Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Two-Day Method - Natural, simplest, best of all...it's free!  (Read 47132 times)

babylove

• View Profile
Re: Two-Day Method - Natural, simplest, best of all...it's free
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 05:01:19 pm »

Hah! Interested ako bigla sa slimming tips mo daddy jojo! Pero may rice intake ka or purely fruits, veggies and chicken?

petlover

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 12:28:57 pm »

Thanks Daddy jojo for the very detailed explanation! Sana lahat ng daddys out there ay mas marunong pa sa atin para less worry na tayo.
You're right about the pills. I've been taking pills for 5 to 6 yrs and no side effects were felt, but that's what I thought.. not until after 6 yrs, nakaroon ng stones sa gall bladder ko at kailangan tanggalin kaagad due to complications. As per the Dr, taking pills is one of the reasons daw kaya I stopped it at once. We are now using natural method for 2 yrs na so ok naman. hindi pa ako nabubuntis :D 

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 11:04:53 am »

Hi Babylove and Petlover,

Thank you for sharing your comments on this thread.

Dear Petlover,

Sana nga ma-discover pa ng maraming daddies how mommies are so much beautifully made by God.  A woman's fertility is like the seasons of the year.  After the stormy and cold season, we'll get more warmth in the summer which heralds a lovely flowery fruity spring  ;D

Hmmn, wait, that reminds me of a sonnet I used to read over and over again.

I know I am but summer to your heart,
And not the full four seasons of the year;
And you must welcome from another part
Such noble moods as are not mine, my dear.
No gracious weight of golden fruits to sell
Have I, nor any wise and wintry thing;
And I have loved you all too long and well
To carry still the high sweet breast of Spring.
Wherefore I say: O love, as summer goes,
I must be gone, steal forth with silent drums,
That you may hail anew the bird and rose
When I come back to you, as summer comes.
Else will you seek, at some not distant time,
Even your summer in another clime.

- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Hmmn (reflecting)...men should rediscover the pleasure of encountering life not as a flat line...but as a wave surging and withdrawing and swelling and crashing and gathering.

There so much more about our humanity, our body, our spirit...that we are yet to discover.  It is sad that a lot of people chose to numb their senses with chemicals and pharmaceuticals...choosing death over life.

Thank you for sharing your personal experience here.  I hope other women out there will read what you wrote and reconsider.

`..`. .`..`..`. .`..`..`. .`..`..`. .`..`..`. .`..

Dear Babylove,

I'm glad you are interested...this let's me get a little off-topic.  May ina-advocate ako...I'm proving that rice doesn't make you gain weight.

Although I try to "correct" my rice intake to 6-11 servings a day...according to the Food Pyramid...I've still been consuming a lot of rice (yum).  Unlimited at dinner and during weekends (e.g. Mang Inasal unli rice with my family).  I've been only able to eat a cup of rice during breakfast and lunch, at work.

Rice (grains)
6-11 Servings per day
each serving size is 1/2 cup
(3 to 5.5 cups a day)

It's meat that makes people fat and sickly...that includes seafood as well as pork, beef and chicken.

God bless everyone.

Daddy Jojo

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:06:52 am by Daddy Jojo »

arch.arvin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »

Good day daddy Jojo! Your post is very informative but have you personally tried this method with your wife? If so, how long have you been doing it?  I'm just curious. Effective ba naman? Were you able to do the deed between the 8th-19th day of standard days method? Kasi we've been using it with my wife plus the rubber in the in betweens. Thanks.

J0

• View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 08:55:22 pm »

Hi arch.arvin,

My answer to your question is yes, but since this will involve providing personal information, I'll send you a private message (PM). For those who wish to have a copy of my message to arch.arvin, please PM me.

Cheers,

Daddy Jojo

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 12:12:24 pm »

Any tip on how to switch from Injectable to NFP? Should I wait for my period and cycle to become regular before starting NFP?
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

J0

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »

HI Mommyjazz,

Sorry for the delay.  I've been trying to find the time to respond to you.

You don't have to wait for your period and cycle to become regular, since this may take sometime (as contraceptives alter fertility patterns).  You can start using NFP by observing the signs that indicate if you are fertile or not.

As I have shared in my other posts, the most obvious sign of fertility is the cervical mucus. During non-fertile days, it's not present (dry) or it may be sticky and forms a seal on the opening of a woman's cervix...preventing sperm from entering.

But during fertile days, this mucus becomes more fluid and acts as the sperms' protection, allowing them to swim and enter deep inside, entering the cervix and the womb itself.

A good practice to observe fertility is to find out if you are secreting cervical mucus in the morning...as you go to the bathroom...inspecting your underwear or the tissue that you used.

Here are the primary and secondary signs that a woman is fertile.

Primary
Signs that show you that the body's natural estrogen is increasing are:

* cervical fluid (wet, slippery, like eggwhite)
    * cervix position (high, soft, open)
    * ferning on saliva microscopes
    * a high reading on a fertility monitor

Secondary or other possible fertility signs
   *Ovulation Pain
   *Increased Sex Drive
   *Ovulation spotting
   *Tender Breasts
   *own observations

Sources and Further Reading:

Egg White Cervical Mucus Monitoring   
http://www.bondedfrombirth.com/5/post/2009/12/egg-white-cervical-mucus-monitoring.html

Secondary Fertility Signs
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Secondary-Fertility-Signs-.html

Chart Labels for observing Fertility
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/layouts/ttc/help/chart_key.html

How Cervical Mucus Helps Predict Your Most Fertile Days
http://www.conceiveonline.com/home-fertility-testing/cervical-mucus/

Vaginal Discharge and Cervical Mucus: Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/vaginal-discharge-and-cervical-mucus-frequently-asked-questions

Any tip on how to switch from Injectable to NFP? Should I wait for my period and cycle to become regular before starting NFP?

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:30:16 pm by Daddy Jojo »

Nuna

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 11:44:21 pm »

Subscribing!  :)
Life's not perfect but I AM HAPPY.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 01:21:12 pm »

Thanks Daddy Jojo. I don't need to wait anymore. I can start na pala immediately. I;ll discuss this muna with Hubby,
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

J0

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 02:04:17 pm »

You're welcome po, MommyJazz.

When you have your period, you can start double checking your fertility signs so that you'll be extra confident about it.

I've read about Ovulation Predictor Kits.
http://www.babycenter.com.ph/preconception/suspectingaproblem/howovulationkitswork/
http://www.ka.huggies.com.ph/ovulation-predictor.aspx

Maybe you want to considering trying one.  We haven't tried it.

We've been successfully using NFP for about 14 years now...currently a combination of Billings/Mucus/Ovulation, Two-Day Method and Standard Days Method.

I believe that when people are free from the side effects and synthetic chemicals of contraceptives...we can win back our natural human sensitivity. 

When I quit smoking more than 12 years ago, I gradually regained my sense of smell.  Now I have more appreciation for fragrance and highly sensitive against foul odors.

When my wife and I ate less meat, slept early and increased our consumption of vegetables, fruits and water...we gained more energy.

I hope that you and your husband will discover all the benefits of going natural.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:08:33 pm by Daddy Jojo »

ainge88

• View Profile
Re: Two-Day Method - Natural, simplest, best of all...it's free!
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 11:27:51 pm »

Hi daddy jojo, I want to switch back to NFP na. Kasi sa injectables grabe ang side effects sakin. 20months na ako walang period (9mos pregnant and the rest wala kasi under injectables na ako).

Nagstop na ako for 1 month, waiting for my mens to return para I can start counting monitoring etc, question, since you said po na you don't have to wait for the mens to return, pwede po ba na walang mens pero nagoovulate? Right now, I'm basing my fertile days based sa cervical mucus ko. Pero worried pa rin talaga ako magcontact kay hubby :( tagtuyot na kami. Sa 1month na yun walang labing labing huhu help :(

momazir

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 12:41:59 pm »

wow, very informative naman po ang mga posts ni Daddy Jojo. sinusundan ko ang mga posts niya dahil madami akong natutunan tulad ngayon dahil newbie ako dito, now ko lang nalaman ang Two Day Method.

thank you po.

insensitive

• i didn't know i was capable of feeling so much...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 12:57:36 pm »

HI daddy jojo..
very informative talaga ang mga posts mo..
dahil dyan na convinced ako magstop gumamit ng pills..5mos na and were using calendar method, since regular naman mens ko..

nalilito pa ako dito sa 2day method eh,. ulit ulitin ko muna ng pagbabasa :D

kara

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 03:25:06 pm »

hello daddy jojo, gusto ko itry ang NFP, nagstop na ko magpills (mag2wks palang)... mula nung nanganak ako until ngayon wala pa din akong period, isa yan sa mga reason kung bakit nagdecide kami ni hubby na ihinto ang pagpipills.. sabi mo puwede na magstart kahit wala pang menstation, pano po? ano kayang magandang method? hay nag-wawarlaloo na kami ni hubby e. heheh! ayaw naman niya kasi magcondom.. thanks..

J0

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 05:37:22 pm »

Hi kara and ainge88

Sorry sa lahat ha, ngayon lang ulit ako ng post sa thread na ito.  Medyo naging busy ako.

Basta ganito lang ang rule of thumb (with middle finger pa)...check every morning for mucus/discharge/white mens (you can double check or triple check pa during the day or in the evening)...kung meron...fertile.  Kung wala, kailangan, wala din kahapon.

For two days, dapat wala to say na safe talaga.

Kung nag-all-the-way at may semen deposit, palipasin muna ang 24 hours or more.  Mahirap kasi ma-distinguish kung semen or mucus.

Hindi ko ine-endorse ang Withdrawal pero para lang mabawasan ang anxiety ng couple at mas ma-express more freely ang love through sexual intercourse...you might be interested to know na ang latest finding sa pre-ejaculatory fluid...usually, wala naman daw itong sperm.  Heto ang mga information:

"A study in Boston, Massachusetts, and another study in New York City examined samples of pre ejaculate fluid from HIV seropositive and HIV seronegative men to determine whether HIV was or was not present in pre ejaculate fluid. The researchers found macrophages and CD4 lymphocytes in most samples, indicating that HIV was present. The more significant finding, however, was that most pre ejaculate samples did not contain any sperm and those that did had only small clumps of a very small amount of sperm which seemed to be immobile. A larger study is needed to verify these results. If these results are confirmed, they may dispel the myth that pre ejaculate fluid contains sperm. "

Researchers find no sperm in pre-ejaculate fluid.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12286905

Kung halos parehas lang ang effectivity ng Withdrawal (81%-96% effective) at Condom (86%-97%)...aba eh di wala pala talagang silbi ang Condom.

Tataas pa siguro ang effectivity kung iko-combine ang Two-Day Method (a type pf Fertility Awareness, 75%-98% effective) at Withdrawal.  By the way, Abstinence (100% effective) is always the best option ha.  Pwede naman ibahin at maging mas creative ang expression natin ng love!

BIRTH CONTROL METHOD FAILURE RATES
BIRTH CONTROL METHOD      PERFECT USE (%)TYPICAL USE (%)
No Contraception8585
Consistent Abstinence00
Condom: Male314
Withdrawal419

BIRTH CONTROL METHOD      PERFECT USE (%)TYPICAL USE (%)
Fertility Awareness2-325
TwoDay Method414

Sources:
Contraceptive Methods Failure Rates
http://www.healthcenter.vt.edu/Resources/shc-online-docs/information-sheets/contra-fail-rate.pdf
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:40:59 pm by Daddy Jojo »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4