If the woman notices any secretions on the current or previous day, then she is probably fertile today and should not have unprotected intercourse if she wants to avoid pregnancy.
If she notices no secretions today and yesterday (two days in a row without secretions), then she is not fertile today.

Research-to-Practice – The TwoDay Method

The TwoDay Method is a new Fertility Awareness-Based method of family planning that uses cervical secretions as the indicator of fertility. More than 96% effective when used correctly, this method instructs women to monitor daily the presence of secretions to know when pregnancy is most likely. If a woman notices any secretions today or yesterday, she considers herself fertile today.

A user of the Twoday Methods asks herself two questions every day:

• Did I note any secretions today?
• Did I note any secretions yesterday?

If she noticed any secretions today OR yesterday, she is potentially fertile today and should avoid unprotected intercourse today to prevent pregnancy. If she did not notice any secretions today and yesterday (two consecutive dry days), pregnancy is very unlikely today.

TwoDay Method Algorithm

Efficacy

An efficacy trial found that the TDM was more than 96% effective with correct use and more than 86% with typical use among women. These effectiveness rates are similar to those of a number of other user-dependent methods.

Contraceptive Failure of User-Directed Methods*
Correct UseTypical Use
No Method8585
Spermicides1829
Diaphragm616
Condom215
OC.38
Correct UseTypical Use
Standard Days Method  512
TwoDay Method414

*% of women who became pregnant during 1st year of use

Source: Adapted from Contraceptive Technology,
18th edition, 2004

Click here to read more about the TDM Efficacy Study.

Scientific Basis

Secretions are a reliable indicator and factor of fertility. Cervical secretions are necessary for the woman to be fertile. If there are no cervical secretions, she can not be fertile and thus can not become pregnant.

Secretions have several key functions:

• The sperm can live 5 days in woman’s body – but only if the secretions are present. If there are no secretions, the acid environment of the vagina will deteriorate the sperm in minutes.

• When cervical secretions are very fluid (more water, around the day of ovulation), they serve as a medium, which the sperm can navigate very efficiently to go into the uterus. This fluidity allows them to flow down the vaginal walls making them easily noticeable at the opening of the vagina or vulva.

• When secretions have little water content (infertile days), they form a sticky plug at the opening of the cervix, which is impenetrable to sperm. With less water content, secretions do not flow down and are not noticeable.

If secretions are present, she is very likely fertile; and if there are no secretions, pregnancy is unlikely.

Fertile Window

There are 6 days during the menstrual cycle when it is possible for a woman to become pregnant. This is because of the life span of the sperm, which remain viable in the woman’s reproductive tract for up to five days, and the fact that the ovum can be fertilized for up to 24 hours following ovulation. This “window” of fertility will move backwards or forwards, depending on when ovulation actually occurs. Secretions will follow the fertile window wherever it goes, because they are actually part of what generates the window. This leads to higher efficacy of the TwoDay Method because if ovulation happens earlier or later, the woman will be able to notice secretions earlier or later.

Mod's note:
Post a question about this topic or share your experience. 
Login or register to join this and other discussions! Members get a downloadable freebie upon registration or membership update.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:25:03 pm by Mommyjazz »

Julie Mesia

• View Profile
Re: Two-Day Method - Natural, simplest, best of all...it's free
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:44:28 am »

5 days pala makaka live ang sperm inside? ang alam ko within 72 hours lang, then after 72hours if hindi nakapag fertilize, mamamatay na. Where did you get the 5 days Daddy Jojo?

J0

• View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:41:11 am »

Hi,

Honestly, I forgot where I learned that and it has sort of become stock knowledge.  I tried to verify and found this:

"Sperm need favorable cervical mucus in order to survive in the woman’s body. Sperm viability (ability to fertilize) is dependent on the quality of the cervical mucus. When good fertility mucus is present, sperm can live from 3 to 5 days, otherewise sperm die within hours."

http://ldysinger.stjohnsem.edu/THM_544_Marriage/08_Fertility/03_NFP_basics.htm

So 72 hours or three days is correct...but this extends up to 5 days...depending on the quality of the cervical mucus. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:44:08 am by Daddy Jojo »

babylove

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:54:48 am »

Hubby and I really want to use the NFP method. But because I have an irregular menstruation, we find it difficult to choose which NFP method to use. I tried BBT but I always forget to take my temperature on a daily basis plus I couldnt get the required nr of sleep.

This two-day method I think is much easier to use. But Im confused with the types of secretion that my body produces. If the secretion/mucus is yellowish in color and a bit sticky (parang namumuo siya), does it mean Im infertile?

J0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 11:09:29 am »

Hi Babylove,

Nag-Basal Body Temperature (BBT) din kami.  Nakukulitan nga sa akin ang wife ko kasi every 6 AM in the morning noon, I take her temperature.  My objective then was simply to try it out and chart it at http://www.fertilityfriend.com/.  Too bad the trial charting online was only for about two months.

You have an interesting question.  Yes, mucus comes in different types.  Only the egg-white/slippery type mucus can protect and allow the sperm to reach the egg. 

The sticky type of mucus, prevents the sperm from moving and some of it would even serve as a plug and close the opening of the cervix.

Yes, with thick sticky mucus, it's highly possible to be infertile.

Structure of G Mucus, Fig. 11-11: A diagram of the structure of G mucus which acts as a complete barrier to the movement of sperm in the cervical canal.

In the beginning of a normal menstrual cycle shortly after menstruation, the G mucus fills up the cervical canal, and this also occurs after ovulation, acting as a barrier between the vagina and body of uterus. G mucus contains immunoglobulins and other anti-microbial agents, protecting the upper genital organs.3

http://www.naturalfamilyplanning.ie/mucus/gls-p-mucus/

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:20:59 am by Daddy Jojo »

babylove

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 11:17:08 am »

fertilityfriend.com site din ginamit namin before. I posted in your other thread. I was asking for an fb page so I can recommend your topics to my friends.

Thanks very much! This really is a huge help!

tamara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 10:33:35 pm »

nakakalokang mucus mucus ito hahaha! at lagi palang kakapa.ang problem pag nagkamali ng tantya sa mucus/secretion buntis na agad huhu!

lyma17

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 11:51:49 pm »

helo po.. im new here.. ask ko lang po totoo na ang breastfeeding ay nkakatulong para hindi ka mabuntis?

J0

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 06:58:47 am »

Hi Mommy Tamara,

Pwede namang hindi kapain.  Usually pinapakiramdaman na lang ngayon in the morning, when you wake up.  In the past, kinakapa, at io-observe ang sample between thumb and index finger. It is stretched and if it breaks, fertile, if it doesn't and it's sticky, pwedeng not fertile pa rin.

O huwag masyadong solohin ang pag-determine kung fertile day. Okey kung iinvolve si hubby sa fertility observation.

Try mo mag-combine ng methods.  Halimbawa, kung first day ng mensturation ngayong araw, sure nang safe day (medyo messy, pero safe).  Di ba there are times na painful ang menstruation and it would be nice kung intimate kayo hubby and you get a lot of hugs. 

(Yes, involve your husband in your menstruation.  Let him know what you're going through.  This is an opportunity to strengthen your bond)

So from the first day of your menstruation and up to 7 days, safe according to the Standard Days Method (SDM).

Ang Two-Day method ay pwedeng gawin sa Day 8 to 19 ng SDM.  Sa Day 20 and until your next period, you have the option not to check na kasi safe na uli according to SDM.

Hi Lyma17,

Totoo po na ang breastfeeding ay nakakatulong para hindi mabuntis.  Ang tawag sa Natural Family Planning na ito ay Lactational Amenorrhea Method (LAM). I will try to make a new thread about LAM para maging new topic. 

Basically, a woman is meant to breastfeed her baby.  The moment she starts breastfeeding, a signal is sent to the brain and it responds by temporarily stopping the reproductive cycle.  Nursing mode muna. Wala munang schedule to release an egg. There will be no blood that will thicken the walls of the womb.  There will be no cervical mucus.  Therefore, don't expect to have menstruation.  Pwede pa ring may mga mag-operate sa mga ito...pero it will not be enough to get pregnant.

You can use Two-Day Method to observe the possible appearance of mucus.

Experts say that you can be safe until 6 months, but there are studies that's being done to confirm that LAM works until 9 months or more.  The more you breastfeed, the less it is likely to be fertile again immediately (thus no pregnancy).

Further reading:
The Lactational Amenorrhea Method (LAM): Another Choice for Mothers
http://www.llli.org/ba/Aug93.html

Six months is an arbitrary time period; we know that continuing to breastfeed prior to each supplemental feed can extend amenorrhea and infertility. Full breastfeeding is not mandatory. Although a recently published manuscript seems to say that any breastfeeding will do during the first six months,9 it is clear from our work and that of many others7, 8, 9, 10 that more intensive breastfeeding is associated with longer durations of infertility. Even using menses as an indication of fertility return has some flexibility: the first ovulation is often associated with inadequacies in the luteal phase and other hormonal parameters. Based on worldwide experiences with relying on lactational amenorrhea beyond six months, we are now exploring what we call LAM II, a new more flexible method. Some centers have already begun independently to experiment with "LAM 9," a nine-month variant, and women who have self-selected to extend LAM are being studied in several settings.11, 12

The unique side effects of LAM, improved infant and maternal health and satisfied family planning workers, contribute in yet another way to the health of the community.

tamara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 11:14:00 pm »

thanks daddy jojo hehe.magandang idea nga kung with help of hubby.pero yung day 1 ng mens up to 7 days,parang scary naman kung mag contact when the red flag is up.i heard pwedeng magka-infection ang babae.we never tried it pa so far.pero alam ko yung ibang couples they are doing it kasi nga safe.sayang naman ang mga panahon hahaha!

lyma17

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 10:43:53 am »

thnx po sa information.. makakatulong sakin to, medyo wala kase ako alam about sa mga ganyang topic.. lage lang ako nag babasa..

J0

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 02:40:27 pm »

Thank you for your comments Tamara and Lyma17.

Please allow me another restatement, simplification.

Basically, we can assume na ang body natin ay may sinusunod na certain order.

Hindi basta-basta nabubunis lang.  Mas madalas na hindi pwede.  Pagpasok ng sperm, patay agad dahil nga sa acid ng vagina. About 25 out of, say, 28 days in a fertility cycle, ganito ang nangyayari (kaya useless and contraceptives at condom). 

Ang chance lang na may mabuhay na sperm (a few thousand lang) ay kung may cervical mucus na magpo-protect sa kanila.  Nagkakaroon lang ng cervical mucus kung maglalabas ng egg o mago-ovulate.  Two days lang pwede mabuhay and sperm. May nagsasabi na up to 3 days daw pero sa theory lang ito. Two days rin daw pwede mabuhay ang egg hanggang sa ma-fertilize ito.

This is why it is said na 5 days sa cycle pwede mabuntis (fertile or ovulation time kasi).

Hindi ko alam kung bakit common knowledge sa karamihan ang menstruation pero hindi ang fettility.  Dahil kaya sa may commercial side and menstruation in the form of feminine pads and napkins?  Or dahil ba we are kept uninformed by contraceptive manufacturers so that they can profit from us.

tamara

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 01:58:30 am »

pwede din po na uninformed,part of their business strategy.para makadami sila ng sales :)

mommie bhing

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 11:03:35 pm »

Thanks talaga daddy jojo. Dahil sa info na ito matutulongan mo kami ng husband ko. Ayaw kasi ng husband ko mag pills ako kasi baka may side effect daw. Pero takot akong mabuntis kasi masyadong bata pa ang baby namin kaya 2 months lang ako gumamit ng pills then nagstop agad ako. Kaso lang tumaba ako ngayon. :(

J0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 09:50:40 am »

Hi Mommie Bhing,

Halos lahat ng synthetic na pinapasok sa katawan ng tao may side effect.  Ang contraceptives tulad ng pills ay nilalabanan o pilit binabago ang natural na pag-iral (function) ng reproductive system natin.

Kung nasa iyo pa ang box at information sheet (literature) ng ininom mong pills, ikaw na mismo ang magbasa sa ilalim ng Adverse Reactions.  Bukod sa maraming side effects, cancer at iba pang serious diseases ang pwede mong makuha dito.

Ang pinaka nakakatakot sa lahat ay yung pills na kaunti o halos walang side effects.  Ibig sabihin binawasan o inalis yung sangkap nito na may side effect...pero ito yung pumipigil na magtagpo ang sperm at ang egg (synthetic chemical that mimics Estrogen).  Mabubuntis ka nang hindi mo alam.  Pagkatapos, yung pangalawang sangkap na nagpapanipis ng matris (sythetic chemical that mimics progesterone, thins the womb)...ito yung magiging dahilan para ang baby mo (one day mong ipinagbuntis)...ay hindi kakapit...malalaglag at mamamatay (chemical abortion).

Welcome to the group, Mommie Bhing.  May mga pampa-slim na tips din dito sa forum.  Ako, from 282 lbs, I went down to 252 and up to 244 lbs.  Ang secret ko ay more fruits and vegetables and very little meat...halos chicken na lang (without skin and fat).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:03:30 am by Daddy Jojo »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4