Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Immediate help thread please for Single Parents  (Read 16182 times)

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
Immediate help thread please for Single Parents
« on: November 09, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »

Dear everyone,

Please post here any immediate source of support (financial, etc.) that you are aware of or have tried so that we can help other single parents out there.  I will try to collate and organize the information on this first message.

You see I've been encountering a lot of single parents who need help and I know that they can find them if they only know how and where to look.

I have a former high school classmate with two kids who decided to leave her husband because he remained jobless, they lived in his mother's house and has not made any efforts to improve  their condition/situation.  She has not been working for quite a long time (so her credentials may not get her a job that pays enough, and provide the time she needs to attend to her children). 

Recently, I realized that my officemate, who had been separated from her husband for years now, has only been working half day to attend to her three children.

Basically, imagine this situation: If a woman decides today to end her relationship with her man and raise their child/children by herself, what support can she get, where can she get it and how fast.

I am thinking that we could collaborate into creating a sort of cheat sheet.

Examples:

A program by a non profit organization.

A project of a government agency

A church-based advocacy

A job, livelihood or source of income, preferably home-based

Non-profit Organizations that specialize on the welfare of women

§ May I request for the moderator of this thread to please pin this or if there's already one, to merge this with that and have this available at the top.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:06:58 pm by Daddy Jojo »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: Immediate help thread please for Single Parents
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:54:39 pm »

A lot has been shared by different members but are scattered in different topics. I can post links to other topics discussed that mention programs, support groups and centers. Will look into it when I get a chance (once I find time).
In the mean time, I'll leave this topic as it is to encourage other members to contribute.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:37:45 pm »

Do check this out. It's an article from Inquirer today about Workshop for Solo Parents  and here's an excerpt:

If successful, SAS will continue with workshop series that will tackle other aspects of solo parenthood: financial management and budgeting, finding the right yaya, legalities, blended families and dating again.

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/homeandentertaining/homeandentertaining/view/20101110-302353/Workshop-for-parents
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

mommy ni gwen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 01:42:22 pm »

wow! this is a nice project daddy jojo! tama ka, ang hirap pag single parent ka, at one the biggest challenges is the financial part. i know the feeling and i'm willing to participate po dito. just tell me how can i help.  :)

Katie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 08:23:30 am »

Thanks for this, Daddy Jojo. :)

I have read before na may mga call centers na part time. For those who are interested to apply, I can do meet ups ( hopefully within makati or LRT 1 area sana para malapit lang), for pep talk :) If you want to apply sa company namin, I can submit your resume for you, so they can schedule an interview. Hindi ko na kukunin ang referral, sau na lahat yun. At least, para makatulong.

Thanks! :)

neondust

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 08:59:11 am »

^ nice.. part time.. pero CVG ba yan?

maganda rin po sana kung may mag-suggest dito ng mga work from home online jobs.. mukhang mas madali yun para sa mga single moms. ;)

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 10:35:56 am »

Work-at-home is a good start. We have online jobs topic at Other Items for sale under Marketplace. I hope it can help a lot of members here specially single moms.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:12:40 pm by Mommyjazz »

mommy ni gwen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 11:56:23 am »

i can offer a mini business that single moms can do at home at a very minimal capital... they can pm me for details

sweet&spice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »

COUNSELLING:
1. Center for Family Ministries (CEFAM)
       a. Loyola - main branch;
       b.  Don Bosco Makati - for south clients.

They offer counselling for all sorts of predicaments, one of which is single parenthood.
When happiness is at the horizon, seize it, call out to it. Claim and decide that it's yours!

sweet&spice

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 11:45:24 am »

i found this site --- for single moms: please check the link: http://www.filipinovolunteer.com/2010/10/every-single-mom-needs-help.html

NAZARETH HOME (KAISAHANG BUHAY FOUNDATION, INC.)
56 10th Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City
1109 Philippines
Tel. Nos. +63.2.9114180, +63.2.9121159, +63.2.9131469, and +63.2.4214075
E-mail: kbf@monzon.com

SINGLE MOMS SUPPORT GROUP
Ms. Maria Amor Moran
Tel. Nos. +63.2.4743544 and +63.932.9187404
When happiness is at the horizon, seize it, call out to it. Claim and decide that it's yours!

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 02:46:35 pm »

This might interest you: "According to the Law: Flexible Time for Solo Parents"
The article mentions benefits a solo parent can avail under "Flexi-time" - solo parenting act.
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/homebase/according-to-the-law-flexible-time-for-solo-parents

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 11:43:24 pm »

This is a sound news for Gov't employed Single Parent
House Bill Filed for Maternity Benefits of Unmarried Govít Employees

Pregnant but unmarried government workers may just have the chance to avail of a maternity leave, should a house bill filed in Congress recently be approved.
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/news/house-bill-filed-for-maternity-benefits-of-unmarried-gov-t-employees

Loving Rach

• View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 03:28:25 pm »

Hi.
I am Rachelle. I have 1 child. A 2 month old prem baby girl Minnie (cause she was mini lol)  :). I am a single young mum. Can you please give me same link on this forum that may help me. Thanks and hope to join you soon. From Rachelle.  :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:30:22 pm by Loving Rach »

jealousygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 08:27:45 am »

HI to everyone...

I agree that its really diffucult to be a single parents, because lahat ng
pasanin dala dala mo,,
- i also a single mom, and currently living separated to my fam,then my daughter is turning 7
so now shes studying,.
ive read some article about single mom in Us, that their government is supportive to those single parents.
- i hope dito rin satin, though we have a solo parent act, but it seems it doesnt exist, yung iba alam, yung iba hindi.. :(  like me, i do have an id, but lack of knowledge kung pano ko maggmit yung mga benefits nila.. :-[
kaya daddy jojo ur right n sana aside from it, meron pang other NGO's or something na makakatulong
sa mga solo parent , most especialy sa financial burden..

Note: Of course hindi naman po manghhngi ng money sa knila,what we are asking is the additional
financial income that can help us to lessen tha financial burden..  :)

♫jam.with.me♪

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 03:44:15 pm »

Thanks Daddy Jojo, by separating this thread from the others makes it easier for us single moms to check what help we can get if we want to raise our kid/s alone.

I am a full-time employee, but of course I want to be a full-time mom as well so I can watch my baby grow up (not with yaya). I wish there's a program that will help us start a business at home.. If not asking too much, an organization that would lend us a capital :) as we are not all capable of starting a business, most of which has only enough funds for their kids' everyday needs.

Hope to get more info here.
Pages: [1] 2 3