Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Immediate help thread please for Single Parents  (Read 16902 times)

aian

• happy and contented
    • View Profile
Re: Immediate help thread please for Single Parents
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 12:27:23 pm »

super agree ako kay sis JAMnLUCAS para kahit small business maka apag simula ang mga single mom na tulad namin tulad ng sa akin minimum lang salary and hindi enough para ma-provide ko needs ng baby ko

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."

ahyzeyuh

• im a good person,just keep on making bad decisions
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 05:41:57 am »

for some other single mom / parent like me
- theres an additional 7paid leaves for us

jealousygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 06:09:12 am »

@ mommy ahyzeyuh.. yan po ba yung solo parent act.??

mommycheska

• I Love My Adorable Kids "Mat, Franco & Lucas"!
    • View Profile
    • Treasure Box Photo Booth
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 06:55:31 am »

This is a great thread! I have single-parent friends and they struggle so much. I once created a thread also (different site) asking if there are support groups or government agencies who cater to single parents but I was in no luck. A few responses only with less information. I told myself, kung magiging single parent pala ako, naku... kailangan ko ng super hero powers at napakaraming pera dahil 3 ang anak ko.  Tsk Tsk.

I saw in tv before (the place is in US), they have a community for single-parents and they can also leave the kids while the parents go to work or school. They have parties and house rules. Lahat sila they treat each other as families. Sana meron din tayong ganito dito. I admire also companies who have daycares so that their employees specially single parents can work while someone is taking care of their kids. At least meron silang naitutulong kahit papaano.

Great Job Daddy Jojo! This is going to be one-stop-thread for all!
To all single parents: Saludo ako sa inyo!!!  ;)

ahyzeyuh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 01:21:37 pm »

@ jealousygirl
sis just go to your local DSWD and file a solo parent ID..
there might be some requirements but its all very handy

jealousygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 06:57:24 am »

^ sis may solo parent Id na po ko,, what im asking from them po is yung other benefits na naklagay sa journal nila.. labo kasi eh,,  for now ang sinasabi lang yung additional 7 days leave lang.

ahyzeyuh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 05:28:15 am »

7days paid leaves on top of the given VLs- yun ang practice sa company namin

maybe you can ask your HR kung ano process nila.

drrubencflores

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 07:15:10 pm »

I as a single parent knows what it is and how it is to be the only one raising a child. Well, in this case. Any single parent can start in a small business. Some single parents are afraid to start a business due to a limited income. For that matter, he or she can apply for an employment and at the same time find sidelines to earn more money.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:17:03 pm by drrubencflores »

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 12:58:15 am »

Q: I just want to ask if I can legally ask for financial support from my child's father. Should I file a case against him?

Read the expert's answer here:
http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/homebase/according-to-the-law-establishing-paternity

toughmom moderator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 08:45:01 pm »

"Perhaps the government could also consider giving solo parents privileges similar to the senior citizen's discount, but on education, school supplies, kid's clothes and medicines. Maybe banks can also have a different set of loans for solo parents, with lower interest rates or longer payment terms.
-Katrina Villareal

Moms Weigh In: Do Single Moms Raise Inferior Kids?

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parenting/pinoy-parenting/do-single-moms-raise-inferior-kids/page/1

ahyzeyuh

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 08:09:53 am »

thanks for sharing the link

slickmom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 02:50:59 pm »

hi mga sis (and bros), newbie here to smart parenting, and a single mom also. i'm glad that there is a section here in smart parenting that is devoted to single parents.  :)

i agree with the post from sis toughmom - for single parents to have certain privileges similar to those of senior citizens - especially the discounts on medicines, school supplies, kid's clothes, and even tuition. i also hope that there will be more work at home opportunities for single parents.

Myangeljzd2ofus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 02:20:33 am »

sa mga kapwa ko solo parent i fully understand the need for support...solo parent act natin masyadong simple. madaming benefits na nakalagay sa solo parent act pero ang nagagamit lang ay and 7 days leave sa mga empleyado. for some reason di applicable and discounts sa gatas and damit ng babys, schools at and karapatan ng mga solo parents na makapag aral. for some reason di ito nagagamit. sana nga makaruon ng tamang forum para sa solo parent to petition na ito naman ang bigyang pansin ng senado at kongreso...madami rin naman kasi ang solo parents na matutulungan ng mga benepisyong naka paloob sa solo parent act...sayang...para sa atin ang mga yun...

jealousygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 08:22:38 pm »

^ indeed.. nakaka Inis lang na LAW nga pero bakit ganun, hindi naman napapatupad ng maayos..
parang siguro naman dapat rin pagtuunan nila ng pansin ang ganitong LAW . . ako nga hindi ko rin masyado nagagamit yung 7days leave na un, kasi nababawas lang sa existing leave ko yung fna file ko,, unfair ano..parang LAw lang but not existing.

Chickiedee

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 04:25:20 pm »

Ditto!  :D

I'm an expectant mom and I'm anticipating that I would be rearing for my unborn child by myself since my live in partner will be leaving as an immigrant this coming Feb. 25th.

Though we talked about how he plans to support my pregnancy and my baby, I am still considering how I will be alone most of the time which is the reason why I've read the Solo Parent's Welfare Act and Parental Leave.

The process as I've understood is very simple and I've known a lot of my friends who has applied for the Solo Parent ID and they told me that they didn't experience any hassle so long as the documents that are being requested are given.

Thru this link : http://www.census.gov.ph/content/q-solo-parents-welfare-act-and-parental-leave, you can learn all the basic things you need to know when and if you're planning to avail of the said act.

There are special provisions that stated that you would only be able to avail of the 7-day parental leave + 3-day special leave + other mandatory leave (even flexible work schedule which depends on your employer) should your income fall above the poverty threshold set by NEDA; else you get to avail all inclusive privileges once you've been granted support.

For the comprehensive package of social development and welfare services for solo parents and their families, you may want to check this link : http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2000/ra_8972_2000.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3